Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash- Command run from script does not pass full parameters with spaces inside Post 302655809 by methyl on Wednesday 13th of June 2012 06:54:23 PM
Old 06-13-2012
Quote:
#!/bin/bash

stuff="./RunDiag.js param1:'string one here' param2:'string two here'"
$stuff
Why so complicated?

Try:
Code:
#!/bin/bash
./RunDiag.js 'param1:string one here' 'param2:string two here'

Last edited by methyl; 06-13-2012 at 07:56 PM.. Reason: grammar

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to pass two or more parameters to the main in shell script

Hey Guys from the below script what I understood is we are sending the the first parameter as input to the main (){} file main > $LOGFILE 2>&1 but can we send two or three parameter as input to this main file as main > $LOGFILE 2>&1 2>&2 like this Can any one plz help I need to writ a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinky
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run the command inside perl script

I have a command which will run fine in a unix command prompt. Can you tell how to interprete this command inside perl script...... The command is : perl -pe 's/(\|333\}.*)\}$/$1|1.6}/' FIA.txt This will search for the number 333 and appends 1.6 at the end of that line....... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinay123
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass parameters transparently into a sub script

Hi, I am trying to write a script like this: #!/bin/ksh #script name: msgflow #The awk commands for Solaris and Linux are incompatible if ] then msgflow-solaris $* elif ] then msgflow-linux $* fi This script is shared by a file system which is visible to both... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: danielnpu
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to pass parameters to working and tested awk script

I have a working and tested AWK script that removes duplicates from an input file and generates an output file without the duplicates. I had help from my other post to develop it: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: script_op2a
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help! command working ok when executed in command line, but fails when run inside a script!

Hi everyone, when executing this command in unix: echo "WM7 Fatal Alerts:", $(cat query1.txt) > a.csvIt works fine, but running this command in a shell script gives an error saying that there's a syntax error. here is content of my script: tdbsrvr$ vi hc.sh "hc.sh" 22 lines, 509... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 4dirk1
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Preserve extented ascii character when run echo comand inside bash script

Hi everyone, I'm echo some text with extended ascii characters as below: echo -e "Pr\xE9sentation du spectacle" > output or echo -e "Présentation du spectacle" > outputIf I open the file created I see this text Présentation du spectacleThe text is shown correctly in this created file when... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass Parameters to awk command

I need to pass values at runtime for the below awk command where l is the length and partial.txt is the file name. awk -v l=285 '{s="%-"l"s\n";printf(s,$0);}' partial.txt > temp1.txt; (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amrutha24
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run bash command inside zsh script

Hi, I would like to run following code in bash inside a zsh script. (In this case is output unfortunately very different if you run it in zsh). I tried to put "bash" in front of the code but I obtained following error message "bash: do: No such file or directory " eve though I merged the whole... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamcamonty
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Listen sharp time to run a command inside a script

Hello, Just wondered if there is any possibility to run a command at sharp time inside a script in linux. My question is not about crontab Example: #!/bin/bash cd /home/database for i in * do command 1 if time is 19:00, day is Monday then run command2 if time is 20:00, day is... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing sed command inside a bash script

I want to run commands inside a bash script. An example is I want to pass the command in a string as regexp as an argument to the script, then run sed on the bash variable sed.sh regexp sed.sh "-i \"s/<p>//g\"" then call sed "$regexp" $fl (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kangol
3 Replies
uudemon(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							uudemon(4)

NAME
uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour, uudemon.poll - Administrative shell scripts for polling remote systems, cleaning up spool directories, reporting status to the system administrator, and routine invocations of the uuxqt and uusched daemons SYNOPSIS
These shell scripts reside in the following directory: /usr/lib/uucp DESCRIPTION
All the scripts can be run from the command line or can be run automatically by the cron daemon. To automatically run the scripts, remove the comment character (#) from the beginning of the relevant line in the /var/spool/cron/crontabs/uucp file. This script reports status to the system administrator. It issues the uustat command to find out the status of uucp jobs. It mails the results to the uucp login ID. The script may be modified to send mail to any login ID such as the uucp administrative login ID (uucpa) or root. This script cleans up the /var/spool/uucp and /var/spool/uucppublic directories by running the uucleanup command. The uucleanup com- mand is run with the following parameters: -C7, -D7, X2, -o2, -W1. This script runs the uusched and uuxqt daemons in the background. This script polls the systems listed in the /usr/lib/uucp/Poll file. The uudemon.poll script should be scheduled before the uudemon.hour script. This allows uudemon.poll to create any command files before cron runs the uudemon.hour script. FILES
Contains the uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour and uudemon.poll files. Contains the uucp file. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: cron(8), uucleanup(8), uusched(8), uuxqt(1) Files: /usr/lib/uucp delim off uudemon(4)