Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Issue with null value
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Issue with null value Post 302656449 by darling on Thursday 14th of June 2012 05:06:43 PM
Old 06-14-2012
Issue with null value

Hi,
I am trying below code. let me explain what is going on here.

Code:
xmitq=`echo "dis qr($queue) xmitq"|runmqsc $QMGR| tr ' ' '\n' | sed 's/^*//g'|grep "XMITQ"| cut -d '(' -f2| cut -d ')' -f1`

chl=`echo "dis chl(*) xmitq"| runmqsc $QMGR |egrep 'CHANNEL|XMITQ'|\
egrep -v 'CLUSSDR|CLUSRCVR|RCVR|SYSTEM|SVRCONN'|sed 's/CHANNEL(/+/g'|\
tr -d '\n'|tr '+' '\n'|grep "$xmitq"|sort -u|awk '{print $1}'|\
sed -e 's/(/ /' -e 's/)/ /'`

ip=`echo "dis chl("$chl") conname"|runmqsc $QMGR | tr ' ' '\n' | sed 's/*^//'| grep "CONNAME"| cut -d '(' -f2`
echo $xmitq,$chl, $ip

from xmitq we get some details and some times xmitq value can be null also...
based on xmitq we get $chl and from $chl we get $ip values
but here problem is when xmitq value is "null" it is throwing below exception

Code:
grep: RE error 41: No remembered search string.

So i am looking for if xmitq is null (no value) then it should print blank for $chl and $ip.
it is a loop for example if i get
$xmitq as first and firstchl and firstip are $chl, $ip values accordingly
$xmitq is null it should print blank values for $chl and $ip (if possible $ip is blank i would like to get "CONNAME" text in $ip place, it is optional)
$xmitq is eight and eightchl and eightip are $chl, $ip values accordingly
this loop continues untill we get xmitq values

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Has anyone seen this issue with the /dev/null?

hello all, I am working in a Hpux 11.0 64 bit environment. I am not sure if a third party software is doing this or not, but the admin to this server says it is not a server issue as he has check and double check logs and crons to verify this issue. My problem, is that every now and then, once... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: oott
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Null Value

Hello All, I have a file of the format **** 123 abc ABC 456 bcd BCD 789 def 112 ghi GHI 223 jkl 344 mno MNO **** I am trying to extract the lines that have no values in the third field (in this case, this would be 789 def 223 jkl Can anyone please help??... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Khoomfire
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Varibale to NULL or ZERO

I have a variable called V_param1 and does it have some value. I want to check this varibale is NULL or Zero then exit else do How to incorported this in Script. any input (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: u263066
2 Replies

4. IP Networking

Could a tcp issue be causing a null pointer exception?

The client's app gets a 'suspend error' which they say is due to a null pointer exception. Application people say nothing's wrong with the app. Network people say the network's fine. I'm supposed to see what's wrong with the system to be causing this error. I checked the NIC card settings, which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pmichner
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare null with non-null

I've got a very peculiar situation. I'm trying to find out if we can compare null fields with non-null. I've output csv files from SQL and Oracle. I need to compare each field from the files, and then find out any differences. The files usualy have over 500 fields, and send the resule to DBA.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitin
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert string 'NULL' where there is a null value

I have an input file having 7 fields delimited by , eg : 1,ABC,hg,1,2,34,3 2,hj,YU,2,3,4, 3,JU,kl,4,5,7, 4,JK,KJ,3,56,4,5 The seventh field here in some lines is empty, whereas the other lines there is a value. How do I insert string NULL at this location (7th loc) for these lines where... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: zilch
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/dev/null 2>&1 Versus /dev/null 2>1

How are these two different? They both prevent output and error from being displayed. I don't see the use of the "&" echo "hello" > /dev/null 2>&1 echo "hello" > /dev/null 2>1 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting standard out to /dev/null goes to file "/dev/null" instead

I apologize if this question has been answered else where or is too elementary. I ran across a KSH script (long unimportant story) that does this: if ; then CAS_SRC_LOG="/var/log/cas_src.log 2>&1" else CAS_SRC_LOG="/dev/null 2>&1" fithen does this: /usr/bin/echo "heartbeat:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbmorrisonjr
5 Replies

9. AIX

/dev/null file issue

Hi Experts, I Have a query. In one of my server I just came to know that there was /dev/null file which is a not a character file. Its just a normal file. I know the command to create the character file (/dev/null) but what is the procedure. Like should i delete /dev/null and create or... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayadeava
7 Replies

