Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting When i am trying to execute export command within a shell script it is saying command not found. Post 302657507 by dchoudhury on Monday 18th of June 2012 01:13:18 AM
Old 06-18-2012
@clx

i used:
Code:
"cleartool setview -exec "cmds to execute" <dynamic view_name> ".

This command used to execute some commands within a view after setting the dynamic view. The above command will first set the view and then it will executes the commands provided.

So i tried to execute export command here, to override the default value, which is failing.

---------- Post updated at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:40 AM ----------

@methyl

Code:
"cleartool setview -exec "cmds to execute" viewname"

is clearcase command used inside a clearcase view to execute the cmds within a view after setting it.

/usr/atria/bin/cleartool is the path of the clearcase installed in the system.

thanks

Last edited by methyl; 06-22-2012 at 08:39 PM.. Reason: Highlight code with code tags. Not sure about the quotes in this context.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to execute user command

I don't know why the following shell script doesn't work. Could you please help me out? #!/usr/bin/ksh test="cal > /tmp/tmp.txt 2>&1" $test I know it will work for the following format: #!/usr/bin/ksh cal > /tmp/tmp.txt 2>&1 However, I need to get the command from the user in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: redtiger
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ExporT Command Not found

Hi All I am getting and error export command not found What can be the possible reasons for this and how do we verify those Please help me Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: networking
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

write a shell script to execute a command

Hello all, I have just started doing shell scripting. I want to read a file which stores the status of my job I have submitted on a cluster. The file looks something like this : ========================FILE============================= crab: Checking the status of all jobs: please wait... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: learn_linux
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute a shell script after a particular command is run

Hi, I need to run a script whenever the Cron file is modified. The requirement is whenever a user modifies the cron file, the script should run automatically. Can you please provide your inputs ? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: harneet2004us
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

rm:command not found in linux Bash shell script

Hi All, Linux lxs3er06 2.6.9-67.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed Nov 7 13:58:04 EST 2007 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux Issue: While executing shell scripts in bash shell, following error messages are thrown: rm:command not found On doing little investigation, I added '/bin' to $PATH and on doing echo... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command not found in shell script - stumped for 4 days

Hello, I like to begin with :wall:.. literally... It has been 4 days and I have no idea how to fix it. Environment - AIX 5.3 I wrote a script to call on ssh to log into another box via PKA to do something else. If I run the script on the terminal, it works 100%. If the SAP customised... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: plonkagain
11 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ssh command to execute shell script in another server

ssh -q <hostname> /opt/tcs/satish/tst.ksh ssh -q <anotherserver> /opt/tcs/satish/tst.ksh tst.ksh has "nohup <command> & " when i execute below script , its throwing error as nohup can not be found ssh -q <anotherserver> /opt/tcs/satish/tst.ksh > log & can someone let me... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: only4satish
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to execute command after telneting in shell script?

Hi , I have to write a shell script to telnet to specific host and execute the admin command there. Please help me to do that. Eg : telnet hostname portno admin command exit (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arukuku
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to execute Oracle relocation command in shell script

Hello, I need to execute below command in shell script srvctl relocate service -d $database -s $service -i $avail -t $pref -f and also need to get the errors ,if any,in another file. What's the right way to execute such commands in shell script? Best regards, Vishal (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute application command in shell script?

friends, i have application commands to execute in shell script it is something like this. i will login with user data it takes me to $ prompt. Example given below login: data ps : xxxx $ MNSinput --this takes me to greater than prompt > > ops --this is command i enter this output... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: udaykrishna
7 Replies
CREATE 
VIEW(7) SQL Commands CREATE VIEW(7) NAME
CREATE VIEW - define a new view SYNOPSIS
CREATE [ OR REPLACE ] VIEW view [ ( column name list ) ] AS SELECT query INPUTS view The name (optionally schema-qualified) of a view to be created. column name list An optional list of names to be used for columns of the view. If given, these names override the column names that would be deduced from the SQL query. query An SQL query (that is, a SELECT statement) which will provide the columns and rows of the view. Refer to SELECT [select(7)] for more information about valid arguments. OUTPUTS CREATE VIEW The message returned if the view is successfully created. ERROR: Relation 'view' already exists This error occurs if the view specified already exists in the database. WARNING: Attribute 'column' has an unknown type The view will be created having a column with an unknown type if you do not specify it. For example, the following command gives a warning: CREATE VIEW vista AS SELECT 'Hello World' whereas this command does not: CREATE VIEW vista AS SELECT text 'Hello World' DESCRIPTION
CREATE VIEW defines a view of a query. The view is not physically materialized. Instead, a query rewrite rule (an ON SELECT rule) is auto- matically generated to support SELECT operations on views. CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW is similar, but if a view of the same name already exists, it is replaced. You can only replace a view with a new query that generates the identical set of columns (i.e., same column names and data types). If a schema name is given (for example, CREATE VIEW myschema.myview ...) then the view is created in the specified schema. Otherwise it is created in the current schema (the one at the front of the search path; see CURRENT_SCHEMA()). The view name must be distinct from the name of any other view, table, sequence, or index in the same schema. NOTES Currently, views are read only: the system will not allow an insert, update, or delete on a view. You can get the effect of an updatable view by creating rules that rewrite inserts, etc. on the view into appropriate actions on other tables. For more information see CREATE RULE [create_rule(7)]. Use the DROP VIEW statement to drop views. USAGE
Create a view consisting of all Comedy films: CREATE VIEW kinds AS SELECT * FROM films WHERE kind = 'Comedy'; SELECT * FROM kinds; code | title | did | date_prod | kind | len -------+---------------------------+-----+------------+--------+------- UA502 | Bananas | 105 | 1971-07-13 | Comedy | 01:22 C_701 | There's a Girl in my Soup | 107 | 1970-06-11 | Comedy | 01:36 (2 rows) COMPATIBILITY
SQL92 SQL92 specifies some additional capabilities for the CREATE VIEW statement: CREATE VIEW view [ column [, ...] ] AS SELECT expression [ AS colname ] [, ...] FROM table [ WHERE condition ] [ WITH [ CASCADE | LOCAL ] CHECK OPTION ] The optional clauses for the full SQL92 command are: CHECK OPTION This option is to do with updatable views. All INSERT and UPDATE commands on the view will be checked to ensure data satisfy the view-defining condition. If they do not, the update will be rejected. LOCAL Check for integrity on this view. CASCADE Check for integrity on this view and on any dependent view. CASCADE is assumed if neither CASCADE nor LOCAL is specified. CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW is a PostgreSQL language extension. SQL - Language Statements 2002-11-22 CREATE VIEW(7)