Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Unable to ping Linux guest from win7 host Post 302659047 by Corona688 on Wednesday 20th of June 2012 10:20:56 AM
Old 06-20-2012
I don't see any way for your hosts to be communicating, Windows has no route to 192.168.29 .

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to ping host

Hi, dear all, I am rather new to Unix and have this problem where I cant seem to ping from 1 host to another. The scenerio is as follows: - 1 QNX host->Eth->1 SCO host the SCO host is configured with it's IP the QNX host is configured with another IP both in the same domain, ie, 172.20.3.XX... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gavon
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

QNX host cannot ping SCO host, vice versa

The problem I am facing now is that the QNX host could not ping the SCO host and vice versa. They are in the same domain, ie, 172.20.3.xx. As I am very new to Unix, I guess I must have missed out some important steps. Pls help... Thanx alot (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gavon
2 Replies

3. Solaris

unable to ping a host in another domain

Hello I have a server in it.siroe.com I added it.siroe.com in /etc/resolv.conf. I still can't ping the server. any service to restart here? any other file to edit? thx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Unable to ping Solaris VM from Xp host

Hi All, I am using Vmware Workstation 6.0.3 build-80004. Guest OS: Solaris 10 Host OS : Win XP I am getting request time out when i am trying to ping from XP ( cmd line) to Solaris VM - I have assigned IP 192.168.50.5 in Solaris VM ( Hostname: Tower1) and it is in UP status. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
4 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Sharing internet from host os to guest os

I have a host os Windows 7 ultimate in place where virtual box is installed. Now in virtual box I have installed solaris 10. There is internet connection present in host windows 7 still I am not able to access internet in solaris 10. Please help to configure solaris so that internet can be... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiten.r.chauhan
12 Replies

6. IP Networking

ping can not recognize host but host command can

Hi, I have a weird problem. when ever I do ping command like for example ping unix.comI get the following message: # ping unix.com ping: unknown host unix.com but when I use host the computer is able to know the host. # host unix.com unix.com has address 81.17.242.186 unix.com mail is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Network issue on multinic. Unable to ping a host from One NIC but other works

Dear, I hope you all will be ok. I have an issue with Solaris box running on x86 Blade. I am unable to ping a node neither traceroute. I am able to do traceroute from oce0:6 port which have IP and subnet of same type which oce0:1 has. details are as follows: Problem: root@rinams02:/#... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: khaniqshahid
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Qemu Problems: OpenBSD(host) Kali Linux(guest)

As the title suggests I ran into a little problem trying to create a virtual machine of Kali Linux usign Qemu inside OpenBSD. I edited the example Kali Linux gave on their website here to the following for BSD: qemu-system-i386 -hda ./kali.qcow2 -boot d -cdrom ./kali-linux-1.0.5-i386.iso -m... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
0 Replies

9. Proxy Server

Unable to access Samba share with Ubuntu on Win7

I have an issue with my Samba share - I am unable to write to it, edit a file or rename a folder etc within Windows. I am using Windows 7 and Ubuntu 12.04 and this is my Samba config. I can connect to the /sylius directory no problem (no password required), but I cannot save to it. Is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crmpicco
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Guest LDOMS on same subnet cant ping eachother

Hi all, New to this forum. I have just been reading through a historical thread about some issues with IPMP. Some tips from "Peasant" where very useful. Please see below "Just couple of more hints regarding VM. For VDS, use one VDS - one guest LDOM, don't put everything in primary-vds.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: selectstar
9 Replies
pbuilder-uml.conf(5)						     pbuilder						      pbuilder-uml.conf(5)

NAME
pbuilder-uml.conf - configuration file for user-mode-linux port of pbuilder DESCRIPTION
/etc/pbuilder/pbuilder-uml.conf contains default values used in pbuilder-user-mode-linux program invocation. FORMAT
MY_ETH0=tuntap,,,192.168.0.2 Configures ethernet setting used for booting linux. See how rootstrap boots your system, and copy that. Specify --eth0=slirp,12345,/usr/bin/slirp-fullbolt to use the slirp connection. UML_IP=192.168.0.3 IP address to use for guest OS. This can be set to dhcp for obtaining IP address through DHCP. UML_NETMASK=255.255.255.0 Guest OS netmask UML_NETWORK=192.168.0.0 Guest OS network UML_BROADCAST=255.255.255.255 Guest OS broadcast UML_GATEWAY=192.168.0.1 Guest OS gateway PBUILDER_UML_IMAGE=${HOME}/uml-image Guest OS file system image. UML_MOUNT_TMPFS=no Whether to mount tmpfs inside the guest image. This is probably mostly useless. BUILDPLACE=${HOME}/tmp/ The location which build will take place. pbuilder-user-mode-linux will place temporary COW files to there. The user running UML needs to be able to access that directory. UML_MEM=128 The amount of memory allowed for UML. Give more value to here. UML_HOSTNAME=uml-host The hostname for the UML. The hostname should be available in /etc/hosts so that hostname -f will be able to return the FQDN. UML_BUILDRESULT=/directory/of/build/result The directory where build result of pbuilder-user-mode-linux is stored. ROOTSTRAP_IMAGESIZE=size-in-megabytes The size, in MB, of the disk iamge to create. Defaults to 1000. NOTES
It is advised to set APTCACHEHARDLINK to no in ~/.pbuilderrc. see pbuilderrc(5) for details. AUTHOR
Initial coding, and main maintenance is done by Junichi Uekawa <dancer@debian.org>. The homepage is available at http://pbuilder.alioth.debian.org FILES
/etc/pbuilder/pbuilder-uml.conf, ${HOME}/.pbuilderrc SEE ALSO
/usr/share/doc/pbuilder/pbuilder-doc.html, pbuilder-user-mode-linux(1), pbuilder(8), pbuilderrc(5), pdebuild(1) Debian 2003 Jan 8 pbuilder-uml.conf(5)