Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Syntax Error in Unix Shell Script Post 302656643 by donadarsh on Friday 15th of June 2012 06:17:35 AM
Old 06-15-2012
-f option is for checking file, whether its ordinary or not.
What exactly you want to check? only the existence, then try -r option, you can copy that.
Code:
echo "`date '+%Y%m%d_%H%M%S'` Getting ProductList.dat" 
if [ -f $DIR/ProductList.dat ]; then     
      cp  $DIR/ProductList.dat $TARGET_DIR/MigratedProductList.dat 
else     
      echo "`date '+%Y%m%d_%H%M%S'`ProductList.dat does not exist; Processing Terminated"     
      echo "***************************************************************************"     
      exit 1 
fi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk Shell Script error : "Syntax Error : `Split' unexpected

hi there i write one awk script file in shell programing the code is related to dd/mm/yy to month, day year format but i get an error please can anybody help me out in this problem ?????? i give my code here including error awk ` # date-month -- convert mm/dd/yy to month day,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Herry
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on shell script : syntax error at line 62: `end of file' unexpected

Hi All, I have written a korn script (code pasted below). It is giving the error while debugging "new.sh: syntax error at line 62: `end of file' unexpected". I have re-written the whole code in VI and explored all help related to this error on this Unix forum and tried it. Somehow, I could... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: schandrakar1
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK syntax /bailing script error when executing in UNIX

Hi I am trying to execute the following awk script in unix but getting the following error awk: syntax error near line 1 awk: bailing out near line 1 for i in `cat search` do grep -i -l $i *.sas | awk -v token=$i '{print token "\t" $0}' done Please let me know what could be the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nandugo1
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error calling TCL script from shell script

hello everyone i am beginner on shell scripting .and i am working on my project work on ad hoc network i wrote a batch (.sh) to do a looping and execute a tcl script i wrote before in each iteration ..but i got this problem " syntax error near unexpected token `('... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marcoss90
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax error in shell script

I am creating a shell script. In which, I need to get server name and server IP. I used this command in script. servername=`cat /etc/hosts|grep `eval hostname`|awk '{print $2}'` however, when execute script or put set -x to debug, it return: line 13: syntax error at line 13: `|' unexpected... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two initoras shell script syntax error

Hi All, I am executing the below shell script to compare two initoras files which is ending up in syntax error as below: -bash-3.2$ cat compare_two_initoras.sh #!/bin/bash file1=$1 file2=$2 for parameter in `cat $file1 | grep = | awk '{print $1}' | grep -v '#'` do value1=`grep... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
4 Replies

7. HP-UX

HP-UX: Shell Script giving " 0^J30: Syntax error"

Hi All, We are getting a very unique error while running a shell script on HP-UX box. Can somebody help in this regards? The shell script is working fine on linux/solaris box. Error: ++++++++++++++++++++++++ $/test.sh ./test.sh: 0^J30: Syntax error $ ++++++++++++++++++++++++ TIA.... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: vai_sh
16 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Syntax error C shell

Hello, I have a newbe syntax error but I cant find it syntax error: unexpected end of file #!/bin/csh # pe request #$ -pe mpi_16 32 #### 16 core : 'mpi_16 16' || 24 core : 'mpi_24 24 ' # our Job name #$ -N test2MD #$ -S /bin/sh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dulceC
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Isql syntax error in UNIX script

Hello Everyone, Coming again for your help to solve the below error: In a script, i had created a temp table (Temp_table) and loaded the data in it using bcp command (performed successfully) and I wanted to move it to the preferred table (called Main_table) for further use. hence I have added... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Suresh
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Isql and If Exist syntax error in UNIX script

Hello Everyone, Coming again for your help to solve the below error: In a script, i had created a temp table (Temp_table) and loaded the data in it using bcp command (performed successfully) and I wanted to move it to the preferred table (called Main_table) for further use. hence I have added... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Suresh
7 Replies
GRUB-MKRESCUE(3)					     Library Functions Manual						  GRUB-MKRESCUE(3)

NAME
grub-mkrescue -- Generate a GRUB rescue image using GNU Xorriso. SYNOPSIS
grub-mkrescue [-o | --output=FILE] [--modules=MODULES] [--install-modules=MODULES] [--themes=THEMES] [--fonts=FONTS] [--locales=LOCALES] [--compress[=no,xz,gz,lzo]] [-d | --directory=DIR] [--grub-mkimage=FILE] [--rom-directory=DIR] [--xorriso=FILE] [--grub-glue-efi=FILE] [--grub-render-label=FILE] [--label-font=FILE] [--label-color=COLOR] [--label-bgcolor=FILE] [--product-name=STRING] [--product-version=STRING] [--sparc-boot] [--arcs-boot] DESCRIPTION
grub-mkrescue can be used to generate a rescue image with the GRUB bootloader. OPTIONS
--output=FILE Write the generated file to FILE. The default is to write to standard output. --modules=MODULES Pre-load modules specified by MODULES. --install-modules=MODULES Install only MODULES and their dependencies. The default is to install all available modules. --themes=THEMES Install THEMES. The default is to install the starfield theme, if available. --fonts=FONTS Install FONTS. The default is to install the unicode font. --locales=LOCALES Install only locales listed in LOCALES. The default is to install all available locales. --compress[=no,xz,gz,lzo] Compress GRUB files using the specified compression algorithm. --directory=DIR Use images and modules in DIR. --grub-mkimage=FILE Use FILE as grub-mkimage(1). The default is /usr/bin/grub-mkimage. --rom-directory=DIR Save ROM images in DIR. --xorriso=FILE Use FILE as xorriso. --grub-glue-efi=FILE Use FILE as grub-glue-efi(3). --grub-render-label=FILE Use FILE as grub-render-label(3). --label-font=FILE Use FILE as the font file for generated labels. --label-color=COLOR Use COLOR as the color for generated labels. --label-bgcolor=COLOR Use COLOR as the background color for generated labels. --product-name=STRING Use STRING as the product name in generated labels. --product-version=STRING Use STRING as the product version in generated labels. --sparc-boot Enable booting the SPARC platform. This disables HFS+, APM, ARCS, and "boot as disk image" on the i386-pc target platform. --arcs-boot Enable ARCS booting. This is typically for big-endian MIPS machines, and disables HFS+, APM, sparc64, and "boot as disk image" on the i386-pc target platform. -- All options after a -- will be passed directly to xorriso's command line when generating the image. SEE ALSO
info grub Wed Feb 26 2014 GRUB-MKRESCUE(3)