Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ifconfig ge0 plumb
Operating Systems Solaris ifconfig ge0 plumb Post 302656917 by pxb368@motorola on Friday 15th of June 2012 03:21:59 PM
Old 06-15-2012
Code:
# prtdiag -v; echo $?
System Configuration:  Sun Microsystems  sun4u Sun Fire 880
System clock frequency: 150 MHz
Memory size: 32768 Megabytes

========================= CPUs =========================

Run   Ecache   CPU    CPU
Brd  CPU   Module   MHz     MB    Impl.   Mask
---  ---  -------  -----  ------  ------  ----
 0     0     0      900     8.0   US-III+   2.3
 0     1     1      900     8.0   US-III+   2.3
 0     2     2      900     8.0   US-III+   2.3
 0     3     3      900     8.0   US-III+   2.3
 0     4     4      900     8.0   US-III+   2.3
 0     5     5      900     8.0   US-III+   2.3
 0     6     6      900     8.0   US-III+   2.3
 0     7     7      900     8.0   US-III+   2.3

========================= IO Cards =========================

#

I'm not using zones in Solaris.

Last edited by pxb368@motorola; 06-15-2012 at 04:45 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ifconfig

I am trying to change an IP address on a machine running HPUX10 After I change it I can ping it from the outside but it completely locks the console. After a reboot it returns back to its previous IP. Any ideas?? Thanks Brian (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: breigner
7 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

ifconfig

Hi, I type (as root) "ifconfig en1 ether aa:aa: " but it doesnt change the mac of my airport. Can anyone help me? Thx. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jariya
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Before plumb the network interface.....

I know that I could use the #ifconfig hme0 plumb to activate the network interface. However, how can I know the name of the interface e.g. hme0 before I could use the ifconfig to plumb it up? I know there is a command (but I forgot it) to use in the Sparc version when you are in the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: heero
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ifconfig!!!!

why the ifconfig command is not working in my machine? it says "-bash: ifconfig: command not found" why its says that? actually i m looking for "how can I know the Network Interface Card physical address?" Requesting u all for help. thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: moco
3 Replies

5. IP Networking

/etc/hosts changes when ifconfig......

Hello everyone. Im using last redhat enterprise edition and in my working environment, i'm always reconfiguring both interfaces , eth0 and eth1, everytime i change any interface, (i use ifconfig to change ip, and after i execute "/etc/init.d/network restart") my "/etc/hosts" file... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: trutoman
9 Replies

6. Solaris

cannot plumb nxge on T5240

its a fresh installation. during the OS setup, it did not prompt for IP, netmask and gateway. using Solaris 10 08/07 update 4. I tried to plumb manually but encountered no such interface error. but nxge interfaces can be greped from the /etc/path_to_inst file. getting similar error on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: incredible
3 Replies

7. Linux

ifconfig - information

Hi All, I need some info on ifconfig. ifconfig is available in Linux and Solaris. However the options available in Solaris is not there in Linux. 1. ifconfig -a == output is different in both OS. I am somewhat able to compare the output. But one thing I am not getting is after the flags... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahamed101
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

not able to run ifconfig

Unable to run the ifconfig in my home dir.. I did add adding /sbin and /usr/sbin in th PATH But still unable to get that .. Am using red hat linux cat /etc/redhat-release Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.3 (Tikanga) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Ifconfig command ?

What would be the command to remove the IP address from an interface? I want to remove the ip from this interface: ce3: flags=1000803<UP,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 5 inet 155.216.13.74 netmask fffffff0 broadcast 155.216.13.79 ether 0:3:ba:da:a6:96 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kjons76
3 Replies

10. Solaris

ifconfig hme0 plumb not working

Hiii folks,, I am unable to configure NIC using hme0 command. I am getting an error message as "hme0: File or directory not found.." can someone help me... Bhagi... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhargav90
9 Replies
VX(4)							 BSD/i386 Kernel Interfaces Manual						     VX(4)

NAME
vx -- 3Com EtherLink III / Fast EtherLink III (3c59x) Ethernet driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following line in your kernel configuration file: device vx Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): if_vx_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The vx driver provides support for the 3Com ``Vortex'' chipset. The medium selection can be influenced by the following link flags to the ifconfig(8) command: link0 Use the AUI port. link1 Use the BNC port. link2 Use the UTP port. HARDWARE
The vx driver supports the following cards: o 3Com 3c590 EtherLink III PCI o 3Com 3c592 EtherLink III EISA o 3Com 3c595 Fast EtherLink III PCI in 10 Mbps mode o 3Com 3c597 Fast EtherLink III EISA in 10 Mbps mode DIAGNOSTICS
vx%d: not configured; kernel is built for only %d devices. There are not enough devices in the kernel configuration file for the number of adapters present in the system. Add devices to the configuration file, rebuild the kernel, and reboot. All other diagnostics indicate either a hardware problem or a bug in the driver. CAVEATS
Some early-revision 3c590 cards are defective and suffer from many receive overruns, which cause lost packets. The author has attempted to implement a test for it based on the information supplied by 3Com, but the test resulted mostly in spurious warnings. The performance of this driver is somewhat limited by the fact that it uses only polled-mode I/O and does not make use of the bus-mastering capability of the cards. SEE ALSO
arp(4), netintro(4), ng_ether(4), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The vx device driver first appeared in FreeBSD 2.1. It was derived from the ep driver, from which it inherits most of its limitations. AUTHORS
The vx device driver and this manual page were written by Fred Gray <fgray@rice.edu>, based on the work of Herb Peyerl and with the assis- tance of numerous others. BUGS
The vx driver is known not to reset the adapter correctly following a warm boot on some systems. The vx driver has not been exhaustively tested with all the models of cards that it claims to support. BSD
July 16, 2005 BSD