Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting feasibility of opening a website link from unix and get a response in the form of xml or html Post 302655889 by 14th on Thursday 14th of June 2012 02:28:53 AM
Old 06-14-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek d r
i just wanted to know whether is it possible to open a website link and get a response in the form of xml or html format...
the website is of local network...
for example something like this

after a similiar stament is executed the output should give the respose got from opening the link in internet explorer.... i know this question might sound stupid but i just wanted to know since i dont know what is unix capable of... i just know basic shell scripting.... any help would be deeply appreciated....
I don't know what you really want to do, but I used to use curl to GET dan POST data from or to an url.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Changing Unix form to Microsoft Word form to be able to email it to someone.

Please someone I need information on how to change a Unix form/document into a microsoft word document in order to be emailed to another company. Please help ASAP. Thankyou :confused: (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cheraunm
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

HTML form to cgi help

I wrote a script to automate user account verification against peoplesoft. Now I want to make it available to my peers via the web. It is running on Solaris. I have the form written, but am not sure how to make it work. I think the form should call a perl cgi when submitted. The cgi should call... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

opening non-html files in lynx??

when i try to open a txt file in lynx I need to provide the filename or use wildcards to open. Autocompletion doesn't work for some reason. Also, trying to open files like: .sh, .py etc. ends up in the following error: lynx: Start file could not be found or is not text/html or text/plain ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: riwa
0 Replies

4. Web Development

Rewrite rules to change “link.html?hl=es” to “/es/link.html” etc?

Hey! Does anyone know how to create rewrite rules to change: “link.html?hl=en” to “/en/link.html” “link.html?hl=jp” to “/jp/link.html” “link.html?hl=es” to “/es/link.html” etc? Where "link.html" changes based on the page request? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

error opening website

hi I have unusual problem you might say. I can't open microsoft.com , I've checked file hosts located somewhere in windows/system32/drivers .. and its not blocked from there, what else could cause this problem, I need to download microsoft visual studio and I can't cause I can't open the website,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: c0mrade
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Script to read the XML file from Website

Hi Experts, I need a unix shell script which can copy the xml file from the below pasted website and paste in in my unix directory. http://www.westpac.co.nz/olcontent/olcontent.nsf/fx.xml Thanks in Advance... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani333
8 Replies

7. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Slow response from website

Hi, I am experiencing slow response of unix.com from past 3-4 days. like- - most of the time the page does not reload instantly (when I do a manual reload from browser) - not able to view graphics. ( displays only text). - when posting into forum, the page gets stuck for considerably long... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: clx
6 Replies

8. Solaris

man pages in html form

Hi I would like to convert standard online man pages from my solaris10 system into html form to publish it on my webpage. How this can be done in Sol10 ? thx for help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract/Parse information from html (website)

Hello, I want to extract some informations from a html (website, http://www.energiecontracting.de/7-mitglieder/von-A-Z.php?a_z=B&seite=2 ) file and save those in a predefined format (.csv).. However it seems that the code on that website is kinda messy and I can't find a way to handle it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TehOne
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to alert about a slow link on the website

Hello all, Currently I am using a script with "curl" to get the an alert if 200 ok would not be grepped.and the link is down. is it possible to get an alert mail if a particular link on a website is not completely down but SLOW?? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chirag991
0 Replies
Gtk2::AboutDialog(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Gtk2::AboutDialog(3)

