Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux system
Operating Systems Linux Linux system Post 302655353 by billcrosby on Wednesday 13th of June 2012 05:19:57 AM
Old 06-13-2012
Great thanks for your help.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

2 in 1 Linux system

i have heard that you can have 2 computers running and mak it so one syste will use the other systems CPU though the network or some thing like that. first, is this true? if so how do i set it up with Mandrake 9.2 or higher? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: linux_newbe
6 Replies

2. Homework & Coursework Questions

Operating system LINUX

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Write a C program that accepts 3 parameters. Each parameter indicates the quantity of product to be produced.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: paradise
0 Replies

3. AIX

Accessing files on AIX system from Linux system

I have a following requirement in production system 1 : LINUX User: abcd system 2: AIX (it is hosting a production DB) Requirement user abcd from system 1 should have read access on archive log files created by DB on system 2. The log files are created with permissions 540 by user ora ,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitnm1106
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX file system to Linux file system migration

We would be migrating UNIX file system to Linux file system. We do have many directory and sub directories with files. after migrating unix to linux file system , i want to make sure all the files has been copied ? What would be the best approach to validate directory ,sub-directory and file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balajikalai
1 Replies

5. Programming

Linux/Solaris System Administrator to become a Linux/Solaris System Programmer?

Hi all What is the qualification required by Linux/Solaris System Administrator to become a Linux/Solaris System Programmer as to gain complete knowledge on computers. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tlogine
1 Replies

6. Linux

Best Linux monitoring system

Hi all, I'm looking for the best tool to monitor the Linux system. I've found a lot of interesting tools searching the web but I didn't find one which can do all the requirments (like a one in all tool). I would prefer it to include a command line interface also. Thank you, Andreea (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: andreea9322
0 Replies

7. Infrastructure Monitoring

Best system monitoring for Linux

Hi all, I'm looking for the best tool to monitor the Linux system. I've found a lot of interesting tools searching the web but I didn't find one which can do all the requirments (like a one in all tool). I would prefer it to include a command line interface also. Thank you, Andreea (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: andreea9322
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Please help Linux system is down...

System is down, I can't seem to get in. It's VM so I took screen shot and upload the file here. Its a RTF file format. when system comes up, I did press e then in the middle as you can see, I typed init=/bin/bash, I pressed CTRL -X. Then I should get prompt but not getting that. I get... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
4 Replies
PHEAR(6)							   Games Manual 							  PHEAR(6)

NAME
phear - enter the cavez of phear SYNOPSIS
phear [-e <level filename>] | [level name] OPTIONS
This program has several arguments: -e Start editor instead of game on a specific level. level name Name of the level to play, f.ex 01 level filename Filename of the level to edit. f.ex /usr/share/phear/data/levels/01 DESCRIPTION
This is a boulder dash type of game, for terminals. You walk around in a ASCII underground cave system, where you need to keep clear of boulders falling down while you are digging through the dirt searching for diamonds. To play you have to know these keys: right - move right left - move left up - move up down - move down b - place bomb t - detonate bombs q - leave game By picking up a diamond (*) you get 10 points, picking up money ($) gives you 100 points. You get one extra life for every 1000 points you score. Move around with the arrow keys or the 2-4-8-6 keys. Press 'k' to commit suicide if you should get stuck. Got the bombs (%)? Great! Press 'b' to place them, and 't' to detonate them all at once. Note that the bombs you place will act just like stones, affected by gravity, rolling, and so on.. Watch out for monsters (M) -- if they catch you, you will die. To fight back, drop stones on them or blow them up using your bombs. Pressing 's' will enable/disable sound, 'w' will highlight your current position. EDITOR
The editor has its own keys you need to know: 0-9 - Keys 0-9 places objects s - Saves the map l - Enables lock-mode (lets you draw continuously using the arrow-keys) q - Quits the editor AUTHOR
Cavez of Phear was written by Tom Rune Flo <tom@x86.no>. This manual page was written by Hakon Nessjoen <haakon.nessjoen@gmail.com>, with parts of it written by Tom Rune Flo <tom@x86.no>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). November 30, 2011 PHEAR(6)