Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: TCP segments retransmission
Operating Systems Linux SuSE TCP segments retransmission Post 302658713 by Pouchie1 on Tuesday 19th of June 2012 09:03:20 PM
Old 06-19-2012
TCP segments retransmission

Hi all,

I got an application that is running on SUSE Linux. I would like to get some data about the number of TCP segments retransmission on a particular interface. Is there any way I can get that?

Thanks,

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Shared Memory segments

Hello.... AIX has a limit of 11 shared memory segments per process, does any one know how many HP have?? If so how do I find that out?? Thanks in advance...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: catwomen
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

HP-UX Trying to Understand Shared Memory Segments

I am fairly new to HP-UX and trying to get a better understanding of the operating system. While poking around a bit I find myself questioning whether I should be concerned about Shared Memory segments with missing CPID and LPID? For example: ipcs -mp IPC status from /dev/kmem as of Mon Mar... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scotbuff
2 Replies

3. Programming

Write into shared memory segments

I have created a shared memory segment (which size is 64 bytes) using shmget, shmat e.t.c and i want to divide it into 2 areas. One area for input data and one area for output? How can i do that? Furthermore, When i have to write my input data into the shared memory segment i want to write... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mae4
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare EDI files by skipping selected Segments

Hi, I wanted to compare EDI files present in Two different Directories which can be related by the file names. While comparing the EDI files i have to skip selected segments such as "ISA" "IEA" and "GS" "GE" since this may have datetime stamp and different "Sender" "Receiver" Qual. and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sivas
3 Replies

5. Programming

C programming - Memory Segments

Can someone tell me how many bytes are allocated for C segments(text,data,heap,stack). (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nandumishra
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Averaging segments

Hi, I have a file that I want to average. So specifically I want to average every third column for each row. Here is an example of my file 2 2 2 3 3 3 1 1 1 5 5 5 Heres what I want it to look like after averaging every third column 2 3 1 5 thanks (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylle345
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Averaging segments and including the name

Hello, I have a awk line that averages rows. So if my file looks like this: Jack 1 1 1 1 1 1 Joe 1 1 1 1 1 1 Jerry 0 0 0 0 0 0 John 1 1 1 0 0 0 The awk line below skips column 1 and then averaged the rows awk -F'\t' -v r=3... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Too much TCP retransmitted and TCP duplicate on server Oracle Solaris 10

I have problem with oracle solaris 10 running on oracle sparc T4-2 server. Os information: 5.10 Generic_150400-03 sun4v sparc sun4v Output from tcpstat.d script TCP bytes: out outRetrans in inDup inUnorder 6833763 7300 98884 0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: insatiable1610
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep start and end line of each segments in a file

Cat file1 -------- ---------- SCHEMA.TABLE1 insert------- update----- ------------- ---------- SCHEMA.TABLE2 insert------- update----- ----------- ------------ SCHEMA.TABLE3 insert------- update----- ------------ grep -n SCHEMA > header_file2.txt (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Veera_V
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting segments

I have queue.txt with the following contents: Queue on node ... description : type : local max message len : 104857600 max queue depth : 5000 queue depth max event : enabled persistent msgs : yes backout... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
5 Replies
plock(2)							System Calls Manual							  plock(2)

NAME
plock() - lock process, text, data, stack, or shared library in memory SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The system call allows the calling process to lock the text segment of the process (text lock), its data segment (data lock), or both its text and data segment (process lock) into memory. Stack segments are also locked when data segments are locked. Shared library text and shared library data segments (shlib lock) can also be locked. Locked segments are immune to all routine swapping. also allows these seg- ments to be unlocked. The effective user ID of the calling process must be a user with the privilege. op must be one of the following: Lock text and data segments into memory (process lock) Lock text segment into memory (text lock) Lock data segment into memory (data lock) Remove locks Lock shared library text and shared library data segments (shared library lock) Lock text, data and shared library text and shared library data segments into memory (process and shared library lock) Lock text, shared library text and shared library data segments into memory (text and shared library lock) Lock data, shared library text and shared library data segments into memory (data and shared library lock) Although and the family of functions may be used together in an application, each may affect the other in unexpected ways. This practice is not recommended. Security Restrictions Some or all of the actions associated with this system call require the privilege. Processes owned by the superuser have this privilege. Processes owned by other users may have this privilege, depending on system configuration. See privileges(5) for more information about privileged access on systems that support fine-grained privileges. RETURN VALUE
returns the following values: Successful completion. Failure. The requested operation is not performed. is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
If fails, is set to one of the following values. op is equal to and a process lock, a text lock, or a data lock already exists on the calling process. op is equal to and a text lock or process lock already exists on the calling process. op is equal to and a data lock, or process lock already exists on the calling process. op is equal to and no type of lock exists on the calling process. op is equal to and there are no unlocked shared library segments in the calling process. op is equal to and a process lock, a text lock, or a data lock already exists on the calling process. op is equal to and a text lock or process lock already exists on the calling process. op is equal to and a data lock, or process lock already exists on the calling process. op is not equal to one of the values specified in is not allowed in a window. See vfork(2). There is not enough lockable memory in the system to satisfy the locking request. The effective user ID of the calling process is not a user with the privilege. EXAMPLES
The following call to locks the calling process in memory: SEE ALSO
setprivgrp(1M), exec(2), exit(2), fork(2), getprivgrp(2), mlock(2), vfork(2), privileges(5). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
plock(2)