Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Expect scripting - How to match a double quotes " " Post 302655871 by prakasuj on Thursday 14th of June 2012 01:59:42 AM
Old 06-14-2012
That was my first try.. But no luck.
I even tried \\" and \\\"... But no luck...Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing scalars contaning "DOUBLE QUOTES" as data

Hello to all, Does anyone know the solution ? Two strings A and B are present. I want to check whether B is a Substring of A. 1. The value of A is - 29 * * * /bin/ls "test" "tmp*" "log*" (Note: Pl note that A contains DOUBLEQUOTES, ASTERISK & FRONTSLASH) 2. The value of B is -... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rssrik
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removal of comma(,) present inbetween double quotes(" ")

Hi Experts, I have a file with some of the records contain double quotes. If I found a double quote(") in any particular record , I need to look for the next double quote in that particular record and in between these quotes, if any comma(,) is there I need to replace with Tilde (~) in the same... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsairam
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can expect match the pattern "$", instead of take it as a wild card

I am writing a expect script. during the expect, i need check the out to see whether i logged in: set password "1234" spawn telnet host1 expect "login:" send "guest\n" expect "password:" send $password expect -re "#|$" puts "Logged in" But it seems that expect takes "$" as a wild... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sleepy_11
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect Scripting - Using the "interact" command?

Hello All, I am writing an Expect Script to execute some commands over ssh then exit the script. The script works just fine if I automate everything and assuming the correct password was entered. So this Expect Script gets executed from a Bash script... From the Bash script I pass along an... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing double quotes with the unicodes "urgent!"

Hi, I have the following text in a file <div class="snippet abstract"> We present a new "model" for multiple-input-multiple-output (MIMO) 'outdoor' has many things "what" ever </div></a href=sdfkkf"> </div> <div class="snippet context"> I have to replace the string between the <div... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vms
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX - io info get from "libperfstat" not match "iostat"

Hi, everyone. I need to write a program to get io info based on libperfstat. But the "write time" of a disk is just half of the value get from iostat. I'm confused and can't explain. Help please. How I calculate "write service time per sec": In iostat: write service... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackliang
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect: spawn id exp5 not open while executing "expect "$" { send "sudo su -\r" }"

Hi All, i am trying to ssh to a remote machine and execute certain command to remote machine through script. i am able to ssh but after its getting hung at the promt and after pressing ctrl +d i am gettin the out put as expect: spawn id exp5 not open while executing "expect "$" {... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddharth shivh
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search file containing ps results for a match "my.cnf" and then for a second match . "ok:" and

I need to find two matches in the output from ps. I am searching with ps -ef |grep mysql for: my.cnf /bin/sh /usr/bin/mysqld_safe --defaults-file=/data/mysql/master/agis_core/etc/my.cnf after this match I want to search back and match the hostname which is x number of lines back, above the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
2 Replies
Tangram::Type::Dump::Any(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Tangram::Type::Dump::Any(3pm)

NAME
Tangram::Type::Dump::Any - Intuitive DataBase InterFace SYNOPSIS
# ... in a nearby Tangram::Schema structure ... SomeClass => { fields => { idbif => { -options => { dumper => 'Data::Dumper', }, some_field => undef, some_property => undef, some_attribute => undef, each_one => undef, gets => undef, saved => undef, }, string => { cheese => undef, }, }, }; DESCRIPTION
The idbif mapping type collates multiple data members into a single perl_dump (see Tangram::Type::Dump::Perl), storable (see Tan- gram::Type::Dump::Storable) or yaml (see Tangram::Type::Dump::YAML) column. For instance, with the schema definition in the example, all the columns in the example would be serialised via Data::Dumper. If you stored an object like this: $cheese = bless { cheese => "gouda", gets => 6, each_one => 9 }, "SomeClass"; You would see something in your database similar to: /^'--v------v--------v----------------------------'^ | id | type | cheese | idbif | >----o------o--------o------------------------------< | 1 | 42 | gouda | { gets => 6, each_one => 9 } | \_,--^------^--------^----------------------------._/ (note: the actual output from your SQL Database client may differ from the above) So, if you're the sort of person who likes to set their attributes with accessors, but doesn't like the overhead this places on the RDBMS... then this may help. Note: the real benefits of this mapping type are for when you're storing more complex data structures than "6" and "9" :-). You may prefer to use the default dumping type, which is storable. LINKS TO OTHER OBJECTS If Tangram encounters another object which is already in storage (ie, has been inserted via "$storage->insert($foo)"), then it will store a "Memento". This memento includes the object ID, which is sensitive to schema changes (the ordering of classes in the schema). If the class implements a "px_freeze" and "px_thaw" function, then there will be a "Memento" that includes the class name of the object, and the data that was returned by the class' "px_freeze" method. To be reconstituted, it is called as: SomeClass->px_thaw(@data) See Tangram::Type::Dump for more details on the complicity API. Please set RETVAL to be the thawed object. (that is, return a single scalar). BUT, I REALLY, REALLY HATE SCHEMAS! However, maybe you are one of those folk who don't like to declare their attributes, instead peppering hashes willy nilly, then there is another option. Instead of explicitly listing the fields you want, if you don't specify any fields at all, then it means save ALL remaining fields into the column. For convenience, "-poof" is provided as a synonym for "-options", so you can write: { fields => { idbif => { -poof => # There goes another one! { }, } }, } [ You see, Tangram::Type::Dump::Any isn't actually an intuitive DB interface. No, an intuitive DB interface is a user interface component, and that title is reserved for Visual Tangram. VT expects to pick up the title with any luck by the end of the 21st century^W RSN! I Don't Believe In Fairies is actually what it stands for. It's a completely arbitrary name; chosen for no reason at all, and certainly not anything to do with Pixie. ] perl v5.8.8 2006-03-29 Tangram::Type::Dump::Any(3pm)