Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with separating datatype, column name Post 302659067 by Corona688 on Wednesday 20th of June 2012 10:30:00 AM
Old 06-20-2012
Show the output you want, not just the input you have.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

separating commands

hey there well i have a small problem with my code. when for example : " /bin/sleep 10 & ls -l mila > xyz " is entered, the program is supposed to separate the two commands 1) /bin/sleep 10 & and 2) ls -l mila > xyz. im not sure of how to achieve this. my current program stores both commands... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mile1982
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

separating fields

Hi, i have a file as follows: jonathan:bonus1,bonus2 gerald:bonus1 patrick:bonus1,bonus2 My desired output is jonathan:bonus1 jonathan:bonus2 gerald:bonus1 patrick:bonus1 patrick:bonus2 my current code is cat $F | awk -F"" how should i continue the code? Can i do something... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Separating data from one column into two columns

Hello, I have a file that contains 64,235 columns and over 1000 rows and looks similar to this: ID dad mom 1 2 3 4 5.... 64232 1234 5678 6789 AA BB CC DD EE....ZZ 1342 5786 6897 BB CC DD EE FF....AA 1423 5867 6978 CC DD EE FF GG....BB I need to leave the first three columns in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: doobedoo
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Separating fields

Hi, I have a text file in following format: 2.45 5.67 6.43 I have to cut the values before decimal and store them in a file. So the output file should look like: 2 5 6 . . and so on... Can someone suggest me a sed/awk command for doing this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sajal.bhatia
2 Replies

5. Programming

How to get the size of the datatype passed as the command line argumet?

#include <stdio.h> int main(int argc, char *argv) { printf("%d\n", sizeof(argv)); return 0; } when I run the executable a.out after compiling the above program as: a.out short (or) a.out "long double", I expected to get the output as 2 and 12, but I am always getting the size of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help separating a file

Hi all, I have a single text file, Contig3.fasta, that looks like this: >NAME1 ACCTGGTA >NAME2 GGTTGGACA >NAME3 ATTTTGGGCCAnd It has about 100 items like this in it. What I would like to do is copy each item into 100 different text files, and have them named a certain way Output... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: repiv
4 Replies

7. Programming

Understanding C++ template partial specialization with pointer datatype arguments

When I compile the below code, I am getting error as template<typename T> T AddFun(T i, T j) { return i + j; } template<> T* AddFun<T*>(T* i, T* j) { return new T(*i + *j); } int main() { int n = AddFun<int>(10, 20); int i = 10, j = 20; int* p = AddFun<int*>(&i,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Datatype file validation

I have a sourcefile which contains data as below.I want to check whether datatype,structure and date format looks good as mentioned. Data is delemited by cydila . Source file-Emp.txt sno name phoneno dept joineddate 1 vivek 0861 CSE 2013-05-29 00:00:00 2 dinesh 123456 ECE ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: katakamvivek
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Datatype and length validation

I have sourcefile and structure of source file,i want to check whether datatype and length mention in emp.txt is same as source file. Example: in emp.txt first row contains sno number so in source file also first column should contain only number if data is other than number then that... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Datatype,structure and dateformat checking.

I have a sourcefile which contains data as below.I want to check whether datatype,structure and date format looks good as mentioned. Data is delemited by cydila Ç. Source file-Emp.txt snoÇnameÇphonenoÇdeptÇjoineddate 1ÇvivekÇ0861ÇCSEÇ2013-05-29 00:00:00 2ÇdineshÇ123456ÇECEÇ2013-05-29 00:00:00... (8 Replies)
8 Replies
MPI_Type_size(3)							MPI							  MPI_Type_size(3)

NAME
MPI_Type_size - Return the number of bytes occupied by entries in the datatype SYNOPSIS
int MPI_Type_size(MPI_Datatype datatype, int *size) INPUT PARAMETERS
datatype - datatype (handle) OUTPUT PARAMETER
size - datatype size (integer) THREAD AND INTERRUPT SAFETY
This routine is both thread- and interrupt-safe. This means that this routine may safely be used by multiple threads and from within a signal handler. NOTES FOR FORTRAN
All MPI routines in Fortran (except for MPI_WTIME and MPI_WTICK ) have an additional argument ierr at the end of the argument list. ierr is an integer and has the same meaning as the return value of the routine in C. In Fortran, MPI routines are subroutines, and are invoked with the call statement. All MPI objects (e.g., MPI_Datatype , MPI_Comm ) are of type INTEGER in Fortran. ERRORS
All MPI routines (except MPI_Wtime and MPI_Wtick ) return an error value; C routines as the value of the function and Fortran routines in the last argument. Before the value is returned, the current MPI error handler is called. By default, this error handler aborts the MPI job. The error handler may be changed with MPI_Comm_set_errhandler (for communicators), MPI_File_set_errhandler (for files), and MPI_Win_set_errhandler (for RMA windows). The MPI-1 routine MPI_Errhandler_set may be used but its use is deprecated. The predefined error handler MPI_ERRORS_RETURN may be used to cause error values to be returned. Note that MPI does not guarentee that an MPI program can continue past an error; however, MPI implementations will attempt to continue whenever possible. MPI_SUCCESS - No error; MPI routine completed successfully. MPI_ERR_TYPE - Invalid datatype argument. May be an uncommitted MPI_Datatype (see MPI_Type_commit ). MPI_ERR_ARG - Invalid argument. Some argument is invalid and is not identified by a specific error class (e.g., MPI_ERR_RANK ). LOCATION
type_size.c 7/29/2010 MPI_Type_size(3)