Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Getting data from ZFS.
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Getting data from ZFS. Post 302657137 by achenle on Saturday 16th of June 2012 11:55:58 AM
Old 06-16-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by gull04
Hi,

Probably better to use the zfs send and recieve for this as follows;

Code:
zfs snapshot $DEVICE@now
zfs send $DEVICE@now | zfs receive -Fu new/device

This is probably a better way of doing it, if it's to an other system then you can use the following format;

Code:
zfs send nemop-prd/nemop_oradata@130911 | ssh su10sb000 zfs recv nemop_uat/nemop_oradata

Regards

Dave Munro
If you get an SSH escape sequence in your data, the send will be corrupted. You need to disable ssh escape characters:

Code:
zfs send nemop-prd/nemop_oradata@130911 | ssh -e none su10sb000 zfs recv nemop_uat/nemop_oradata

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Can ZFS Save my Data

Hello, Our RAID and server recently crashed and we are trying to recover our data. The problem appears to be that the Veritas File System/Logical Volume Manger became corrupt on our RAID. We are down to our last option, which is to run some Veritas commands that "may" result in data loss. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stringman
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Copy data from zfs datasets

I 've few data sets in my zfs pool which has been exported to the non global zones and i want to copy data on those datasets/file systems to my datasets in new pool mounted on global zone, how can i do that ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data based on match against one column data from a long list data

My input file: data_5 Ali 422 2.00E-45 102/253 140/253 24 data_3 Abu 202 60.00E-45 12/23 140/23 28 data_1 Ahmad 256 7.00E-45 120/235 140/235 22 data_4 Aman 365 8.00E-45 15/65 140/65 20 data_10 Jones 869 9.00E-45 65/253 140/253 18... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
12 Replies

4. Solaris

Are you using ZFS ?

With Solaris 11 coming out with a requirement of ZFS on the root disk, I was curious to know who is using the Zeta File System now? I have been using ZFS for the past year and don't plan to go back to UFS since ZFS is much more reliable and easier to maintain. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
13 Replies

5. Solaris

ZFS

what are all the advantages of ZFS comparing to UFS SVM what is the use of creating file system in a file system in ZFS (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinu
15 Replies

6. Solaris

ZFS

Hi, I need some advice please. I have this server with a couple of zpools, lets call them pay_serv ukb_pool There are two zones attached to these pools. When I do a zfs list I see this pay_serv 8.41G 265G 8.41G /pay_serv ukb_pool 79.8G 194G 23K /ukb_pool ukb_pool/temp_ps 9.11G... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: giles.cardew
4 Replies

7. Solaris

ZFS CRYPT

Hi! I'm a new user... I'm looking for some informations about the ZDF file sytem... In my ubuntu box i have installed cryptkeeper, and i want to know if in Solaris 11 Express can find something similar... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Solarisutente
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Zfs send & receive with encryption - how to retrieve data?

Good morning everyone, I'm looking for some help to retrieve data in a scenario where I might have made a big mistake. I'm hoping to understand what I did wrong. My system is made of two Solaris 11 Express servers (old free version for evaluation). The first if for data and the second is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rnd
7 Replies
AMZFS-SNAPSHOT(8)					  System Administration Commands					 AMZFS-SNAPSHOT(8)

NAME
amzfs-snapshot - Amanda script to create zfs snapshot DESCRIPTION
amzfs-snapshot is an Amanda script implementing the Script API. It should not be run by users directly. It create a zfs snapshot of the filesystem where the path specified is mounted. PRE-DLE-* create a snapshot and the POST-DLE-* destroy the snapshot, *-DLE-AMCHECK, *-DLE-ESTIMATE and *-DLE-BACKUP must be set to be executed on the client: execute-on pre-dle-amcheck, post-dle-amcheck, pre-dle-estimate, post-dle-estimate, pre-dle-backup, post-dle-backup execute-where client The PRE_DLE_* script output a DIRECTORY property telling where the directory is located in the snapshot. The application must be able to use the DIRECTORY property, amgtar can do it. The script is run as the amanda user, it must have the priviledge to create and destroy snapshot: zfs allow -ldu AMANDA_USER mount,snapshot,destroy FILESYSTEM Some system doesn't have "zfs allow", but you can give the Amanda backup user the rights to manipulate ZFS filesystems by using the following command: usermod -P "ZFS File System Management,ZFS Storage Management" AMANDA_USER This will require that your run zfs under pfexec, set the PFEXEC property to YES. The format of the DLE must be one of: Desciption Example ---------- ------- Mountpoint /data Arbitrary mounted dir /data/interesting_dir ZFS pool name datapool ZFS filesystem datapool/database ZFS logical volume datapool/dbvol The filesystem must be mounted. PROPERTIES
This section lists the properties that control amzfs-snapshot's functionality. See amanda-scripts(7) for information on the Script API, script configuration. DF-PATH Path to the 'df' binary, search in $PATH by default. ZFS-PATH Path to the 'zfs' binary, search in $PATH by default. PFEXEC-PATH Path to the 'pfexec' binary, search in $PATH by default. PFEXEC If "NO" (the default), pfexec is not used, if set to "YES" then pfexec is used. EXAMPLE
In this example, a dumptype is defined to use amzfs-snapshot script to create a snapshot and use amgtar to backup the snapshot. define script-tool amzfs_snapshot { comment "backup of zfs snapshot" plugin "amzfs-snapshot" execute-on pre-dle-amcheck, post-dle-amcheck, pre-dle-estimate, post-dle-estimate, pre-dle-backup, post-dle-backup execute-where client #property "DF-PATH" "/usr/sbin/df" #property "ZFS-PATH" "/usr/sbin/zfs" #property "PFEXEC-PATH" "/usr/sbin/pfexec" #property "PFEXEC" "NO" } define dumptype user-zfs-amgtar { dt_amgtar script "amzfs_snapshot" } SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amanda.conf(5), amanda-client.conf(5), amanda-scripts(7) The Amanda Wiki: : http://wiki.zmanda.com/ AUTHORS
Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Dustin J. Mitchell <dustin@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Amanda 3.3.1 02/21/2012 AMZFS-SNAPSHOT(8)