NAME
Gtk2::AboutDialog HIERARCHY
Glib::Object +----Glib::InitiallyUnowned +----Gtk2::Object +----Gtk2::Widget +----Gtk2::Container +----Gtk2::Bin +----Gtk2::Window +----Gtk2::Dialog +----Gtk2::AboutDialog INTERFACES
Glib::Object::_Unregistered::AtkImplementorIface Gtk2::Buildable METHODS
widget = Gtk2::AboutDialog->new list = $about->get_artists $about->set_artists ($artist1, ...) o $artist1 (string) o ... (list) list = $about->get_authors $about->set_authors ($author1, ...) o $author1 (string) o ... (list) string or undef = $about->get_comments $about->set_comments ($comments) o $comments (string or undef) string or undef = $about->get_copyright $about->set_copyright ($copyright) o $copyright (string or undef) list = $about->get_documenters $about->set_documenters ($documenter1, ...) o $documenter1 (string) o ... (list) Gtk2::AboutDialog->set_email_hook ($func, $data=undef) o $func (scalar) o $data (scalar) string or undef = $about->get_license $about->set_license ($license) o $license (string or undef) pixbuf or undef = $about->get_logo string or undef = $about->get_logo_icon_name $about->set_logo_icon_name ($icon_name) o $icon_name (string or undef) $about->set_logo ($logo) o $logo (Gtk2::Gdk::Pixbuf or undef) string or undef = $about->get_program_name $about->set_program_name ($name) o $name (string or undef) Gtk2->show_about_dialog ($parent, $first_property_name, ...) o $parent (Gtk2::Window or undef) o $first_property_name (string) o ... (list) the rest of a list of name=>property value pairs. This is a convenience function for showing an application's about box. The constructed dialog is associated with the parent window and reused for future invocations of this function. The dialog is shown nonmodally, and will be hidden by any response. string or undef = $about->get_translator_credits $about->set_translator_credits ($translator_credits) o $translator_credits (string or undef) Gtk2::AboutDialog->set_url_hook ($func, $data=undef) o $func (scalar) o $data (scalar) string or undef = $about->get_version $about->set_version ($version) o $version (string or undef) string or undef = $about->get_website string or undef = $about->get_website_label $about->set_website_label ($website_label) o $website_label (string or undef) $about->set_website ($website) o $website (string or undef) boolean = $about->get_wrap_license Since: gtk+ 2.8 $about->set_wrap_license ($wrap_license) o $wrap_license (boolean) Since: gtk+ 2.8 URL AND EMAIL HOOKS
When setting the website and email hooks for the Gtk2::AboutDialog widget, you should remember that the order is important: you should set the hook functions before setting the website and email URL properties, like this: $about_dialog->set_url_hook(&launch_web_browser); $about_dialog->set_website($app_website); otherwise the AboutDialog will not display the website and the email addresses as clickable. PROPERTIES
'artists' (Glib::Strv : readable / writable / private) List of people who have contributed artwork to the program 'authors' (Glib::Strv : readable / writable / private) List of authors of the program 'comments' (string : readable / writable / private) Comments about the program 'copyright' (string : readable / writable / private) Copyright information for the program 'documenters' (Glib::Strv : readable / writable / private) List of people documenting the program 'license' (string : readable / writable / private) The license of the program 'logo' (Gtk2::Gdk::Pixbuf : readable / writable / private) A logo for the about box. If this is not set, it defaults to gtk_window_get_default_icon_list() 'logo-icon-name' (string : readable / writable / private) A named icon to use as the logo for the about box. 'program-name' (string : readable / writable / private) The name of the program. If this is not set, it defaults to g_get_application_name() 'translator-credits' (string : readable / writable / private) Credits to the translators. This string should be marked as translatable 'version' (string : readable / writable / private) The version of the program 'website' (string : readable / writable / private) The URL for the link to the website of the program 'website-label' (string : readable / writable / private) The label for the link to the website of the program. If this is not set, it defaults to the URL 'wrap-license' (boolean : readable / writable / private) Whether to wrap the license text. SEE ALSO
Gtk2, Glib::Object, Glib::InitiallyUnowned, Gtk2::Object, Gtk2::Widget, Gtk2::Container, Gtk2::Bin, Gtk2::Window, Gtk2::Dialog COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003-2008 by the gtk2-perl team. This software is licensed under the LGPL. See Gtk2 for a full notice. perl v5.12.1 2010-07-05 Gtk2::AboutDialog(3)