Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Need help with 2 similar commands with different outputs Post 302655533 by RedSpyder on Wednesday 13th of June 2012 09:50:19 AM
Old 06-13-2012
Yeah the problem is that I didnt used "" around $TIME. Put them and it worked.

Thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

I may have accidentally redefined one of the outputs...

I get unexpected results when doing ls -al | more and ls -al | grep. When I do not pipe the output, it comes to the screen just fine, and there is output! When I pipe to another command, I either get nothing, or else I get a strange dump. Which of the outputs have I accidentally affected?... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joang
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing outputs using awk.

I have a output of a command like this. the command is : bdf|sed '/^e/d'|awk '{print$2/1048576}' output : 0 0.515625 0.481979 2 2 2 7.8125 4 2 0.488281 7.8125 3.90625 4 1.95312 1 0.488281 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krrishv
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

LotusScript similar to shell commands - need help

I am running the following commands but only the second part executes. I can't get the file to exit if the first statement is true, anyone have an idea? I know it's not UNIX but this is the best crowd for knowledge in all fields... Sub Querysave(Source As Notesuidocument, Continue As Variant)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bushey1
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare 2 outputs

Hello, I have a shell script that is used as follows: ./script -s <Oracle_server_name> the script returns several lines in this format: parameter name required value Current Value comments --------------- ------------- -------------- --------- My objective now is to compare 2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Multiple Substring Outputs

Hello, I am reading a file with millions of lines in it. Each line is big line containing several xml tags. I need to Output just the value of two tags in a seperate flat file. For eg- I need to output whats present in <ComponentName> something </ComponentName> and another tag is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnybehl
2 Replies

6. Programming

strcat outputs garbage

Anyone have any ideas why when using strcat function I would get some garbage at the beginning of the output string? what I'm doing is something like the following example. Code: char temp; char tempHolder; for(int i=0;i<something;i++){ sprintf(temp,"%u ", someVariable);... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: airon23bball
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

create outputs from other command outputs

hi friends, The code: i=1 while do filename=`/usr/bin/ls -l| awk '{ print $9}'` echo $filename>>summary.csv #Gives the name of the file stored at column 9 count=`wc -l $filename | awk '{print $1}'` echo $count>>summary.csv #Gives just the count of lines of file "filename" i=`expr... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajsharma
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing outputs into variables

I need to know how to store output from one command so that it can initiate another command. chktraf -s | cut -c1-4 output would look like 321 142 256 342 123 Then if the value of the output = 0, then initiate next command. if then for xx in 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 do ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shaun74
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AWK - Different outputs *Question*

I'm having a small issue with AWK: I run this in PUTTY: awk 'BEGIN{FS=","}NR==FNR{A=$1;next}{if (A==$1) print $0}' FILE1 FILE2 And it gives me the output that I expect. I wanted to create a file.awk file that i could just run instead of typing this out all the time. But its not giving my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: WongSifu
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Comparing wc outputs using array

Hi All, Im trying to compare the wc -l output with another set of rowcount outputs which returned from sql... For Eg : Im storing the first outputs as below <srccnt=`wc -l $HOME/*.csv | awk {'print $1'}` and comparing this with the another set of outputs. descnt=`seclect count(*)... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deena1984
7 Replies
NetSDS::Util::DateTime(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       NetSDS::Util::DateTime(3pm)

NAME
NetSDS::Util::DateTime - common date/time processing routines SYNOPSIS
use NetSDS::Util::DateTime; print "Current date: " . date_now(); DESCRIPTION
This package provides set of routines for date and time processing. EXPORTED FUNCTIONS
date_now_array([TIME]) Returns array of date items for given date. If source date is not set current date used. date_now([TIME]) Return [given] date as string. 2001-12-23 14:39:53 date_now_iso8601([TIME]) Return date as ISO 8601 string. 20011223T14:39:53Z <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601> http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-datetime <http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-datetime> date_strip(DATE) Trim miliseconds from date. date_date(DATE) Trim time part from date. date_time(DATE) Trim date part from date. time_from_string($string) Return parsed date/time structure. date_from_string($string) Return date from string representation. date_inc([INCREMENT, [TIME]]) Return date incremented with given number of seconds. date_inc_string([INCREMENT, [TIME]]) Return string representation of date incremented with given number of seconds. EXAMPLES
None yet BUGS
Unknown yet SEE ALSO
Date::Parse, Date::Format TODO
Import stuff from Wono project AUTHOR
Valentyn Solomko <val@pere.org.ua> Michael Bochkaryov <misha@rattler.kiev.ua> perl v5.12.4 2011-08-27 NetSDS::Util::DateTime(3pm)