Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Compare values of fields from same column with awk Post 302658267 by jawsnnn on Tuesday 19th of June 2012 05:30:26 AM
Old 06-19-2012
If using shell script is an option

Code:
#!/bin/ksh
cnt=$(awk -F'|' '{print NF;exit}' 1)
for i in {1..$(expr ${cnt} - 1)}
do
  field=$(cut -d'|' -f${i} 1 | sort -u | tr '\n' ',' | sed 's/,$//g')
  printf ${field}'|'
done
field=$(cut -d'|' -f${cnt} 1 | sort -u | tr '\n' ',' | sed 's/,$//g')
printf ${field}"\n"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read and compare multiple fields in a column at the same time

Hi, Currently I am coding up a nasty way of reading file input using *cat* rather than *read*. My text input looks like TextA 100 TextB 110 TextC 120 Currently I am using cat |while read line to read the first column and second column fields. cat foo.txt|while read line do ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Compare two files using awk or sed, add values in a column if their previous fields are same

Hi All, I have two files file1: abc,def,ghi,5,jkl,mno pqr,stu,ghi,10,vwx,xyz cba,ust,ihg,4,cdu,oqw file2: ravi,def,kishore ramu,ust,krishna joseph,stu,mike I need two output files as follows In my above example, each row in file1 has 6 fields and each row in file2 has 3... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yerruhari
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compare two files using awk or sed, add values in a column if their previous fields are same

Hi All, I have two files file1: abc,def,ghi,5,jkl,mno pqr,stu,ghi,10,vwx,xyz cba,ust,ihg,4,cdu,oqw file2: ravi,def,kishore ramu,ust,krishna joseph,stu,mike I need two output files as follows In my above example, each row in file1 has 6 fields and each row in file2 has 3... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi All, I have two files file1: abc,def,ghi,5,jkl,mno pqr,stu,ghi,10,vwx,xyz cba,ust,ihg,4,cdu,oqw file2: ravi,def,kishore ramu,ust,krishna joseph,stu,mike I need two output files as follows In my above example, each row in file1 has 6 fields and each row in file2 has 3... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files based on values of fields.

Hi All, I have two files and data looks like this: File1 Contents #Field1,Field2 Dist_Center_file1.txt;21 Dist_Center_file3.txt;20 Dist_Center_file2.txt;20 File2 Contents (*** No Header ***) Dist_Center_file1.txt;23 Dist_Center_file2.txt;20 Dist_Center_file3.txt;20 I have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hangman2
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare the values of a column in awk in a same file and consecutive lines..

I would like to compare the values of 2nd column of consecutive lines of same file in such a way so that if the difference between first value and second value is more than 100 it should print complete line else ignore line. Input File ========== PDB 2500 RTDB 123 RTDB-EAGLE 122 VSCCP 2565... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manuswami
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - compare 1st 15 fields of record with 20 fields

I'm trying to compare 2 files for differences in a selct number of fields. When differnces are found it will write the whole record of the second file including appending '|C' out to a delta file. Each record will have 20 fields, but only want to do comparison of 1st 15 fields. The 1st field of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sljnk
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare the values of a column in a same file using awk?

Dear Unix experts, I have got a file where I would like to compare the values of second column if first column is same in such a way that the difference between the values is >50. If not, I would like to discard both values. For example, my input file looks like - comp275_c0_seq2 73... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: utritala
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files column values using awk

Judi # cat File1 judi /export/home 76 judi /usr 83 judi # judi # cat File2 judi /export/home 79 judi /usr 82 judi # if COLUMN3 of File2 is greater that COLUMN3 of File1, then print File2's lines juid /export/home 79 Code tags please (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: judi
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Compare values in multiple rows in one column using awk

I would like to compare values in column 8, and grep the ones where the different is > 1, columns 1 and 2 are the key for array. Every 4 rows the records values in columns 1 and 2 changed. Then, the comparison in the column 8 need to be done for the 4 rows everytime columns 1 and 2 changed ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
4 Replies
DB2_FIELD_TYPE(3)							 1							 DB2_FIELD_TYPE(3)

db2_field_type - Returns the data type of the indicated column in a result set

SYNOPSIS
string db2_field_type (resource $stmt, mixed $column) DESCRIPTION
Returns the data type of the indicated column in a result set. PARAMETERS
o $stmt - Specifies a statement resource containing a result set. o $column - Specifies the column in the result set. This can either be an integer representing the 0-indexed position of the column, or a string containing the name of the column. RETURN VALUES
Returns a string containing the defined data type of the specified column. If the specified column does not exist in the result set, db2_field_type(3) returns FALSE. SEE ALSO
db2_field_display_size(3), db2_field_name(3), db2_field_num(3), db2_field_precision(3), db2_field_scale(3), db2_field_width(3). PHP Documentation Group DB2_FIELD_TYPE(3)