10. Linux

Issue in inserting null string in array

I am getting some values from a file and putting them in an array..but the null strings are not getting passed to the array. So during printing the elements ,the null string is not showing in the output. during array size calculation it is also excluding null.Please let me know how to do it. # cat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
2 Replies
Graphics::Primitive::Component(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       Graphics::Primitive::Component(3pm)

NAME
Graphics::Primitive::Component - Base graphical unit DESCRIPTION
A Component is an entity with a graphical representation. SYNOPSIS
my $c = Graphics::Primitive::Component->new({ origin => Geometry::Primitive::Point->new({ x => $x, y => $y }), width => 500, height => 350 }); LIFECYCLE
prepare Most components do the majority of their setup in the prepare. The goal of prepare is to establish it's minimum height and width so that it can be properly positioned by a layout manager. $driver->prepare($comp); layout This is not a method of Component, but a phase introduced by the use of Layout::Manager. If the component is a container then each of it's child components (even the containers) will be positioned according to the minimum height and width determined during prepare. Different layout manager implementations have different rules, so consult the documentation for each for details. After this phase has completed the origin, height and width should be set for all components. $lm->do_layout($comp); finalize This final phase provides and opportunity for the component to do any final changes to it's internals before being passed to a driver for drawing. An example might be a component that draws a fleuron at it's extremities. Since the final height and width isn't known until this phase, it was impossible for it to position these internal components until now. It may even defer creation of this components until now. It is not ok to defer all action to the finalize phase. If you do not establish a minimum hieght and width during prepare then the layout manager may not provide you with enough space to draw. $driver->finalize($comp); draw Handled by Graphics::Primitive::Driver. $driver->draw($comp); METHODS
Constructor new Creates a new Component. Instance Methods background_color Set this component's background color. border Set this component's border, which should be an instance of Border. callback Optional callback that is fired at the beginning of the "finalize" phase. This allows you to add some sort of custom code that can modify the component just before it is rendered. The only argument is the component itself. Note that changing the position or the dimensions of the component will not re-layout the scene. You may have weird results of you manipulate the component's dimensions here. class Set/Get this component's class, which is an abitrary string. Graphics::Primitive has no internal use for this attribute but provides it for outside use. color Set this component's foreground color. fire_callback Method to execute this component's "callback". get_tree Get a tree for this component. Since components are -- by definiton -- leaf nodes, this tree will only have the one member at it's root. has_callback Predicate that tells if this component has a "callback". height Set this component's height. inside_bounding_box Returns a Rectangle that defines the edges of the 'inside' box for this component. This box is relative to the origin of the component. inside_height Get the height available in this container after taking away space for padding, margin and borders. inside_width Get the width available in this container after taking away space for padding, margin and borders. margins Set this component's margins, which should be an instance of Insets. Margins are the space outside the component's bounding box, as in CSS. The margins should be outside the border. maximum_height Set/Get this component's maximum height. Used to inform a layout manager. maximum_width Set/Get this component's maximum width. Used to inform a layout manager. minimum_height Set/Get this component's minimum height. Used to inform a layout manager. minimum_inside_height Get the minimum height available in this container after taking away space for padding, margin and borders. minimum_inside_width Get the minimum width available in this container after taking away space for padding, margin and borders. minimum_width Set/Get this component's minimum width. Used to inform a layout manager. name Set this component's name. This is not required, but may inform consumers of a component. Pay attention to that library's documentation. origin Set/Get the origin point for this component. outside_height Get the height consumed by padding, margin and borders. outside_width Get the width consumed by padding, margin and borders. finalize Method provided to give component one last opportunity to put it's contents into the provided space. Called after prepare. padding Set this component's padding, which should be an instance of Insets. Padding is the space inside the component's bounding box, as in CSS. This padding should be between the border and the component's content. page If true then this component represents stand-alone page. This informs the driver that this component (and any children) are to be renderered on a single surface. This only really makes sense in formats that have pages such as PDF of PostScript. prepare Method to prepare this component for drawing. This is an empty sub and is meant to be overridden by a specific implementation. preferred_height Set/Get this component's preferred height. Used to inform a layout manager. preferred_width Set/Get this component's preferred width. Used to inform a layout manager. to_string Get a string representation of this component in the form of: $name $x,$y ($widthx$height) visible Set/Get this component's visible flag. width Set/Get this component's width. AUTHOR
Cory Watson, "<gphat@cpan.org>" BUGS
Please report any bugs or feature requests to "bug-geometry-primitive at rt.cpan.org", or through the web interface at http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Geometry-Primitive <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Geometry-Primitive>. I will be notified, and then you'll automatically be notified of progress on your bug as I make changes. COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2008-2009 by Cory G Watson. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.3 2011-06-02 Graphics::Primitive::Component(3pm)