Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Script to copy files from a certain date Post 302655419 by jawsnnn on Wednesday 13th of June 2012 07:01:10 AM
Old 06-13-2012
You can use find command. e.g.,

Assuming the date to be '1-Jan-2010' You could do this:

Code:
touch -t 1001011305 a # Create a dummy file with the required date time stamp (1-jan-2010)
find \( -newer a \) -exec cp {} target_dir \; # Find all files newer than the dummy file and move to target dir

Last edited by jawsnnn; 06-13-2012 at 09:00 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

copy files with date

Hi, I have a coupel of files in /tmp which I have to copy to /var. But I want their name to be same as the source with date suffix. But the problem is I don;t know the prefix of the file, I only know the suffix of file. AAA.997 ABC.997 ADC.997 The later part 997 is constant but the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: isingh786
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

script to rename files with current date and copy it.

I have few webservers logs like access.log. which would be growing everyday. what i do everyday is, take the backup of access.log as access.log_(currentdate) and nullify the access.log. So thought of writing a script... but stuck up in middle. My requirement: to take the backup and nullify... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: logic0
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can i copy files by date last modifed range?

When I do a ls -lt I get a list of files by date modified from newest to oldest. I would like to be able to copy some files to another directory using a date last modified range (i.e. Apr 30 - May 13) How could I do this? Thanks, Joe (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: geauxsaints
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to copy log files with today's date

I am a newbie to scripting. I need a korn shell script to copy log files of current day to archive folder and rename with current days date stamp. I would really appreciate your help. File structure is as follows. Everyday files get overwritten, so I need copy to a archive directory and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mdncan
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files based on date

Hi all i am having so many files in my directory.Is there any option to copy files based on date. example i am having file this -rw-rw-r-- 1 ram user 1 Feb 2 17:12 abc -rw-rw-r-- 1 ram user 1 Feb 2 17:12 bnw -rwxrwxr-x 1 ram user 21122 Feb 4... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryanarayana
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with script to copy/rename files, then delete by date

Hi All, I am new to scripting and am looking for some assistance setting up a script. Basically I need the script to scan a folder for the newest files and make a copy of those files, adding a month to the date stamp. I also need this script to delete the previously copied files to save space.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucid13
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to copy current date files to another dir

i have directory /abcd and i want to copy all today date files in /xyz directory. i am able to see the files by using below command but not able to understand copy. find . -mtime -1 -type f -exec ls -l {} \; (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to copy creation date over top of modified date?

Can someone draw up a script that for every file, folder and subfolder and files that will copy the creation date over top of the modified date?? I know how to touch every file recursively, but no idea how to read a files creation date then use that to touch the modification date of that file,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: toysareforboys
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Copy files in order of creation date

Hi everyone :-) I ran into a small issue. I would like to copy some files in the precise order they were created. So the oldest files should be copied first and the newest ones last. I tried cp -r $(ls -1t) ./destination but the files are still not sorted properly. I was thinking, that... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: officiallyme
11 Replies
fwtmp(1M)																 fwtmp(1M)

NAME
fwtmp, wtmpfix - manipulate connect accounting records SYNOPSIS
[files] DESCRIPTION
fwtmp reads from the standard input and writes to the standard output, converting binary records of the type found in to formatted ASCII records. The ASCII version is useful to enable editing, via ed(1), bad records or for general purpose maintenance of the file. The argument is used to denote that input is in ASCII form, and output is to be written in binary form. The arguments and are independent, respectively specifying ASCII input and binary output. Therefor, is an ASCII to ASCII copy and is a binary to binary copy. should be used for reading If is not used, structure is read. wtmpfix examines the standard input or named files in format, corrects the time/date stamps to make the entries consistent, and writes to the stan- dard output. A can be used in place of files to indicate the standard input. If time/date corrections are not performed, will fault when it encounters certain date-change records. Each time the date is set, a pair of date change records is written to The first record is the old date denoted by the string old time placed in the line field and the flag placed in the type field of the structure. The second record specifies the new date, and is denoted by the string placed in the line field and the flag placed in the type field. uses these records to synchronize all time stamps in the file. nullifies date change records when writing to the standard output by setting the time field of the structure in the old date change record equal to the time field in the new date change record. This prevents and from factoring in a date change record pair more than once. In addition to correcting time/date stamps, wtmpfix checks the validity of the name field to ensure that it consists solely of alphanumeric characters or spaces. If it encounters a name that is considered invalid, it changes the login name to and writes a diagnostic to the standard error. This minimizes the risk that will fail when processing connect accounting records. DIAGNOSTICS
wtmpfix generates the following diagnostics messages: WARNINGS
generates no errors, even on garbage input. FILES
SEE ALSO
ed(1), acct(1M), acctcms(1M), acctcom(1M), acctcon(1M), acctmerg(1M), acctprc(1M), acctsh(1M), runacct(1M), acct(2), acct(4), utmp(4), wtmps(4). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
fwtmp(1M)