Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Convert .sh to .bat please
Operating Systems Linux Convert .sh to .bat please Post 302655817 by pludi on Wednesday 13th of June 2012 07:31:59 PM
Old 06-13-2012
First, what have you tried so far?

Second, there's not even a bit of programming logic in this script, only a series of commands. How hard could it be to translate those to Windows?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Q about windows bat files

Hi, can you run a windows bat file or a VBscript from a shell script? #!/bin/sh PATH=/ $PATH/test.bat (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmac
1 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

one question for .bat file

Hi! I'm very sorry for such simple and silly question but I cannot answer it by myself. Can you please help me? In .bat file I should run the C program which is in other directory, and the input configuration file is in this directory too. This dir name is in dirRun variable. The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anta
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to call a .bat file using KSH

Hi all, I am a very new user for korn scripting and in a process of learning. i have a .bat file that calls a .vbs file which calls a macro used to convert an excel spread sheet to .csv file... Now i want to automate this process. I want to call this bat file using a korn script or a korn... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagya2340
16 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple bat file

Hi guys, I need a *.bat to run a ksh file in the shell on Windows NT...nothing more :) How do I do it? I tried with the following but it failed: set INFORMIXDIR=D:\user-applications\informix set PATH=%INFORMIXDIR%;%PATH% D:\user-applications\MKS\mksnt\sh.exe C:\hk_9.2\C3_weekly_auto.ksh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dird
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

.bat or .pl script help

hi I need to rediret an content of one file and append it to another file. I need it in .bat script. I tried this, first.txt I love to write script type first.txt >> out.txt type first.txt >> out.txt out.txt I love to write scriptI love to write script you see the second... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ilugopal
1 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

.bat script help

hi I need to rediret an content of one file and append it to another file. I need it in .bat script. I tried this, first.txt I love to write script type first.txt >> out.txt type first.txt >> out.txt out.txt I love to write scriptI love to write script you see the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilugopal
6 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Executing .bat file

Hi , I have a bat file on windows machine ,I need to excute it from my local unix machine using sambe utility.Is there any comman to execute the .bat file remotely. Using samba utility i can post files to and fro from windows to unix but i don't comman to exute the .bat file. can any one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raamc
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

bat to shell

I have serverfiles of same game. and there are bat files. I wont to run this on debian. The files are difficult, eg :######################################################################## :# File name: server_start.bat :# Edited Last By: Mike Gleaves (ric) :# V 1.0 1-10-2008 :# Comment:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Qentinios
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with bat file!!!

I need to put/get files from Windows machine to Unix machine and vice-versa. I wrote a text file "ftp1.txt" as below. naga naga06 cd /root/Naga prom off get time.unl bye I wrote another bat file "ftp.bat" as below. ftp -n -s:C:\Users\Naga\Desktop\ftp1.txt IP_ADDRESS but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naga06
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

BAT to SH help

First off, let me apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong place! I am a newbie to this forum, to shell scripting and to Linux so please bare with me. I created a script on the windows environment that makes a call to a java application and extracts a return value from the java app. It... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: arod291
7 Replies
DateTime::TimeZone::Local::Win32(3)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       DateTime::TimeZone::Local::Win32(3)

NAME
DateTime::TimeZone::Local::Win32 - Determine the local system's time zone on Windows VERSION
version 1.63 SYNOPSIS
my $tz = DateTime::TimeZone->new( name => 'local' ); my $tz = DateTime::TimeZone::Local->TimeZone(); DESCRIPTION
This module provides methods for determining the local time zone on a Windows platform. HOW THE TIME ZONE IS DETERMINED
This class tries the following methods of determining the local time zone: o $ENV{TZ} It checks $ENV{TZ} for a valid time zone name. o Windows Registry When using the registry, we look for the Windows time zone and use a mapping to translate this to an Olson time zone name. o Windows Vista and 2008 We look in "SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Control/TimeZoneInformation/" for a node named "/TimeZoneKeyName". If this exists, we use this key to look up the Olson time zone name in our mapping. o Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 2003 Server We look in "SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows NT/CurrentVersion/Time Zones/" and loop through all of its sub keys. For each sub key, we compare the value of the key with "/Std" appended to the end to the value of "SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Control/TimeZoneInformation/StandardName". This gives us the English name of the Windows time zone, which we use to look up the Olson time zone name. o Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Millenium Edition The algorithm is the same as for NT, but we loop through the sub keys of "SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Time Zones/" AUTHOR
Dave Rolsky <autarch@urth.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2013 by Dave Rolsky. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-10-28 DateTime::TimeZone::Local::Win32(3)