Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Arrays in C++
Top Forums Programming Arrays in C++ Post 302659049 by sumtaru on Wednesday 20th of June 2012 10:22:10 AM
Old 06-20-2012
yes, passing array is call by reference.Array name without subscript is itself a poinetr.
For c++ refer C++ Basics

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arrays

Dear all, How can i unset arrays. I mean all the subscripts including the array after using them. Could you direct me to some links of array memory handling in the korn shell. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: earlysame55
2 Replies

2. Web Development

PHP arrays in arrays

PHP question... I have an SQL query that's pulled back user IDs as a set of columns. Rather than IDs, I want to use their names. So I have an array of columns $col with values 1,7,3,12 etc and I've got an array $person with values "Fred", "Bert", "Tom" etc So what I want to do is display the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JerryHone
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

arrays how to?

Hello, I am some what of a newbie to awk scripting and I seem to be struggling with this problem. I know I need to use arrays but I can't figure out how to use them. I have an input file that looks like this; Name,Team,First Test, Second Test, Third Test Crystal,Red,5,17,22... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vlopez
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

Hitachi arrays to HP-UX 11.11

We have 2 servers (L1000 and rp7410) running 11.11. We would like to hook them up to either a Hitatchi AMS 2500 or Hitachi USPV via fiber channel. I need to what drivers I need for this and if it will work. Oh, they are using HP Tachyon XL2 Fiber Channel Mass Storage Adapters. Thanks, Bill (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wsmcelroy
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

2d arrays in unix

hi everybody can anyone help me with usage of 2 dimensional arrays in unix. please provide a suitable example for accessing individual elements as well as all elements. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpriyank
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using arrays in shell

I have three arrays. One is Master array and that has list of other array in config file. for e.g (for simplicity I have only defined array with 2 elements each) set +A MASTERARRAY SQLUPDATE_ONETIME SQLUPDATE_DAILY END_OF_ARRAY set +A SQLUPDATE_ONETIME update12 update22 END_OF_ARRAY... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anish
4 Replies

7. Programming

question about int arrays and file pointer arrays

if i declare both but don't input any variables what values will the int array and file pointer array have on default, and if i want to reset any of the elements of both arrays to default, should i just set it to 0 or NULL or what? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: omega666
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I use the arrays ?

Hi all, I have a file test1.txt with the below contents abc def ghj xyz I tried printing these values using arrays. Script tried : =========== set -A array1 `cat test1.txt` count=${#array1 } i=0 while do echo "element of array $array1" done (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dnam9917
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using arrays?

I have never used arrays before but I have a script like this: var1=$(for i in $(cat /tmp/jobs.021013);do $LIST -job $i -all | perl -ne 'print /.*(\bInfo.bptm\(pid=\d{3,5}).*/' | tr -d "(Info=regpid" | tr -d ')'; $LIST -job $i -all | cut -f7 -d','| sed -e "s/^\(*\)\(*\)\(*\)\(.*\)/\1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Arrays

Am using bash For eg: Suppose i have a array arr=(1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12) suppose i give input 5 to a script and script should able to print values greater than or equal to 5 like below: Input: 5 output: 5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manid
7 Replies
Weak(3o)							   OCaml library							  Weak(3o)

NAME
Weak - Arrays of weak pointers and hash tables of weak pointers. Module Module Weak Documentation Module Weak : sig end Arrays of weak pointers and hash tables of weak pointers. === Low-level functions === type 'a t The type of arrays of weak pointers (weak arrays). A weak pointer is a value that the garbage collector may erase whenever the value is not used any more (through normal pointers) by the program. Note that finalisation functions are run after the weak pointers are erased. A weak pointer is said to be full if it points to a value, empty if the value was erased by the GC. Notes: -Integers are not allocated and cannot be stored in weak arrays. -Weak arrays cannot be marshaled using Pervasives.output_value nor the functions of the Marshal module. val create : int -> 'a t Weak.create n returns a new weak array of length n . All the pointers are initially empty. Raise Invalid_argument if n is negative or greater than Sys.max_array_length -1 . val length : 'a t -> int Weak.length ar returns the length (number of elements) of ar . val set : 'a t -> int -> 'a option -> unit Weak.set ar n (Some el) sets the n th cell of ar to be a (full) pointer to el ; Weak.set ar n None sets the n th cell of ar to empty. Raise Invalid_argument Weak.set if n is not in the range 0 to Weak.length a - 1 . val get : 'a t -> int -> 'a option Weak.get ar n returns None if the n th cell of ar is empty, Some x (where x is the value) if it is full. Raise Invalid_argument Weak.get if n is not in the range 0 to Weak.length a - 1 . val get_copy : 'a t -> int -> 'a option Weak.get_copy ar n returns None if the n th cell of ar is empty, Some x (where x is a (shallow) copy of the value) if it is full. In addi- tion to pitfalls with mutable values, the interesting difference with get is that get_copy does not prevent the incremental GC from erasing the value in its current cycle ( get may delay the erasure to the next GC cycle). Raise Invalid_argument Weak.get if n is not in the range 0 to Weak.length a - 1 . val check : 'a t -> int -> bool Weak.check ar n returns true if the n th cell of ar is full, false if it is empty. Note that even if Weak.check ar n returns true , a sub- sequent Weak.get ar n can return None . val fill : 'a t -> int -> int -> 'a option -> unit Weak.fill ar ofs len el sets to el all pointers of ar from ofs to ofs + len - 1 . Raise Invalid_argument Weak.fill if ofs and len do not designate a valid subarray of a . val blit : 'a t -> int -> 'a t -> int -> int -> unit Weak.blit ar1 off1 ar2 off2 len copies len weak pointers from ar1 (starting at off1 ) to ar2 (starting at off2 ). It works correctly even if ar1 and ar2 are the same. Raise Invalid_argument Weak.blit if off1 and len do not designate a valid subarray of ar1 , or if off2 and len do not designate a valid subarray of ar2 . === Weak hash tables === === A weak hash table is a hashed set of values. Each value may magically disappear from the set when it is not used by the rest of the program any more. This is normally used to share data structures without inducing memory leaks. Weak hash tables are defined on values from a Hashtbl.HashedType module; the equal relation and hash function are taken from that module. We will say that v is an instance of x if equal x v is true. The equal relation must be able to work on a shallow copy of the values and give the same result as with the values themselves. === module type S = sig end The output signature of the functor Weak.Make . module Make : functor (H : Hashtbl.HashedType) -> sig end Functor building an implementation of the weak hash table structure. OCamldoc 2012-06-26 Weak(3o)