Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Delete a record in a xml file using shell scripting Post 302657189 by pludi on Saturday 16th of June 2012 05:09:47 PM
Old 06-16-2012
First of all, what have you tried, and where are you stuck?
Second, that's XML, so it's probably not guaranteed to have the tag containing isup at the same line position every time, so a simple "remove 3 lines before, and 8 lines after" might not yield the desired result every time.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for searching a record,copy to a file and then delete it

Hi, I have a requirement in hand: I have a file with millions of records say file 1.I have another file, say file 2 which has 2000 records in it. The requirement is to read file2 , and remove the read record from file 1 and move i to a seperate file, file 3. For eg: Read file 2, get the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumara2010
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML to Text file Parsing Using shell scripting

Hi folks, Need some help with XML to text file parsing , the following is the content of the XML File. <xn:SubNetwork id="SNJNPRZDCR0R03"> <xn:MeContext id="PRSJU0005"> <xn:VsDataContainer id="PRSJU0005"> <xn:attributes> ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tech_frk
6 Replies

3. Solaris

XML to Text file Parsing Using shell scripting

Hi, I want to parse an XML File using Shell Script preferably by using awk command, I/P file is : <gn:ExternalGsmCell id="016P3A"> <gn:attributes> <gn:mnc>410</gn:mnc> <gn:mcc>310</gn:mcc> <gn:lac>8016</gn:lac> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tech_frk
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add trailer record at the end of the flat file in the unix ksh shell scripting?

Hi, How to add trailer record at the end of the flat file in the unix ksh shell scripting can you please let me know the procedure Regards Srikanth (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanth_sagi
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract data from xml file using shell scripting?

Hi evry1, This is my 1st post in this forum.Pls help me I want to extract some data froma xml file which has 2000 lines using shell scripting. Actually my xml file has some "audio and video codes" which i need to arrange in a column wise format after extracting it using shell scripting.I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun_kohan
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract data from XML file using shell scripting?

Hi , I have input file as XML. following are input data #complex.xml Code: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><TEST_doc xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <ENTRY uid="123456"> <protein> <name>PROT001</name> <organism>Human</organism> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arun_kohan
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract timestamp from first record in xml file and it checks if not it will replace first record

I have test.xml <emp><id>101</id><name>AAA</name><date>06/06/14 1811</date></emp> <Join><id>101</id><city>london</city><date>06/06/14 2011</date></join> <Join><id>101</id><city>new york</city><date>06/06/14 1811</date></join> <Join><id>101</id><city>sydney</city><date>06/06/14... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsraju
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can i populate the record in to table using shell scripting?

LOG_DIR=/app/rpx/jobs/scripts/just/logs sendEmail() { pzCType="$1"; pzTitle="$2"; pzMsg="$3"; pzFrom="$4"; pzTo="$5"; pzFiles="$6"; pzReplyTo="$7" ( echo "From: $pzFrom\nTo: $pzTo\nSubject: $pzTitle${pzReplyTo:+\nReply-To: $pzReplyTo}" ] && echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankit.mca.aaidu
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need code for updating second record to first record in shell scripting

Hi,, I have requirement that i need to get DISTINCT values from a table and if there are two records i need to update it to one record and then need to submit INSERT statements by using the updated value as a parameter. Here is the example follows.. SELECT DISTINCT ID FROM OFFER_GROUP WHERE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Samah
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all CONSECUTIVE text lines from file shell scripting

Hi I have a text file like below. THe content of the text will vary. Entire text file have four consecutive lines followed with blank line. I want to delete the occurrence of the two consicutive lines in the text file. I don't have pattern to match and delete. Just i need to delete all... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RJSKR28
5 Replies
GLLINESTIPPLE(3G)														 GLLINESTIPPLE(3G)

NAME
glLineStipple - specify the line stipple pattern C SPECIFICATION
void glLineStipple( GLint factor, GLushort pattern ) PARAMETERS
factor Specifies a multiplier for each bit in the line stipple pattern. If factor is 3, for example, each bit in the pattern is used three times before the next bit in the pattern is used. factor is clamped to the range [1, 256] and defaults to 1. pattern Specifies a 16-bit integer whose bit pattern determines which fragments of a line will be drawn when the line is rasterized. Bit zero is used first; the default pattern is all 1's. DESCRIPTION
Line stippling masks out certain fragments produced by rasterization; those fragments will not be drawn. The masking is achieved by using three parameters: the 16-bit line stipple pattern pattern, the repeat count factor, and an integer stipple counter s. Counter s is reset to 0 whenever glBegin is called, and before each line segment of a glBegin(GL_LINES)/glEnd sequence is generated. It is incremented after each fragment of a unit width aliased line segment is generated, or after each i fragments of an i width line segment are generated. The i fragments associated with count s are masked out if pattern bit (s/factor)mod16 is 0, otherwise these fragments are sent to the frame buffer. Bit zero of pattern is the least significant bit. Antialiased lines are treated as a sequence of 1xwidth rectangles for purposes of stippling. Whether rectagle s is rasterized or not depends on the fragment rule described for aliased lines, counting rectangles rather than groups of fragments. To enable and disable line stippling, call glEnable and glDisable with argument GL_LINE_STIPPLE. When enabled, the line stipple pattern is applied as described above. When disabled, it is as if the pattern were all 1's. Initially, line stippling is disabled. ERRORS
GL_INVALID_OPERATION is generated if glLineStipple is executed between the execution of glBegin and the corresponding execution of glEnd. ASSOCIATED GETS
glGet with argument GL_LINE_STIPPLE_PATTERN glGet with argument GL_LINE_STIPPLE_REPEAT glIsEnabled with argument GL_LINE_STIPPLE SEE ALSO
glLineWidth(3G), glPolygonStipple(3G) GLLINESTIPPLE(3G)