Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Finding/Grep on files with date and hour in the file name Post 302655197 by mihirvora16 on Wednesday 13th of June 2012 01:21:18 AM
Old 06-13-2012
No i dont want hour in the search criteria basically i want to loop over all the hours of the day but just the pattern search should happen over a selected file i.e. ABC_<Date>_<Hour>.txt as the file is present under all the hour dirs under a specific date...
Its like 00-23 hours for a day dir and ABC_* file under all the hours dir...
got me?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding mail per hour

Hi, i have a logfile of a mail server it looks like this: d k 1004210238.380677500 1004210238.454490500 1004210238.679567500 3621 <VOLENDAM@Malawi.com> local.EDAM@Frankrijk.com 6053 81 I have got the following script to set the time in normal gmt time and to filter de failed messages, but i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prince2
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get date and time for past 1 hour from current date

Hi, I need to get the date and time for past 1 hour from the current date. Anyone know how to do so? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: spch2o
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare file timestamp with current date. Diff must be 1 hour.

Hello, I've created the script below to compare the content of two files with a delay of an hour. After an hour, the lines that exist in both files, will be printed and executed. The script now uses a counter to countdown 50 minutes. But what I would prefer is to check the file timestamp of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: taipan
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep string from logs of last 1 hour on files of 2 different servers and calculate count

Hi, I am trying to grep a particular string from the files of 2 different servers without copying and calculate the total count of its occurence on both files. File structure is same on both servers and for reference as follows: 27-Aug-2010... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: poweroflinux
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding files for a date

Hi, I have a directory with files from past 2 years.I need to find all the files for a specific date . Due to certain reasons I could not use this command in my process find . -type f \( -newer /tmp/May-1-2007 -a ! -newer... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raamc
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding the files based on date..

Hi to every one , i had ascenario like this.. i had path like export/home/pmutv/test/ in this i will recive 43 files daily with each file having that days date i.e like product.sh.20110512 like this i will 43 files every day i had to find the files. if files are avaliable i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: apple2685
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding the previous day date and creating a file with date

Hi guys, I had a scenario... 1. I had to get the previous days date in yyyymmdd format 2. i had to create a file with Date inthe format yyyymmdd.txt format both are different thanks guys in advance.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: apple2685
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding date numeral from file and check the validity of date format

hi there I have file names in different format as below triss_20111117_fxcb.csv triss_fxcb_20111117.csv xpnl_hypo_reu_miplvdone_11172011.csv xpnl_hypo_reu_miplvdone_11-17-2011.csv xpnl_hypo_reu_miplvdone_20111117.csv xpnl_hypo_reu_miplvdone_20111117xfb.csv... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Finding/Grep on files with date and hour in the file name

Hi, I have a folder structure as follows, DATA -> 2012-01-01 -> 00 -> ABC_2012-01-03_00.txt -> 01 -> ABC_2012-01-03_01.txt -> 02 -> ABC_2012-01-03_02.txt ... -> 23 -> ABC_2012-01-03_02.txt -> 2012-01-02 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mihirvora16
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep in a log file within a time range (hour)

Hi, im trying to write a grep script that returns me the last inputs added in the last hour in the log file. Literally i have nothing yet but: grep 'Line im looking for' LOGFILE.log | tail -1 this only gives me the last input, but no necessarily from the last hour. Help Please. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: blacksteel1988
4 Replies
XCLIP-COPYFILE(1)					      General Commands Manual						 XCLIP-COPYFILE(1)

NAME
xclip-copyfile, xclip-cutfile, xclip-pastefile - copy and move files via the X clipboard SYNOPSIS
xclip-copyfile [-p] FILES... xclip-cutfile [-p] FILES... xclip-pastefile DESCRIPTION
xclip-copyfile copies files into the X clipboard, recursing into directories. xclip-cutfile copies the files, but also deletes them afterwards. -p preserve path formation xclip-pastefile pastes the files out of the clipboard EXAMPLES
Copying a file to a remote host [maggie.lkpg.cendio.se ~]$ echo "A file created on ${HOSTNAME}" > file1 [maggie.lkpg.cendio.se ~]$ xclip-copyfile file1 [sofie.homeip.net ~/doc]$ xclip-pastefile file1 [sofie.homeip.net ~/doc]$ cat file1 A file created on maggie.lkpg.cendio.se Copying an entire tree structure [sofie.homeip.net ~]$ xclip-copyfile doc [maggie.lkpg.cendio.se ~/tmp]$ xclip-pastefile doc/ doc/letter-mom-april.txt doc/file1 doc/letter-dad-march.txt Copying files with preserved path information [maggie.lkpg.cendio.se ~]$ xclip-copyfile -p /etc/sysconfig/grub tar: Removing leading `/' from member names [sofie.homeip.net ~/tmp]$ xclip-pastefile etc/sysconfig/grub [sofie.homeip.net ~/tmp]$ ls etc/sysconfig/grub etc/sysconfig/grub Moving files [sofie.homeip.net ~]$ ls letter-brother-may.txt letter-brother-may.txt [sofie.homeip.net ~]$ xclip-cutfile letter-brother-may.txt [sofie.homeip.net ~]$ ls letter-brother-may.txt ls: cannot access letter-brother-may.txt: No such file or directory [sofie.homeip.net ~]$ cd doc [sofie.homeip.net ~/doc]$ xclip-pastefile letter-brother-may.txt AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Maximilian Gass <mxey@cloudconnected.org> for the Debian project. It may be used for everything else, of course. XCLIP-COPYFILE(1)