Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Configuring user in c-shell
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Configuring user in c-shell Post 302656553 by hydoss1 on Friday 15th of June 2012 03:15:04 AM
Old 06-15-2012
Actually my solaris server got crashed. So after fresh OS installation, we have restored all users from the backup. Kindly let me know hoe to make those users active

---------- Post updated at 12:45 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:18 AM ----------

i have created user in bash shell now I need to change to C shell

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

New z-shell user

Hi, I've just downloaded the following files and have been tinkering with using zsh on my NT box. Z-shell executable: ftp://ftp.blarg.net/users/amol/zsh/zsh.exe.gz Unix Utilities: http://homepage.mac.com/shadowboxer/unxutils.exe First impressions are good but I have 2 questions.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Damian Ibbotson
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i change to super user then revert back to ordinary user ,using shell script?

Hi all, I am trying to eject the cdrom from a livecd after certain stage... Now assuming that it is possible to eject,please consider my issue!!! The OS boots into a regular user by default...so i am unable to use the eject command to push out the drive... However if i try pfexec eject it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
3 Replies

3. Solaris

configuring user as trust

Hi Gurus, Got another issue. I am trying to configure a user to run some scripts through trusted user where in while logging to remote system it shouldn't ask for password. i did following to get it working but its not working i create a private and public key with the below... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

root user command in shell script execute as normal user

Hi All I have written one shell script for GPRS route add is given below named GPRSRouteSet.sh URL="www.google.com" VBURL="10.5.2.211" echo "Setting route for $URL for GPRS" URL_Address=`nslookup $URL|grep Address:|grep -v "#"|awk -F " " '{print $2}'|head -1` echo "Executing ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnmonu
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Login as another user through Shell script from current user[Not Root]

Hi Every body, I would need a shell script program to login as different user and perform some copy commands in the script. example: Supppose ora_toms is the active user ora_toms should be able to run a script where user: ftptomsp pass: XXX should login through and run the commands ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ujjwal27
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Configuring smtp settings and then sending the mail through shell script

I have make an menu in which first option is to start and second is to stop the services echo "Please enter the appropriate choice for doing the operations" echo " 1) STOP Services 2) START Services case $choice in 1) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: punpun66
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to read lines in a text file and filter user data Shell Programming and Scripting

sxsaaas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VikrantD
3 Replies

8. Linux

Configuring wu-ftpd for ftp user login

I am having trouble configuring wu-ftpd on my system to allow a real user to login. I am not sure where to start. I'll try to give as much information as possible. Here is a log of what happened. ftp> open 192.168.4.110 Connected to 192.168.4.110 220 192.168.4.110 FTP server (Version... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnmonu
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Switch from Local user to root user from a shell script?

Hi, I need to switch from local user to root user in a shell script. I need to make it automated so that it doesn't prompt for the root password. I heard the su command will do that work but it prompt for the password. and also can someone tell me whether su command spawns a new shell or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Little
1 Replies
CHSH(1)                                                            User Commands                                                           CHSH(1)

NAME
chsh - change login shell SYNOPSIS
chsh [options] [LOGIN] DESCRIPTION
The chsh command changes the user login shell. This determines the name of the user's initial login command. A normal user may only change the login shell for her own account; the superuser may change the login shell for any account. OPTIONS
The options which apply to the chsh command are: -h, --help Display help message and exit. -R, --root CHROOT_DIR Apply changes in the CHROOT_DIR directory and use the configuration files from the CHROOT_DIR directory. -s, --shell SHELL The name of the user's new login shell. Setting this field to blank causes the system to select the default login shell. If the -s option is not selected, chsh operates in an interactive fashion, prompting the user with the current login shell. Enter the new value to change the shell, or leave the line blank to use the current one. The current shell is displayed between a pair of [ ] marks. NOTE
The only restriction placed on the login shell is that the command name must be listed in /etc/shells, unless the invoker is the superuser, and then any value may be added. An account with a restricted login shell may not change her login shell. For this reason, placing /bin/rsh in /etc/shells is discouraged since accidentally changing to a restricted shell would prevent the user from ever changing her login shell back to its original value. FILES
/etc/passwd User account information. /etc/shells List of valid login shells. /etc/login.defs Shadow password suite configuration. SEE ALSO
chfn(1), login.defs(5), passwd(5). shadow-utils 4.5 01/25/2018 CHSH(1)