Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Application running too slow on Sun SPARC T5440 but run normal on sun M3000 Post 302655575 by hergp on Wednesday 13th of June 2012 10:53:54 AM
Old 06-13-2012
I am not aware of any way to combine the computing power of several cores for one single thread, it's just how the CPU is designed.
This User Gave Thanks to hergp For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Difference between sun sparc 32-bit and sun sparc 64-bit

Hi , could you please clarify me the difference between sun sparc 32-bit and sun sparc 64-bit? means on which processors these are supporting (pentium processors, sun sparc processors) Regards, Rajesh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pmrajesh21
1 Replies

2. High Performance Computing

Normal (not crossover) cable for Sun cluster interconnect..

Hi grus, has anybody tried for Sun cluster interconnect normal cable ,, I mean not interconnect .. What do u think ..does it support this ? Not long ago I tried Veritas cluster and its interconnections work great with normal cable .. I wonder what will Sun cluster say to it :)) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samar
3 Replies

3. Solaris

SUN T5240 vs M3000

Hi, We are planning to buy new server for our data center. Sun T5240 or M3000 which one have better performance, we are going to create many dt sessions in this server. So, i need your suggestions. RJS (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajasekg
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Adding new hard drives on Sun SPARC T5440 server with Solaris 10

I need to add two new hard drives of 300 GB capacity to a SunSPARC T5440 server. The server currently has two hard drives of 146 GB each. How do I add the new drives to the existing UFS? What are the procedures involved in setting this server with the new hard drives? I am very new to Solaris... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramatnmcc
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Usb driver update on Sun T5440

I need a help to find the patch for solaris to fix USB drivers issue on Solaris 10. The server has a PCIE card which is not recognised by the OS. I run #fmadm faulty command which report issue and recommandation to apply the new patch. I got a reference to //sun.com/msg/PCIEX-8000-6D but... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: espengongo
0 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

disk replacment, SUN M3000

we have a SUN M3000 server. setup as only 1 domain. disk c0t0d0 and c0t1d0 and setup as SVM mirrors. a few days ago disk T1 failed. new we have replaced the disk, but can's see the disk in format. have done cfgadm and devfsadm. still can't access the new disk in format. the output... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: robsonde
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Start /SYS on SUN SPARC does not start machine [SUN SPARC ENTERPRISE T-5240]

-> start /SYS Are you sure you want to start /SYS (y/n)? y Starting /SYS ]-> show HOST /HOST Targets: bootmode diag domain Properties: autorestart = reset autorunonerror = false bootfailrecovery = poweroff ... (29 Replies)
Discussion started by: z_haseeb
29 Replies
CRITICAL_ENTER(9)					   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual					 CRITICAL_ENTER(9)

NAME
critical_enter, critical_exit -- enter and exit a critical region SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/param.h> #include <sys/systm.h> void critical_enter(void); void critical_exit(void); DESCRIPTION
These functions are used to prevent preemption in a critical region of code. All that is guaranteed is that the thread currently executing on a CPU will not be preempted. Specifically, a thread in a critical region will not migrate to another CPU while it is in a critical region. The current CPU may still trigger faults and exceptions during a critical section; however, these faults are usually fatal. The critical_enter() and critical_exit() functions manage a per-thread counter to handle nested critical sections. If a thread is made runnable that would normally preempt the current thread while the current thread is in a critical section, then the preemption will be deferred until the current thread exits the outermost critical section. Note that these functions are not required to provide any inter-CPU synchronization, data protection, or memory ordering guarantees and thus should not be used to protect shared data structures. These functions should be used with care as an infinite loop within a critical region will deadlock the CPU. Also, they should not be inter- locked with operations on mutexes, sx locks, semaphores, or other synchronization primitives. One exception to this is that spin mutexes include a critical section, so in certain cases critical sections may be interlocked with spin mutexes. HISTORY
These functions were introduced in FreeBSD 5.0. BSD
October 5, 2005 BSD