Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting HTML Code to Run a Script from Remote Unix Host Post 302655123 by robinbannis on Tuesday 12th of June 2012 10:01:46 PM
Old 06-12-2012
HTML Code to Run a Script from Remote Unix Host

Hi All,

Noticed few posts around this but coudnt get exatcly what i wanted. Thanks for your help again.

I have a script running on a remote machine and i normally ssh from putty and run the script manually.

Is there anyway that i can write an HTML Code with a button so taht when I Click on a Button it will start the Script.

Can we pass arguments from HTML page? eg:- this Script has a Parameter, i would like to pass that from HTML page..

Did i ask this question in a right forum ?

Regards,
Robin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can my unix shell script automatically connect to remote host?

How can my unix shell script automatically connect to remote host? Assume that there is a remote host called "rhost". When I connect to that host i give the command "telnet rhost". It then asks me for my id and password. Once i give it connects there. I want to automate these steps. I want... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: digdarshan
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a shell script from one host which connext to remote host and run the commands

I want to write a script which would run from one host say A and connect to other remote host B and then run rest of commands in that host. I tried connecting from A host to B with SSH but after connecting to host B it just getting me inside Host B command prompt. Rest of the script is not running... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SN2009
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run a script on remote host

Hi, I wish to run a script located on a remote host machineB from machineA. I am using ssh and running the below on machineA. However, the ssh does not seem to work and freezes at ssh -l wlsadmin machineB -v Sun_SSH_1.1.2, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0x0090704f debug1: Reading... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: shifahim
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Plz help me using expect script for remote host

I am newbie in Unix and Expect script, so please help me :( I'm using expect script for remote another host: #!/usr/bin/expect -f set timeout 10 spawn ssh -l root 10.120.18.4 expect "password:" send "password\r" expect "@" interact And now how can i use expect script for access mysql... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wormym
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run a shell script on a remote host using ftp

Hi, is there a way I can run a shell script through ftp on a remote host? The remote host doesn't have ssh running so I can't use ssh. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrskittles99
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pause processes in remote host and resume execution in another remote host

Hi, Given addresses of 2 remote machines, using a shell script is it possible to get the state of running processes in "src" stop all the processes in "src" exit out of "src" ssh into "dest" resume the state of executing processes captured in step 1 in "dest" Assumption: "src" is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saeya Darsan
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run script on remote host

Hi friends, I have two servers. Server A and B. I want to run one script on server A by logging in to server B. Can anyone provide me code for this.? I tried it by using following ssh username@serverA ./script Then it prompt me the password. I give correct password of the server A. but it... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nakul_sh
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check/get the exit status of a remote command executed on remote host through script

Geeks, Could you please help me out in my script and identify the missing piece. I need to check/get the exit status of a remote command executed on remote host through script and send out an email when process/processes is/are not running on any/all server(s). Here's the complete... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovesaikrishna
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Last part of script to remote host not working...

Hi, I got most of the script working, last part which does the ssh to remote and execute the command not working. for SSH in ${HostList}; do echo ${SSH} echo "" SSH2SEND=ssh user@${SSH} curl -v $URL echo $SSH2SEND done error message I am getting ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run awk command on remote host

I have below command to check for error logs from last 24 hours from the file : /var/log/messages/ The command is working fine on the local host. sudo awk -F - -vDT="$(date --date="24 hours ago" "+%b %_d %H:%M:%S")" ' DT < $1' /var/log/messages | egrep -i "error|fail" I want to run the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
8 Replies
Test::Script(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Test::Script(3pm)

NAME
Test::Script - Basic cross-platform tests for scripts DESCRIPTION
The intent of this module is to provide a series of basic tests for 80% of the testing you will need to do for scripts in the script (or bin as is also commonly used) paths of your Perl distribution. Further, it aims to provide this functionality with perfect platform-compatibility, and in a way that is as unobtrusive as possible. That is, if the program works on a platform, then Test::Script should always work on that platform as well. Anything less than 100% is considered unacceptable. In doing so, it is hoped that Test::Script can become a module that you can safely make a dependency of all your modules, without risking that your module won't on some platform because of the dependency. Where a clash exists between wanting more functionality and maintaining platform safety, this module will err on the side of platform safety. FUNCTIONS
script_compiles script_compiles( 'script/foo.pl', 'Main script compiles' ); The "script_compiles" test calls the script with "perl -c script.pl", and checks that it returns without error. The path it should be passed is a relative unix-format script name. This will be localised when running "perl -c" and if the test fails the local name used will be shown in the diagnostic output. Note also that the test will be run with the same perl interpreter that is running the test script (and not with the default system perl). This will also be shown in the diagnostic output on failure. script_runs script_runs( 'script/foo.pl', 'Main script runs' ); The "script_runs" test executes the script with "perl script.pl" and checks that it returns success. The path it should be passed is a relative unix-format script name. This will be localised when running "perl -c" and if the test fails the local name used will be shown in the diagnostic output. The test will be run with the same perl interpreter that is running the test script (and not with the default system perl). This will also be shown in the diagnostic output on failure. SUPPORT
All bugs should be filed via the bug tracker at <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Test-Script> For other issues, or commercial enhancement and support, contact the author. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> SEE ALSO
prove, <http://ali.as/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.10.1 2009-11-24 Test::Script(3pm)