Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Creating a new percentage summary file Post 302655681 by joeyg on Wednesday 13th of June 2012 01:53:15 PM
Old 06-13-2012
what about something like:

Without doing it all....
Notes
my 2nd command is only to show the stored value
I guessed that the valid data lines had 0.1. in them

Code:
$ d1=`grep Bacteria  <sample14.txt | cut -f6`

$ echo $d1

$ grep "0\.1\." <sample14.txt | awk -v d1=$d1 '{p1=$6/d1; print $3,$6,p1}'
Prevotellaceae 923 0.277761
Prevotella 658 0.198014
unclassified 658 0.198014
Xylanibacter 3 0.000902799
unclassified 3 0.000902799
uncultured 262 0.0788444
unclassified 262 0.0788444
RF16 14 0.00421306

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create Summary file containg information

Folks, I have multiple files in a folder containing some information (there is around 100 of them). What I would like to do would be able to import some of the information into a summary text file so that it will be easier to read a glance. The name of the files all start with the naming... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lodey
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to find the percentage of the directory in the file system.

Hi All, I want to find the percentage occupied by the directory in the file system. Say, i have the file system /home/arun/work under this file system i have the directories /home/arun/work/yesterday /home/arun/work/today /home/arun/work/tomorrow The size of the file system is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arunprasad
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to count percentage from log file

Hi, I have a log like this : actually i want to get the log like this : where % can get from : 100 * pmTotNoRrcConnectReqSucc / pmTotNoRrcConnectReq Thanks in advance.. :) (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: justbow
8 Replies

4. AIX

File system percentage to the hole size ?

Hi, I'd like to know how can I figure out my disk space area on AIX machine, for example to the situation of ( df -g ) which I have in my system : the area used by (/opt/oracle) file system is (98%) now. the free area on (/opt/oracle) is (0.75) now. the total size in Gigabyte... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arm
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk to create a summary of a structured file

I am trying to use awk to create a summary of a structured file. Here is what it looks like: (random text) H1 H2 H3 H4 44 78 99 30 31 -- 32 21 12 33 55 21 I'd like to be able to specify a column, say H2, and then have information about that column printed. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: afulldevnull
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate what percentage of X value is there in the file?

Input File: 5081 2058 175 8282 2358 7347 6612 3459 END OF INPUT FILE I need to know how to calculate minimum,maximum,average of the values in the file and also what percentage is the values over some user defined value for example 1000 and what percentage of value is over 5000. By... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aroragaurav.84
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Summary report csv file

Hello, I have 2 csv files with 4 columns each. file1.csv A, AA, AAA, AAAA B, BB, BBB, BBBB file2.csv C, CC, CCC, CCCC D, DD, DDD, DDDD I would like to use shell commands (sed, awk...) to copy the content of the 2 files (2x4 columns) into a final csv template file. Expected... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: inMyZone35
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with awk percentage calculation from a file

i have a file say test with the below mentioned details Folder Name Total space Space used /test/test1 500.1GB 112.0 GB /test/test2 3.2 TB 5TB /test/test3 3TB 100GB i need to calculate percentage of each row based on total space and space used and copy... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkitesh
9 Replies
DH_INSTALLDEB(1)						     Debhelper							  DH_INSTALLDEB(1)

NAME
dh_installdeb - install files into the DEBIAN directory SYNOPSIS
dh_installdeb [debhelperoptions] DESCRIPTION
dh_installdeb is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing files into the DEBIAN directories in package build directories with the correct permissions. FILES
package.postinst package.preinst package.postrm package.prerm These maintainer scripts are installed into the DEBIAN directory. Inside the scripts, the token #DEBHELPER# is replaced with shell script snippets generated by other debhelper commands. package.triggers package.shlibs These control files are installed into the DEBIAN directory. package.conffiles This control file will be installed into the DEBIAN directory. In v3 compatibility mode and higher, all files in the etc/ directory in a package will automatically be flagged as conffiles by this program, so there is no need to list them manually here. package.maintscript Lines in this file correspond to dpkg-maintscript-helper(1) commands and parameters. Any shell metacharacters will be escaped, so arbitrary shell code cannot be inserted here. For example, a line such as "mv_conffile /etc/oldconffile /etc/newconffile" will insert maintainer script snippets into all maintainer scripts sufficient to move that conffile. A versioned Pre-Dependency on dpkg is needed to use dpkg-maintscript-helper(1). An appropriate Pre-Dependency is set in ${misc:Pre-Depends} ; you should make sure to put that token into an appropriate place in your debian/control file. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 9.20120909 2011-09-12 DH_INSTALLDEB(1)