Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ifconfig ge0 plumb
Operating Systems Solaris ifconfig ge0 plumb Post 302656903 by jlliagre on Friday 15th of June 2012 02:57:41 PM
Old 06-15-2012
This might be due to a non global zone configured with an exclusive IP stack.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ifconfig

I am trying to change an IP address on a machine running HPUX10 After I change it I can ping it from the outside but it completely locks the console. After a reboot it returns back to its previous IP. Any ideas?? Thanks Brian (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: breigner
7 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

ifconfig

Hi, I type (as root) "ifconfig en1 ether aa:aa: " but it doesnt change the mac of my airport. Can anyone help me? Thx. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jariya
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Before plumb the network interface.....

I know that I could use the #ifconfig hme0 plumb to activate the network interface. However, how can I know the name of the interface e.g. hme0 before I could use the ifconfig to plumb it up? I know there is a command (but I forgot it) to use in the Sparc version when you are in the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: heero
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ifconfig!!!!

why the ifconfig command is not working in my machine? it says "-bash: ifconfig: command not found" why its says that? actually i m looking for "how can I know the Network Interface Card physical address?" Requesting u all for help. thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: moco
3 Replies

5. IP Networking

/etc/hosts changes when ifconfig......

Hello everyone. Im using last redhat enterprise edition and in my working environment, i'm always reconfiguring both interfaces , eth0 and eth1, everytime i change any interface, (i use ifconfig to change ip, and after i execute "/etc/init.d/network restart") my "/etc/hosts" file... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: trutoman
9 Replies

6. Solaris

cannot plumb nxge on T5240

its a fresh installation. during the OS setup, it did not prompt for IP, netmask and gateway. using Solaris 10 08/07 update 4. I tried to plumb manually but encountered no such interface error. but nxge interfaces can be greped from the /etc/path_to_inst file. getting similar error on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: incredible
3 Replies

7. Linux

ifconfig - information

Hi All, I need some info on ifconfig. ifconfig is available in Linux and Solaris. However the options available in Solaris is not there in Linux. 1. ifconfig -a == output is different in both OS. I am somewhat able to compare the output. But one thing I am not getting is after the flags... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahamed101
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

not able to run ifconfig

Unable to run the ifconfig in my home dir.. I did add adding /sbin and /usr/sbin in th PATH But still unable to get that .. Am using red hat linux cat /etc/redhat-release Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.3 (Tikanga) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Ifconfig command ?

What would be the command to remove the IP address from an interface? I want to remove the ip from this interface: ce3: flags=1000803<UP,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 5 inet 155.216.13.74 netmask fffffff0 broadcast 155.216.13.79 ether 0:3:ba:da:a6:96 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kjons76
3 Replies

10. Solaris

ifconfig hme0 plumb not working

Hiii folks,, I am unable to configure NIC using hme0 command. I am getting an error message as "hme0: File or directory not found.." can someone help me... Bhagi... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhargav90
9 Replies
install-solaris(1M)                                                                                                            install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)