Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to arrange xml tags in single row using shell script? Post 302657709 by sene_geet on Tuesday 19th of June 2012 12:59:13 AM
Old 06-19-2012
Thanks

Last edited by sene_geet; 06-19-2012 at 03:30 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arrange values of a column in row

HI, I need to arrange values of a colum in row. e.g. input file : Alpha<>123 AAAA<>6754 Beta<>456 BBBB<>63784 CCC<>783 Gama<>789 Alpha<>555 AAAA<>6754 BBBB<>63784 Beta<>666 CCC<>783 Gama<>888 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: The_Archer
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing number between xml tags with ksh shell script

Hallo, im basically a complete noob on shell scripting and im trying to replace or rather add 1 to a number between xml tags. The xml basically has a tag somewhere that looks like this: <tag>12345678901234</tag> Now i want to replace the number between the tags. And i want the file to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Demoric
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to arrange xml tags in single row using shell script?

I want to put one xml record in one row and so on... sample two records are here. <?xml version="1.0"?> <Object> <Header> <XCOMVers>V1.0</XCOMVers> <REPORT>XXXXX</REPORT> <CODE>002</CODE> </Header> <IssueCard> <Record> <L>CAR SYSTEM -SSSSS -</L> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sene_geet
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to extract data in repeating tags from xml

Hi, I am new to shell scripting. I need to extract data between repeating tags from an xml file and store the data in an array to process it further. <ns1:root xmlns:ns1="http://example.com/config"> <ns1:interface>in1</ns1:interface> <ns1:operation attribute1="true" attribute2="abd"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sailendra
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Command to compare two xml lines while ignoring xml tags

I've got two different files and want to compare them. File 1 : HTML Code: <response ticketId="944" type="getQueryResults"><status>COMPLETE</status><description>Query results fetched successfully</description><recordSet totalCount="1" type="sms_records"><record... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shaishav Shah
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting - need to arrange the columns from multiple file into a single file

Hi friends please help me on below, i have 5 files like below file1 is x 10 y 20 z 15 file2 is x 100 z 245 file3 is y 78 z 23 file4 is x 100 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva kumar
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shell Script to read XML tags and the data within that tag

Hi unix Gurus, I am really new to Unix Scripting. Please help me to create a shell script which reads the xml file and from that i need to fetch a particular information. For example <SOURCE BUSINESSNAME ="" DATABASETYPE ="Teradata" DBDNAME ="DWPROD3" DESCRIPTION ="" NAME... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmilePlease
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need row number with Xml tags value

Hi, Need help. My source file contain data like: 1 <?xml version="1.0"?> <Status>EGZAAE09</Status><Perform>002</Perform><DATE>2013-05-27</DATE> 1 <?xml version="1.0"?> <Status>ECBAE09</Status><Perform>002</Perform><DATE>2013-05-27</DATE> 2 <?xml version="1.0"?>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sene_geet
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting error while including values in xml tags using shell script

Hi All, Please find the code below where I want to add the variable value in between the XML tags. I am taking one string and my goal is to put them between the xml tags. Ex : in between <name> , <lname> Kindly suggest a correction because while executing this script I am getting and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajneesh4U
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read xml tags and then remove the tag using shell script

<Start> <Header> This is header section </Header> <Body> <Body_start> This is body section <a> <b> <c> <st>111</st> </c> <d> <st>blank</st> </d> </b> </a> </Body_start> <Body_section> This is body section (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RJG
3 Replies
DBASE_REPLACE_RECORD(3) 						 1						   DBASE_REPLACE_RECORD(3)

dbase_replace_record - Replaces a record in a database

SYNOPSIS
bool dbase_replace_record (int $dbase_identifier, array $record, int $record_number) DESCRIPTION
Replaces the given record in the database with the given data. PARAMETERS
o $dbase_identifier - The database link identifier, returned by dbase_open(3) or dbase_create(3). o $record - An indexed array of data. The number of items must be equal to the number of fields in the database, otherwise dbase_replace_record(3) will fail. Note If you're using dbase_get_record(3) return value for this parameter, remember to reset the key named deleted. o $record_number - An integer which spans from 1 to the number of records in the database (as returned by dbase_numrecords(3)). RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Updating a record in the database <?php // open in read-write mode $db = dbase_open('/tmp/test.dbf', 2); if ($db) { // gets the old row $row = dbase_get_record_with_names($db, 1); // remove the 'deleted' entry unset($row['deleted']); // Update the date field with the current timestamp $row['date'] = date('Ymd'); // Replace the record dbase_replace_record($db, $row, 1); dbase_close($db); } ?> SEE ALSO
dbase_add_record(3), dbase_delete_record(3). PHP Documentation Group DBASE_REPLACE_RECORD(3)