Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting add path variable permanently Post 302656511 by methyl on Thursday 14th of June 2012 08:50:59 PM
Old 06-14-2012
The value of LD_LIBRARY_PATH at the top of this post is utterly ridiculously long. It contains 22 unique directory paths (most of which contain nothing to do with Oracle) and the following paths are duplicated:
Code:
/opt/oracle/product/1020/Apache/jdk/jre/lib/sparc
/opt/oracle/product/1020/jdbc/lib
/opt/oracle/product/1020/jdk/jre/lib/sparc
/opt/oracle/product/1020/lib
/usr/local/lib
/usr/openwin/lib

Have you read the Oracle installation guide for your version of Oracle?

To answer the question about how to make the changes permanent in the account crminfo we need to know what default Shell that user uses. Then the commands (after correction?) go into the user's profile file for their Shell.

Don't forget to set ORACLE_SID .

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

add bin to variable PATH and save changes

i wrote a script and is running. I add the path bin to variable PATH, i.e. PATH=$PATH/bin. i add this to PATH in order to run the script in any path working directory. Thats ok. The problem is as son as i close the session and start a new session, changes are lost. How can i tell the shell or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alexcol
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

permanently add static route

I have a machine with an interface that has two different addresses on CentOS 5 eth0: 10.20.21.77 eth0:1 141.218.1.221 If I issue this command I get the result I'm looking for. /sbin/route add -net 141.218.1.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 gw 10.20.21.77 ip route show dev eth0 141.218.1.0/24... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: beaker457
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove a path from PATH environment variable

Hi I need a script which will remove a path from PATH environment variable. For example $echo PATH /usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:test/rmve:/usr/games $echo rmv test/rmve Here I need a shell script which will remove rmv path (test/rmve) from PATH... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhu84
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

one liner to extract path from PATH variable

Hi, Could anyone help me in writing a single line code by either using (sed, awk, perl or whatever) to extract a specific path from the PATH environment variable? for eg: suppose the PATH is being set as follows PATH=/usr/bin/:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin/java:/usr/bin/perl3.4 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
2 Replies

5. IP Networking

Is there any way to add an exception for a port in the firewall setting, permanently?

Hello, I want to add a port in the firewall exception list so that my application can be accessed over network even if firewall is disabled. I am using iptables command to add exception. The problem is, after setting the rule if I change the firewall setting i.e. on/off then it is overwriting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senrooy
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending a path in user's PATH variable

Hello Folks, I want to append a path in user's PATH variable which should be available in current session. Background Numerous persons will run a utility. Aim is to add the absolute path of the utility the first time it runs so that next runs have the PATH in env & users can directly run... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Path a variable to sed that includes a path

Hi I'm trying to select text between two lines, I'm using sed to to this, but I need to pass variables to it. For example start="BEGIN /home/mavkoup/data" end="END" sed -n -e '/${start}/,/${end}/g' doesn't work. I've tried double quotes as well. I think there's a problem with the / in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mavkoup
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to add a path variable

Hi, I tried to add a path vairable export GPLOAD_CONNECT_STR= -U crm -h sdc-gp1-dev1 -d wmgpdev but it throws the below error -bash: export: `-U': not a valid identifier -bash: export: `-h': not a valid identifier -bash: export: `sdc-gp1-dev1': not a valid identifier -bash: export:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: burton
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting the path permanently using shell script

I'm trying to set the path permanently through a shell script. (/opt/quest/bin:/usr/bin/lab to /.profile.) I tired using echo option like below but it doesn't work. Please suggest me the right way to do so. echo "PATH=$PATH:/opt/quest/bin:/usr/bin/lab" >> /.profile (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pjeedu2247
6 Replies

10. Red Hat

Add directory to path permanently

I ssh in and am trying to add a directory permanently to $PATH in centos 7 and having issues. My current $PATH is echo $PATH /usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/root/bin but when I do a sudo nano ~/.bashrc # .bashrc # User specific aliases and functions alias... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
7 Replies
UPDATE-JAVA-ALTERNATIVES(8)				      System Manager's Manual				       UPDATE-JAVA-ALTERNATIVES(8)

NAME
update-java-alternatives - update alternatives for jre/sdk installations SYNOPSIS
update-java-alternatives [--jre] [--plugin] [-t|--test|-v|--verbose] -l|--list [<jname>] -s|--set <jname> -a|--auto -h|-?|--help DESCRIPTION
update-java-alternatives updates all alternatives belonging to one runtime or development kit for the Java language. A package does pro- vide these information of it's alternatives in /usr/lib/jvm/.<jname>.jinfo. OPTIONS
-l|--list [<jname>] List all installed packages (or just <jname>) providing information to set a bunch of java alternatives. Verbose output shows each alternative provided by the packages. -a|--auto Switch all alternatives of registered jre/sdk installations to automatic mode. -s|--set <jname> Set all alternatives of the registered jre/sdk installation to the program path provided by the <jname> installation. --jre Limit the actions to alternatives belong to a runtime environment, not a development kit. --jre-headless Limit the actions to alternatives belong to the headless part of a runtime environment. --plugin Limit the actions to alternatives providing browser plugins. -h|--help Display a help message. -t|--test Don't actually do anything, just say what would be done. The implementation status of this option is the same as for update-alter- natives (not implemented). -v|--verbose Verbose output. FILES
/usr/lib/jvm/.*.jinfo A text file describing a jre/sdk installation. Consists of some variables of the form <var>=<value> and a list of alternatives of the form jre|jdk <name> <path>. AUTHOR
update-java-alternatives and this manual page was written by Matthias Klose <doko@ubuntu.com>. May 2006 UPDATE-JAVA-ALTERNATIVES(8)