Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Application running too slow on Sun SPARC T5440 but run normal on sun M3000 Post 302655523 by insatiable1610 on Wednesday 13th of June 2012 09:48:04 AM
Old 06-13-2012
My application is a third-party application so i can't change, please help me find any process, thread or commands of OS in my application using a lot of computing power on thread . I can request my software vendors to review it.
Many thanks for your help.

Last edited by insatiable1610; 06-13-2012 at 09:54 PM..

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Difference between sun sparc 32-bit and sun sparc 64-bit

Hi , could you please clarify me the difference between sun sparc 32-bit and sun sparc 64-bit? means on which processors these are supporting (pentium processors, sun sparc processors) Regards, Rajesh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pmrajesh21
1 Replies

2. High Performance Computing

Normal (not crossover) cable for Sun cluster interconnect..

Hi grus, has anybody tried for Sun cluster interconnect normal cable ,, I mean not interconnect .. What do u think ..does it support this ? Not long ago I tried Veritas cluster and its interconnections work great with normal cable .. I wonder what will Sun cluster say to it :)) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samar
3 Replies

3. Solaris

SUN T5240 vs M3000

Hi, We are planning to buy new server for our data center. Sun T5240 or M3000 which one have better performance, we are going to create many dt sessions in this server. So, i need your suggestions. RJS (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajasekg
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Adding new hard drives on Sun SPARC T5440 server with Solaris 10

I need to add two new hard drives of 300 GB capacity to a SunSPARC T5440 server. The server currently has two hard drives of 146 GB each. How do I add the new drives to the existing UFS? What are the procedures involved in setting this server with the new hard drives? I am very new to Solaris... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramatnmcc
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Usb driver update on Sun T5440

I need a help to find the patch for solaris to fix USB drivers issue on Solaris 10. The server has a PCIE card which is not recognised by the OS. I run #fmadm faulty command which report issue and recommandation to apply the new patch. I got a reference to //sun.com/msg/PCIEX-8000-6D but... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: espengongo
0 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

disk replacment, SUN M3000

we have a SUN M3000 server. setup as only 1 domain. disk c0t0d0 and c0t1d0 and setup as SVM mirrors. a few days ago disk T1 failed. new we have replaced the disk, but can's see the disk in format. have done cfgadm and devfsadm. still can't access the new disk in format. the output... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: robsonde
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Start /SYS on SUN SPARC does not start machine [SUN SPARC ENTERPRISE T-5240]

-> start /SYS Are you sure you want to start /SYS (y/n)? y Starting /SYS ]-> show HOST /HOST Targets: bootmode diag domain Properties: autorestart = reset autorunonerror = false bootfailrecovery = poweroff ... (29 Replies)
Discussion started by: z_haseeb
29 Replies
PTHREAD_DETACH(3)					     Linux Programmer's Manual						 PTHREAD_DETACH(3)

NAME
pthread_detach - detach a thread SYNOPSIS
#include <pthread.h> int pthread_detach(pthread_t thread); Compile and link with -pthread. DESCRIPTION
The pthread_detach() function marks the thread identified by thread as detached. When a detached thread terminates, its resources are automatically released back to the system without the need for another thread to join with the terminated thread. Attempting to detach an already detached thread results in unspecified behavior. RETURN VALUE
On success, pthread_detach() returns 0; on error, it returns an error number. ERRORS
EINVAL thread is not a joinable thread. ESRCH No thread with the ID thread could be found. CONFORMING TO
POSIX.1-2001. NOTES
Once a thread has been detached, it can't be joined with pthread_join(3) or be made joinable again. A new thread can be created in a detached state using pthread_attr_setdetachstate(3) to set the detached attribute of the attr argument of pthread_create(3). The detached attribute merely determines the behavior of the system when the thread terminates; it does not prevent the thread from being terminated if the process terminates using exit(3) (or equivalently, if the main thread returns). Either pthread_join(3) or pthread_detach() should be called for each thread that an application creates, so that system resources for the thread can be released. (But note that the resources of all threads are freed when the process terminates.) EXAMPLE
The following statement detaches the calling thread: pthread_detach(pthread_self()); SEE ALSO
pthread_attr_setdetachstate(3), pthread_cancel(3), pthread_create(3), pthread_exit(3), pthread_join(3), pthreads(7) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.25 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2008-11-27 PTHREAD_DETACH(3)