Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: RHEL 6.0 net configuration
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat RHEL 6.0 net configuration Post 302657441 by dillipkmrpadhy on Sunday 17th of June 2012 05:20:11 PM
Old 06-17-2012
RHEL 6.0 net configuration

hello,

I have installed RHEL 6.0 on my lappy in a separate partion with windows 7 on the hardware(not using VMWARE).Now kindly help me to active network configuration in that?????Is it require to have LINUX wireless drivers????

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

NTP Configuration on RHEL 5.4

Hi, I'm trying to configure NTP client, however it failes to sync correctly. Even after I manually set the time, once it connects with the NTP server, it pushes the time ahead by 4 hours. We have set an AIX host as NTP server. It works fine for other AIX hosts, however fails on RHEL 5.4 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: max_min
4 Replies

2. Red Hat

Does RHEL 5 provide a command to collect RHEL system log in single compress file?

Hi, I heard a command that can collect all RHEL 5 log in a single compress file before I forget. Does any body know...What the command is ? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnnnnnine
4 Replies

3. Red Hat

RIP configuration in RHEL 6.3

Hi, Can someone please help me configuring RIP (Routing Information Protocol v2 ). I have tried few manuals and posts from networking sites and i didnt get a clear picture. This is what i have done: 1. Installed routed package and started routed service. however, Dynamic routes are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: reddybs
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Error throwing while installing vsftpd package in rhel 6. using rhel 6 dvd.

Hi all, Im studying rhcsa as of now, so yum installation and dependencies are messing me to not workit out. i have dual os, win 7 & rhel 6. i have tried this installation of vsftpd package with rhel 6 dvd in VM rhel 6 in win 7 as well as host rhel 6.still the same issue. below error... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: redhatlbug
6 Replies

5. Red Hat

Need Good Configuration For RHEL Virtualization Desktop

Hi All , I want a Good Specification For Building a Coustum PC must Have With Intel Motherboard and Intel Processor , And Must Have Virtualization , Cos im Gonna Install Redhat Enterprise Virtualization Based PC and Gonna install win Xp , Win 7 as a Guest Os in it .. Any one Have Good Spec for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: babinlonston
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

How to configure DNS configuration for RHEL 5?

I wanted to know how to configure DNS configuration for RHEL 5. I hope, my query is clear of how to setup DNS for RHEL 5. Please revert with the reply to my query Regards (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
6 Replies

7. Red Hat

RHEL 6, Spacewalk 2.3 unable to download RHEL 5 repo data

Hello all, I am having a bit of an issue on my Spacewalk installation. Some amplifying information is that it is Spacewalk 2.3 installed on a RHEL 6 machine and I am attempting to install/update a RHEL 5 channel/repository. I am fairly new to Spacewalk so I am still learning but this is what I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jstone4646
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Windows->RHEL->RHEL X11 Forwarding?

I know this question might have been asked a lot but couldn't find anything that worked. From a windows machine 'A' I can only SSH into Linux server 'B' from where I can SSH into another Linux server 'C'. I need to be able to run GUI interfaces on server C which run on my Windows machine. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hr.prasan
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Snmptrapd configuration on rhel 8

I need to configure snmptrap on rhel 8 server and send trap to nimsoft for file system , memory and cpu load and network diconnection status. please help me, if any one configured. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yash_message
1 Replies
WIRELESS(7)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						       WIRELESS(7)

NAME
wireless - Wireless Tools and Wireless Extensions SYNOPSIS
iwconfig iwpriv -a DESCRIPTION
The Wireless Extensions is an API allowing you manipulate Wireless LAN networking interfaces. It is composed of a variety of tools and configuration files. It is documented in more detail in the Linux Wireless LAN Howto. The Wireless Tools are used to change the configuration of wireless LAN networking interfaces on the fly, to get their current configura- tion, to get statistics and diagnose them. They are described in their own man page, see below for references. Wireless configuration is specific to each Linux distribution. This man page will contain in the future the configuration procedure for a few common distributions. For the time being, check the file DISTRIBUTIONS.txt included with the Wireless Tools package. DEBIAN 3.0 In Debian 3.0 (and later) you can configure wireless LAN networking devices using the network configuration tool ifupdown(8). File : /etc/network/interfaces Form : wireless-<function> <value> wireless-essid Home wireless-mode Ad-Hoc See also : /etc/network/if-pre-up.d/wireless-tools /usr/share/doc/wireless-tools/README.Debian SuSE 8.0 SuSE 8.0 (and later) has integrated wireless configuration in their network scripts. Tool : Yast2 File : /etc/sysconfig/network/wireless /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-* Form : WIRELESS_<function>=<value> WIRELESS_ESSID="Home" WIRELESS_MODE=Ad-Hoc See also : man ifup info scpm ORIGINAL PCMCIA SCRIPTS
If you are using the original configuration scripts from the Pcmcia package, you can use this method. File : /etc/pcmcia/wireless.opts Form : *,*,*,*) ESSID="Home" MODE="Ad-Hoc" ;; See also : /etc/pcmcia/wireless File PCMCIA.txt part of Wireless Tools package AUTHOR
Jean Tourrilhes - jt@hpl.hp.com http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_Tourrilhes/Linux/ SEE ALSO
iwconfig(8), iwlist(8), iwspy(8), iwpriv(8), iwevent(8). wireless-tools 4 March 2004 WIRELESS(7)