Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Getting data from ZFS.
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Getting data from ZFS. Post 302656783 by Skrynesaver on Friday 15th of June 2012 11:48:24 AM
Old 06-15-2012
Thanks guys I owe more people a beer Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Can ZFS Save my Data

Hello, Our RAID and server recently crashed and we are trying to recover our data. The problem appears to be that the Veritas File System/Logical Volume Manger became corrupt on our RAID. We are down to our last option, which is to run some Veritas commands that "may" result in data loss. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stringman
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Copy data from zfs datasets

I 've few data sets in my zfs pool which has been exported to the non global zones and i want to copy data on those datasets/file systems to my datasets in new pool mounted on global zone, how can i do that ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data based on match against one column data from a long list data

My input file: data_5 Ali 422 2.00E-45 102/253 140/253 24 data_3 Abu 202 60.00E-45 12/23 140/23 28 data_1 Ahmad 256 7.00E-45 120/235 140/235 22 data_4 Aman 365 8.00E-45 15/65 140/65 20 data_10 Jones 869 9.00E-45 65/253 140/253 18... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
12 Replies

4. Solaris

Are you using ZFS ?

With Solaris 11 coming out with a requirement of ZFS on the root disk, I was curious to know who is using the Zeta File System now? I have been using ZFS for the past year and don't plan to go back to UFS since ZFS is much more reliable and easier to maintain. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
13 Replies

5. Solaris

ZFS

what are all the advantages of ZFS comparing to UFS SVM what is the use of creating file system in a file system in ZFS (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinu
15 Replies

6. Solaris

ZFS

Hi, I need some advice please. I have this server with a couple of zpools, lets call them pay_serv ukb_pool There are two zones attached to these pools. When I do a zfs list I see this pay_serv 8.41G 265G 8.41G /pay_serv ukb_pool 79.8G 194G 23K /ukb_pool ukb_pool/temp_ps 9.11G... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: giles.cardew
4 Replies

7. Solaris

ZFS CRYPT

Hi! I'm a new user... I'm looking for some informations about the ZDF file sytem... In my ubuntu box i have installed cryptkeeper, and i want to know if in Solaris 11 Express can find something similar... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Solarisutente
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Zfs send & receive with encryption - how to retrieve data?

Good morning everyone, I'm looking for some help to retrieve data in a scenario where I might have made a big mistake. I'm hoping to understand what I did wrong. My system is made of two Solaris 11 Express servers (old free version for evaluation). The first if for data and the second is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rnd
7 Replies
ZAWAY(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZAWAY(1)

NAME
zaway - tell other people via Zephyr that you aren't around SYNOPSIS
zaway [ OPTIONS ] [ FILE ] DESCRIPTION
zaway provides a way for you to automatically send replies when other people contact you using zwrite(1). zaway subscribes itself to class "MESSAGE", instance "*", so that it can monitor your incoming messages. It does not affect the operation of any other client receiving messages. zaway is typically run when you are leaving your terminal or display temporarily. zaway usually never exits; when you return to your terminal you should type the interrupt character (usually ^C) in order to make zaway exit. OPTIONS -m STRING Use STRING as the body of the auto-reply message. Any message file (specified on the command line or the default) is ignored. -w Watch the invoking user's location status. If the user is locatable anywhere, no auto-replies will be sent. -h Displays a short usage message and exits. zaway uses a message file (which defaults to $HOME/.away) to describe what reponses should be sent to which senders. The general format of this file is: >name >name message >name message Any number of user names may be specified preceding the message to send to those senders. If a user name appears more than once, the mes- sage will be a concatenation of each of the appropriate messages. There are two special names: "*" indicates that the following message should be sent to all senders and "%" indicates that the following message should only be sent if the user name has not matched yet. If no file is specified, and no default file can be found, the following message is returned: I'm sorry, but I am currently away from the terminal and am not able to receive your message. If a user name does not match any of those listed in the file, and no "*" or "%" field is specified, no return message is sent. All mes- sages are preceded by a signature "Automated reply:". To avoid loops, messages are not sent in response to messages beginning with an "Automated reply:" signature or sent by the same Kerberos principal as the user running zaway. SAMPLE FILE
>eichin >tony Hi there guys! I'm in the other room right now. I'll be back in 5 minutes or so. >jruser Sorry, but I'm gone for the day... >% Hello...I'm not sure who you are. I'll be back soon, though. >* This message comes to you compliments of zaway! The final "compliments" message will be included in all messages, whereas the "I'm not sure" message will only be included in messages that are not from "eichin", "tony", or "jruser". FILES
$HOME/.away SEE ALSO
zephyr(1), zwgc(1), zwrite(1), zhm(8), zephyrd(8) Project Athena Technical Plan Section E.4.1, `Zephyr Notification Service' AUTHOR
Robert S. French (MIT-Project Athena) RESTRICTIONS
Copyright (c) 1987,1988 by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. All Rights Reserved. zephyr(1) specifies the terms and conditions for redistribution. MIT Project Athena July 1, 1988 ZAWAY(1)