Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris sftp connection closes if idle for around 10minutes Post 302656875 by chidori on Friday 15th of June 2012 02:04:47 PM
Old 06-15-2012
well we checked and they could not find any error. Problem is the sftp connection does not close always. it happens sometime in a day , doesnt have any pattern , but happens . We got a suggestion of using tcpdump to monitor the connectivity but ours is a solaris box. so i believe we have to go with snoop.
can someone help with how to use snoop in this issue

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

multiuser chat server closes when one client closes. code included

I have been trying to write a very basic chat program but at the moment I am having problems getting it to be multiuser as it closes all connections when one client shutsdown. I have also been having problems trying to get the program to display a list of usernames to the clients. I have tried... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dooker
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SFTP Connection Closed

Hey when trying to connect to a server using a key I get sftp -o 'Port=22' -o'IdentityFile=/home/datatel/.ssh/id_dsa_xei' becker_xei@host Connecting to host... ANGEL SFTP ServerConnection closed by host Connection closed Any ideas? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ed.browne
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SSH closes connection when using arrow keys

Hi, I'm having a problem with my ssh link to various Sun servers running Solaris 9 and 10 from an Windows XP box running Cygwin/X. I am using ssh to connect to a number of different Sun servers. My problem is that when editing a remote shell command line with the arrow direction keys the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stv_t
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP connection problem

Dear All, I'm trying to configure the passwordless connection between two servers say Server A and Server B. My requirement is a passwordless connection from Server A to Server B. I have done the configuration in both the servers. In Server A its successfull but from Server B its everytime... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: panknil
7 Replies

5. SuSE

NoMachine NX window closes after establishing connection

Hi, I am trying to use nomachine nx server and client. But somehow it doen't work. What happens is the following: 1.- Client starts up 2.- Client authenticates with Server 3.- The NoMachine window appears for 2-4 seconds 4.- The NoMachine window exists Somehow a "closeEvent" is sent.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackicecube
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SFTP: Connection problem

HI, I have generated public key and placed in remote server. When I am trying to do SFTP for that remote server the below error I am getting. Please help me to resolve Connecting to hostname... Sun_SSH_1.1.4, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0x0090704f debug1: Reading configuration data... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rangarasan
4 Replies

7. IP Networking

SFTP connection using two different users

Hi All This is regarding an SFTP Password less connection. I am logged into my local Server1 using username1. The remote server i have to connect is "Remoteserver1" with the "useriD" provided. I have already exchanged the public key and they are added to the authorized keys in the remote... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparks
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

New sftp connection

Dear All , I have a openssh 4.3p2 , but i need to configure sftp for a user which is present in the server. This user has to see only the specific directory not all. I tried to do the changes in sshd_config for openssh 4.9p1 , but for openssh 4.3p2 how to do it. Any one pl help. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sftp connection with password

I am running this script to copy pattern files in local but it is asking for password even passing the hardcode value Script:- PASSWORD="xyz" sftp -oport=1002 user@host:/dir/archive/file*.txt /di/data/ << EOF $PASSWORD quit EOF Got error :- -bash-4.1$ sh sftp_with_password.sh... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: himanshupant
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Telnet connection closes before i execute GET command

I tried the below steps for telnet command from a remote server: 1. telnet myservice.com 443 2. GET / HTTP/1.0 3. Press enter key twice Please see the output below: bash-3.2$ hostname remoteserver1 bash-3.2$ telnet myservice.com 443 Trying 191.172.172.133... Connected to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
7 Replies
iopattern(1m)							   USER COMMANDS						     iopattern(1m)

NAME
iopattern - print disk I/O pattern. Uses DTrace. SYNOPSIS
iopattern [-v] [-d device] [-f filename] [-m mount_point] [interval [count]] DESCRIPTION
This prints details on the I/O access pattern for the disks, such as percentage of events that were of a random or sequential nature. By default totals for all disks are printed. An event is considered random when the heads seek. This program prints the percentage of events that are random. The size of the seek is not measured - it's either random or not. Since this uses DTrace, only users with root privileges can run this command. OPTIONS
-v print timestamp, string -d device instance name to snoop (eg, dad0) -f filename full pathname of file to snoop -m mount_point mountpoint for filesystem to snoop EXAMPLES
Default output, print I/O summary every 1 second, # iopattern Print 10 second samples, # iopattern 10 Print 12 x 5 second samples, # iopattern 5 12 Snoop events on the root filesystem only, # iopattern -m / FIELDS
%RAN percentage of events of a random nature %SEQ percentage of events of a sequential nature COUNT number of I/O events MIN minimum I/O event size MAX maximum I/O event size AVG average I/O event size KR total kilobytes read during sample KW total kilobytes written during sample DEVICE device name MOUNT mount point FILE filename (basename) for I/O operation TIME timestamp, string IDEA
Ryan Matteson DOCUMENTATION
See the DTraceToolkit for further documentation under the Docs directory. The DTraceToolkit docs may include full worked examples with ver- bose descriptions explaining the output. EXIT
iopattern will run forever until Ctrl-C is hit, or the specified count is reached. AUTHOR
Brendan Gregg [Sydney, Australia] SEE ALSO
iosnoop(1M), iotop(1M), dtrace(1M) version 0.70 Jul 25, 2005 iopattern(1m)