Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find all the files under a specific directory and zip them into a single file. Post 302657705 by rudoraj on Monday 18th of June 2012 09:10:42 AM
Old 06-18-2012
Find all the files under a specific directory and zip them into a single file.

Hi,

Is there a way to find all the files from a specific location and then zip them into a single file, even if they are in multiple directories?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is extracting specific files from a zip file possible?

If a zip file contains several zip files, but if the file names of the files needed are known, is there a variation of the unzip command that will allow those few (individual) files to be extracted? --- Example: Zip file name: zip.zip unzip -l zip.zip will display file01, file02, file03, etc.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HLee1981
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the size of a single specific file

As I'm a newbie to UNIX, very newbie in fact, could anyone humour me and tell me how I'd find just the file size in bytes for a specific file? Or at least just the specific line from the ls -a for the file - call it file1 I know this sounds bad but I don't seem to be getting very far at this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nortypig
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a specific files in a many directory

Dear All, Appreciate some help here. I have a log of report. It located in several directory as below: Directory: mysscpr1 mysscpr2 mysscpr3 my_scnpr4 In the directory it contain hundred of files. i need to find a specific files that contain 'invc2345' in the directory. How... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: selamba_warrior
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find first files in a directory and combine them as a single file?

i have below list of files in a directory. /root/admin/files/file1.txt /root/admin/files/file2.txt /root/admin/files/file3.txt /root/admin/files/pattern.txt /root/admin/files/server.txt i need combine the above text files in the below sequence, file1.txt, pattern.txt,server.txt =>... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find file and zip without including directory path

Does anyone know of a way to zip the resulting file from a find command? My approach below finds the file and zips the entire directory path, which is not what I need. After scanning the web, it seems to be much easier to perform gzip, but unfortunately the approach must use zip. find `$DIR`... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: koeji
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Uncompressing .zip file specific directory Fedora 14

Hello, I have Fedora 14 installed on my machine I have a .zip file ( some latex package) which I want to unzip to some location in the Latex paths /usr/share.../texmf/.. so I went to super user mode, created the directory for this package over there, mkdir logo and tried... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajayram
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find Large Files Recursively From Specific Directory

Hi. I found many scripts in the web of achieving this. But I like to use this one find /EDWH-DMT03 -xdev -size +10000 -exec ls -la {} \;|sort -n -k 5 > LARGE.rst But the problem is, why it still list out files with 89 bytes as the output? Is there anything wrong with the command? My... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aimy
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to zip csv files having specific pattern in a directory using UNIX shell script?

I have files in a Linux directory . Some of the file is listed below -rw-rw-r--. 1 roots roots 0 Dec 23 02:17 zzz_123_00000_A_1.csv -rw-rw-r--. 1 roots roots 0 Dec 23 02:18 zzz_121_00000_A_2.csv -rw-rw-r--. 1 roots roots 0 Dec 23 02:18 zzz_124_00000_A_3.csv drwxrwxr-x. 2 roots roots 6 Dec 23... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balraj
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How can we Zip multiple files created on the same date into one single zip file.?

Hi all i am very new to shell scripting and need some help from you to learn 1)i have some log files that gets generated on daily basis example: i have abc_2017_01_30_1.log ,2017_01_30_2.log like wise so i want to zip this 4 logs which are created on same date into one zip folder. 2)Post zipping... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: b.saipriyanka
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can we Zip multiple files created on the same date into one single zip file.?

Hi all i am very new to shell scripting and need some help from you to learn 1)i have some log files that gets generated on daily basis example: i have abc_2017_01_30_1.log ,2017_01_30_2.log like wise so i want to zip this 4 logs which are created on same date into one zip folder. 2)Post zipping... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: b.saipriyanka
1 Replies
ZIP_SET_DEFAULT_PASSWORD(3)				     Library Functions Manual				       ZIP_SET_DEFAULT_PASSWORD(3)

NAME
zip_set_default_password - set default password for encrypted files in zip LIBRARY
libzip (-lzip) SYNOPSIS
#include <zip.h> int zip_set_default_password(struct zip *archive, const char *password); DESCRIPTION
The zip_set_default_password function sets the default password used when accessing encrypted files. If password is NULL, the default password is unset. If you prefer a different password for single files, use zip_fopen_encrypted(3) instead of zip_fopen(3). Usually, however, the same pass- word is used for every file in an zip archive. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion 0 is returned. Otherwise, -1 is returned and the error information in archive is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
zip_set_default_password fails if: [ZIP_ER_MEMORY] Required memory could not be allocated. SEE ALSO
libzip(3), zip_fopen(3), zip_fopen_encrypted(3) AUTHORS
Dieter Baron <dillo@giga.or.at> and Thomas Klausner <tk@giga.or.at> NiH January 3, 2011 ZIP_SET_DEFAULT_PASSWORD(3)