Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX HACMP 5.4.1->5.5 offline upgrade - different instance numbers ? Post 302655313 by bakunin on Wednesday 13th of June 2012 04:22:59 AM
Old 06-13-2012
Might this fix IZ14738 apply to your problem? See the following link for details:

IBM IZ14738: INSTANCE NUMBER DISCREPANCY LEADS TO PARTITIONED CLUSTER

I hope this helps.

bakunin

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Upgrade Hacmp to 5.4

Anyone ever did the upgrade before from 5.1? Any tips? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: adiriot
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace first instance(not first instance in line)

Alright, I think I know what I am doing with sed(which probably means I don't). But I cant figure out how to replace just the first occurance of a string. I have tried sed, ed, and grep but can't seem to figure it out. If you have any suggestions I am open to anything! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: IronHorse7
3 Replies

3. AIX

hacmp upgrade with db2

Hi All, My company is going to upgrade the db2 on the one node hacmp, I think there's one backup. After the upgrade of the db2. Do I need to restart cluster and server? I mean, do a graceful shutdown of the cluster, reboot the server and do a cluster start. Is that it? Do I need to reboot... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

4. AIX

upgrade hacmp

Hi, I need to upgrade one of my clusters from HACMP 5.41 to HACMP 6.1. Is there an easy + clean way to do it ? Any hurdles I have to anticipate? What should I read - anything I found so far seems to talk only about HACMP 5.x - and looks pretty straight forward. Thanks and regards zxmaus (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zxmaus
1 Replies

5. AIX

MQ upgrade(ver.6to7) in a HACMP cluster

Hi What is the procedure to upgrade the MQ from 6 to 7 in aix hacmp cluster. Do i need to bring down the cluster services running in both the nodes and then give #smitty installp in both the nodes separately. Please assist... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
0 Replies

6. AIX

HACMP does not start db2 after failover (db2nodes not getting modified by hacmp)

hi, when I do a failover, hacmp always starts db2 but recently it fails to start db2..noticed the issue is db2nodes.cfg is not modified by hacmp and is still showing primary node..manually changed the node name to secondary after which db2 started immediately..unable to figure out why hacmp is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gkr747
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in getting the oracle instance name which is offline in 10g through shell scripting

:wall:Hi, I am not sure whether i can post this question in this forum or not. because it is not completely releated to unix, but also oracle. My question is, How can we know the instance name(particularly the last number, eg., in INST_DB12, i need 12) when it is OFFLINE(i.e., down)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dpu
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed to put instance numbers

Hi All I need help am having a source file as below emp dept class subclass region country division first i need to get line count and i need to divide by 3 it is an parameter passing value number of lines 7 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragu.selvaraj
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help extracting single instance of numbers which repeat

Hi, the title isn't very descriptive but it'll be easier to explain what I need if I write out the coordinates from which I need to extract certain information: ATOM 2521 C MAM X 61 44.622 49.357 12.584 1.00 0.00 C ATOM 2522 H MAM X 61 43.644 49.102 12.205 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: crunchgargoyle
10 Replies
DH_SYSTEMD_START(1)						     Debhelper						       DH_SYSTEMD_START(1)

NAME
dh_systemd_start - start/stop/restart systemd unit files SYNOPSIS
dh_systemd_start [debhelperoptions] [--restart-after-upgrade] [--no-stop-on-upgrade] [unitfile...] DESCRIPTION
dh_systemd_start is a debhelper program that is responsible for starting/stopping or restarting systemd unit files in case no corresponding sysv init script is available. As with dh_installinit, the unit file is stopped before upgrades and started afterwards (unless --restart-after-upgrade is specified, in which case it will only be restarted after the upgrade). This logic is not used when there is a corresponding SysV init script because invoke-rc.d performs the stop/start/restart in that case. OPTIONS
--restart-after-upgrade Do not stop the unit file until after the package upgrade has been completed. This is the default behaviour in compat 10. In earlier compat levels the default was to stop the unit file in the prerm, and start it again in the postinst. This can be useful for daemons that should not have a possibly long downtime during upgrade. But you should make sure that the daemon will not get confused by the package being upgraded while it's running before using this option. --no-restart-after-upgrade Undo a previous --restart-after-upgrade (or the default of compat 10). If no other options are given, this will cause the service to be stopped in the prerm script and started again in the postinst script. -r, --no-stop-on-upgrade, --no-restart-on-upgrade Do not stop service on upgrade. --no-start Do not start the unit file after upgrades and after initial installation (the latter is only relevant for services without a corresponding init script). NOTES
Note that this command is not idempotent. dh_prep(1) should be called between invocations of this command (with the same arguments). Otherwise, it may cause multiple instances of the same text to be added to maintainer scripts. Note that dh_systemd_start should be run after dh_installinit so that it can detect corresponding SysV init scripts. The default sequence in dh does the right thing, this note is only relevant when you are calling dh_systemd_start manually. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) AUTHORS
pkg-systemd-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_SYSTEMD_START(1)