Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract function names and directories from php files Post 302659097 by bamse on Wednesday 20th of June 2012 10:55:39 AM
Old 06-20-2012
Extract function names and directories from php files

I need a script that extracts function names from php files together with their location (path and file in which they are defined).

The php files are located in several directories under a base directory.

Ideally the output should be something like:

"Path/FileName/FunctionName" for a function "FunctionName" which is defined in file "FileName.php" and FileName.php is located in Path.

Should be pretty simple, but I haven't done any scripting for years, so hopefully somebody can help. Any scripting language is fine.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare File Names in Different Directories...

I do not know much about shell scripting and need to create a script and I am at a loss. If someone can help me, that would be great!! I have two directories: /dir1 /dir2 I need to get the sequence number which is part of the filename in /dir1 and delete all files in /dir2 that are... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stky13
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to find function names

hi, i am a newbie and have to write a rather complicated script. Assume that i have a variable called x and a C source code file say file1.c (these are the inputs of the script) and i need to find the names of all the functions in the C file containing x.Take the following code as an example: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samantha grace
2 Replies

3. Solaris

How to extract files from a tar file without creating the directories?

Hello all. I have a tar file that contains a number of files that are stored in different directories. If I extract this tar file with -xvf , the directories get created. Is there a way to extract all of the files into one directory without creating the directories stored in the tar file. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gkb
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating named directories from a list of names

Hi There, I'm a competent computer user that is learning basic unix commands. This is a slightly hypothetical question (for now at least!) but I can see a need for doing something like this in the near future. So I recently learned this command mkdir foo{1..100} which of course create's... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lookslikejames
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

**URGENT ** : Comparing the pattern of the file names in 2 different directories

Hi, I have got a requirement for which i need your help. The following problem is required to get solved in PERL SCRIPT. Here is the requirement. There are 4 folders say SRC_DIR1, SRC_DIR2 and TGT_DIR_1,TGT_DIR_2 (Note: both path of SRC_DIR1 & SRC_DIR2 are different but both path of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shadow_fawkes
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing the pattern of the file names in 2 different directories

Hi, I have got a requirement for which i need your help. The following problem is required to get solved in PERL SCRIPT. Here is the requirement. There are 4 folders say SRC_DIR1, SRC_DIR2 and TGT_DIR_1,TGT_DIR_2 (Note: both path of SRC_DIR1 & SRC_DIR2 are different but both path of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shadow_fawkes
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to remove directories names 1 2 3 ...

Dear All, I have some list of directories names 1 2 3 .... n. Number can vary each time when I run some software to create these folders. When ever I wanted to run new case I have to remove all the sub-directories named 1 2 3 4 .... in case directory. How can I do it using rm -r command? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxUser_
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare files with different names in different directories

Hi, I have a requirement to compare files in different directories with different names. The files have a datestamp in their name (It might not be a sequential datetimestamp). This is for Redhat Linux. I have more than 5 directories and more than 10 file in each directory to be compared. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: GosarJunk
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract filepath names between two strings

OS : Fedora Linux 26 Shell : bash I have a file with around 5000 lines like below. file /usr/share/icons/Papirus/16x16/actions/papirus-icon-theme-20180501-1.noarch conflicts with file ... file /usr/share/icons/Papirus/16x16/actions/align-horizontal-left-to-anchor.svg conflicts between... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: John K
7 Replies
CHOWN(3)								 1								  CHOWN(3)

chown - Changes file owner

SYNOPSIS
bool chown (string $filename, mixed $user) DESCRIPTION
Attempts to change the owner of the file $filename to user $user. Only the superuser may change the owner of a file. PARAMETERS
o $filename - Path to the file. o $user - A user name or number. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Simple chown(3) usage <?php // File name and username to use $file_name= "foo.php"; $path = "/home/sites/php.net/public_html/sandbox/" . $file_name ; $user_name = "root"; // Set the user chown($path, $user_name); // Check the result $stat = stat($path); print_r(posix_getpwuid($stat['uid'])); ?> The above example will output something similar to: Array ( [name] => root [passwd] => x [uid] => 0 [gid] => 0 [gecos] => root [dir] => /root [shell] => /bin/bash ) NOTES
Note This function will not work on remote files as the file to be examined must be accessible via the server's filesystem. Note When safe mode is enabled, PHP checks whether the files or directories being operated upon have the same UID (owner) as the script that is being executed. SEE ALSO
chmod(3), chgrp(3). PHP Documentation Group CHOWN(3)