Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris sftp connection closes if idle for around 10minutes Post 302656869 by pxb368@motorola on Friday 15th of June 2012 01:56:42 PM
Old 06-15-2012
That look likes an error, but I'm not sure what that is.

If there is a Firewall in the middle that doesn't allow SSH session, SFTP will not work. SSH File Transfer Protocol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

SFTP uses Port 22.

-----------------------------edit

Sorry didn't see that you are using a specific port.
Anyway check with the Firewall guys, maybe they can see anything more then we could.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

multiuser chat server closes when one client closes. code included

I have been trying to write a very basic chat program but at the moment I am having problems getting it to be multiuser as it closes all connections when one client shutsdown. I have also been having problems trying to get the program to display a list of usernames to the clients. I have tried... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dooker
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SFTP Connection Closed

Hey when trying to connect to a server using a key I get sftp -o 'Port=22' -o'IdentityFile=/home/datatel/.ssh/id_dsa_xei' becker_xei@host Connecting to host... ANGEL SFTP ServerConnection closed by host Connection closed Any ideas? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ed.browne
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SSH closes connection when using arrow keys

Hi, I'm having a problem with my ssh link to various Sun servers running Solaris 9 and 10 from an Windows XP box running Cygwin/X. I am using ssh to connect to a number of different Sun servers. My problem is that when editing a remote shell command line with the arrow direction keys the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stv_t
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP connection problem

Dear All, I'm trying to configure the passwordless connection between two servers say Server A and Server B. My requirement is a passwordless connection from Server A to Server B. I have done the configuration in both the servers. In Server A its successfull but from Server B its everytime... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: panknil
7 Replies

5. SuSE

NoMachine NX window closes after establishing connection

Hi, I am trying to use nomachine nx server and client. But somehow it doen't work. What happens is the following: 1.- Client starts up 2.- Client authenticates with Server 3.- The NoMachine window appears for 2-4 seconds 4.- The NoMachine window exists Somehow a "closeEvent" is sent.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackicecube
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SFTP: Connection problem

HI, I have generated public key and placed in remote server. When I am trying to do SFTP for that remote server the below error I am getting. Please help me to resolve Connecting to hostname... Sun_SSH_1.1.4, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0x0090704f debug1: Reading configuration data... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rangarasan
4 Replies

7. IP Networking

SFTP connection using two different users

Hi All This is regarding an SFTP Password less connection. I am logged into my local Server1 using username1. The remote server i have to connect is "Remoteserver1" with the "useriD" provided. I have already exchanged the public key and they are added to the authorized keys in the remote... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparks
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

New sftp connection

Dear All , I have a openssh 4.3p2 , but i need to configure sftp for a user which is present in the server. This user has to see only the specific directory not all. I tried to do the changes in sshd_config for openssh 4.9p1 , but for openssh 4.3p2 how to do it. Any one pl help. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sftp connection with password

I am running this script to copy pattern files in local but it is asking for password even passing the hardcode value Script:- PASSWORD="xyz" sftp -oport=1002 user@host:/dir/archive/file*.txt /di/data/ << EOF $PASSWORD quit EOF Got error :- -bash-4.1$ sh sftp_with_password.sh... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: himanshupant
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Telnet connection closes before i execute GET command

I tried the below steps for telnet command from a remote server: 1. telnet myservice.com 443 2. GET / HTTP/1.0 3. Press enter key twice Please see the output below: bash-3.2$ hostname remoteserver1 bash-3.2$ telnet myservice.com 443 Trying 191.172.172.133... Connected to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
7 Replies
SFTP-SERVER(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					    SFTP-SERVER(8)

NAME
sftp-server -- SFTP server subsystem SYNOPSIS
sftp-server [-ehR] [-f log_facility] [-l log_level] [-u umask] DESCRIPTION
sftp-server is a program that speaks the server side of SFTP protocol to stdout and expects client requests from stdin. sftp-server is not intended to be called directly, but from sshd(8) using the Subsystem option. Command-line flags to sftp-server should be specified in the Subsystem declaration. See sshd_config(5) for more information. Valid options are: -e Causes sftp-server to print logging information to stderr instead of syslog for debugging. -f log_facility Specifies the facility code that is used when logging messages from sftp-server. The possible values are: DAEMON, USER, AUTH, LOCAL0, LOCAL1, LOCAL2, LOCAL3, LOCAL4, LOCAL5, LOCAL6, LOCAL7. The default is AUTH. -h Displays sftp-server usage information. -l log_level Specifies which messages will be logged by sftp-server. The possible values are: QUIET, FATAL, ERROR, INFO, VERBOSE, DEBUG, DEBUG1, DEBUG2, and DEBUG3. INFO and VERBOSE log transactions that sftp-server performs on behalf of the client. DEBUG and DEBUG1 are equivalent. DEBUG2 and DEBUG3 each specify higher levels of debugging output. The default is ERROR. -R Places this instance of sftp-server into a read-only mode. Attempts to open files for writing, as well as other operations that change the state of the filesystem, will be denied. -u umask Sets an explicit umask(2) to be applied to newly-created files and directories, instead of the user's default mask. For logging to work, sftp-server must be able to access /dev/log. Use of sftp-server in a chroot configuration therefore requires that syslogd(8) establish a logging socket inside the chroot directory. SEE ALSO
sftp(1), ssh(1), sshd_config(5), sshd(8) T. Ylonen and S. Lehtinen, SSH File Transfer Protocol, draft-ietf-secsh-filexfer-00.txt, January 2001, work in progress material. HISTORY
sftp-server first appeared in OpenBSD 2.8. AUTHORS
Markus Friedl <markus@openbsd.org> BSD
January 9, 2010 BSD