Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Randomize letters
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Randomize letters Post 302658441 by alister on Tuesday 19th of June 2012 09:15:15 AM
Old 06-19-2012
Why randomize at all? You could scan kord, eliminating each word in turn if it is not the same length or does not use the same letters with the same frequency. 162,060 isn't a lot to brute.

Regards,
Alister

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

capital letters GONE!

I have an odd issue. I am trying to copy some files/folders to my linux box via a burned CD which I created on my mac. When I browse the files on the mac (or my windows box), everything looks fine (some of the folder names start with a capital letter, which is needed for everything to work... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: blogg
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

trim letters

Hello, I have a list of words.. ranging from 4 to any characters long.. to not more than 20 though. How can I select only first seven letters of the list of words? example:- wwwwwwwwww eeeee wererreetf sdsarddrereewtewt sdsdsds sdsd ereetetttt ewtwertwrttrttrtrtwtrww I... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: fed.linuxgossip
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to strip few letters

Hey guys.. Can experts help me in achieving my purpose.. I have a file which contains email address of some 100 to 1000 domains, I need only the domain names.. Eg: abc@yahoo.com hd@gamil.com ed@hotmail.com The output should contain only Yahoo.com ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: achararun
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Add letters

I want to add letters A,B,C,… in front of every line of input while printing them out using PERL. eg A file is parsed as a cmd line arg and its context will be displayed as A line1... B line 2.. I tried this..but I want better and perfect solution! !perl -p my $counter; BEGIN { $counter... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aadi_uni
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Randomize a matrix

--please have a look at my third post in this thread! there I explained it more clearly-- Hey guys. I posted a complex problem few days back. No reply! :| Here is simplified question: I have a matrix with 0/1: * col1 col2 col3 row1 1 0 1 row2 0 0 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: @man
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Randomize a file

Hi, I have a large file that looks like this: @FCC189PACXX:2:1101:1420:2139/1 AGCGAGACTCCGTCTCAAAAAGAAAAAATTTTTCAAAATATTGCAATGGGCTTGTAATTTCTGCTTAAATGTCAGGAGGTCTGAGCCATT + bbbeeeceggggghiiiiiiiiiihfihihiiihhhghiihhihifhihiihhhhhhhhiiigfggggdceeeeebdcc^``bbcbccbb... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylle345
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to cut only letters?

I was wondering how I could cut only the names of items from the following list: spoons50 cups29 forks50 plates29 I used "man cut" and thought -c would help, but the items have different character lengths. Please note that there is no space between the item and number (so I can't use... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: PTcharger
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Randomize columns in CSV file

Hi there, friends! Writing exams again! This time my wish would be to randomize certain columns in a csv file. Given a file containing records consisting of 3 columns tab-separated: A B C A B C A B C I would love to get the columns of each record in random order...separated by a tab as... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: eldeingles
12 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Random letters

Hi there, first of all this is not homework...this is a new type of exercise for practicing vocabulary with my students. I have a file consisting of two columns, separated by a tab, each line consisting of a word and its definition, separated by a line break. What i need is to replace a... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: eldeingles
15 Replies
DPBINDIC(1)						      General Commands Manual						       DPBINDIC(1)

NAME
dpbindic - Convert a binary-form dictionary into a text-form dictionary SYNOPSYS
dpbindic [ -xiu [ frequency ] ] binary-file [ text-file ] DESCRIPTION
dpbindic outputs the file information of the binary-form dictionary file specified in binary-file . At this time, the word information of the dictionary can be output in text form to the standard output. To do so, use test-file to specify the text-form dictionary used as the source of binary-form dictionary file. If this specification is omitted, the text dictionary file information in the binary dictionary file will be output. The standard grammar file name is /usr/local/canna/lib/dic/hyoujun.gram. It will be used if the grammar file name specification is omitted. The output format of word information data is specified using an option. OPTIONS
-x Outputs the data without using omission symbol @, which is used when the initial word represents the reading. -i Replaces the reading and word for output. -u Outputs the candidates used in conversion. Outputs all candidates having frequency or more. If frequency is omitted, all candi- dates having frequency 1 will be output. EXAMPLES
(1) If the text-form dictionary file name is omitted: %dibindic iroha.cbd (Text dictionary file name = Directory size + Word size, packed) iroha.swd = 2985 + 5306 pak a4 iroha.mwd = 36276 + 113139 pak a4 (2) If the text-form dictionary file name iroha.mwd is specified: %dpbindic iroha.cbd iroha.mwd (Text dictionary file name = Directory size + Word size, packed) iroha.mwd = 36276 + 113139 pak a4 SEE ALSO
mkbindic(1), dicar(1) DPBINDIC(1)