Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Csh script with Undefined variable error Post 302654441 by Scrutinizer on Tuesday 12th of June 2012 12:03:46 AM
Old 06-12-2012
It is not a csh script, but a sh script, so the shebang is wrong. My guess is, it has always been executed as sh /path/to/script, in which case the shebang is treated as comment and is disregarded.. Try with #!/bin/sh
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Prompting for Input - Getting Undefined Variable

#!/bin/csh -f echo "Enter MEUPS User Id :-" read UID echo "You entered $UID" --------------------------------------- Whn executed, I get an error message "UID: Undefined variable" (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kartheg
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

undefined variable error

Hi all, Im using a script which contains read command.. the script works perfectly but when I alias the script it gave "undifined variable" after I enter the read command input (variable)... Does any one know why ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yahyaaa
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

In a csh script, can I set a variable to the result of an SQLPLUS select query?

Can someone tell me why I'm getting error when I try to run this? #!/bin/csh -f source ~/.cshrc # set SQLPLUS = ${ORACLE_HOME}/bin/sqlplus # set count=`$SQLPLUS -s ${DB_LOGIN} << END select count(1) from put_groups where group_name='PC' and description='EOD_EVENT' and serial_number=1;... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gregrobinsonhd
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass enviroment variable from csh to Informix sql script

Hello, I have a csh script that creates an environment variable. I want to pass the environment variable(CURR_TABLE_DATE) to an Informix sql script. Here is the csh: #!/bin/csh -f setenv INFORMIXSERVER market3_tcp setenv CURR_TABLE_DATE 20090714 set DATABASE = gm_cdr set SQL_DIR =... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwoj
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Undefined variable in mv script

Hello, #this script renames schematic file for model year change #my = model year prefix my="lsd" for i in 'ls lsb*' do old=$i new='echo $i | cut - c4 - c30' mv $i $my$new end i: Undefined variable What am I missing or doing wrong? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dtrescott
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Undefined variable error in csh script

Below csh script gives error: Undefined variable:confused: #!/bin/csh $QUERY="netscape"; COUNT_NETSCAPE=${ps | grep -c $QUERY}; echo $COUNT_NETSCAPE; when run gives error adroit:/home/seo/hitendra 64 ] ./unix_6.sh QUERY: Undefined variable. What is the root cause of the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiten.r.chauhan
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Undefined variable and command not found

Below script cuts date part from the date entered by the user. #!/bin/csh echo 'Enter date in the format dd/mm/yyyy' read DATE DD=`echo $DATE | cut -c1-2` echo $DD; when debug with -x option , it works perfectly but without -x doesnot.:confused: $ sh -x unix_12.sh + echo Enter... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiten.r.chauhan
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

script help Undefined /illegal variable using cat

Hello group, Still fairly new at the whole scripting thing so be gentle. I'm trying to write a simple script that archives my log files into a master log broken into weeks of the year. My script runs fine up till the "cat" lines which I get a undefined or illegal variable name error. But... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dpreviti
2 Replies

9. Ubuntu

error LD: undefined variable while changing shell from bash to csh

Hi, i am a beginner in ubuntu. my default shell is bash. everytime i try to change the shell with command "csh", i get a message (probably an error message). after i get into c-shell, when i try to execute a c shellscript, then it showed the same message. any idea about what is this about or any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Avinash Nayak
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Undefined variable error

I am getting the error undefined variable even after following these steps #read name abcd #echo $name na: undefined variable (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishawdeep
6 Replies
TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Perl(3pm)			 Perl Programmers Reference Guide		     TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Perl(3pm)

NAME
TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Perl - Stream TAP from a Perl executable VERSION
Version 3.26 SYNOPSIS
use TAP::Parser::Source; use TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Perl; my $source = TAP::Parser::Source->new->raw( 'script.pl' ); $source->assemble_meta; my $class = 'TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Perl'; my $vote = $class->can_handle( $source ); my $iter = $class->make_iterator( $source ); DESCRIPTION
This is a Perl TAP::Parser::SourceHandler - it has 2 jobs: 1. Figure out if the TAP::Parser::Source it's given is actually a Perl script ("can_handle"). 2. Creates an iterator for Perl sources ("make_iterator"). Unless you're writing a plugin or subclassing TAP::Parser, you probably won't need to use this module directly. METHODS
Class Methods "can_handle" my $vote = $class->can_handle( $source ); Only votes if $source looks like a file. Casts the following votes: 0.9 if it has a shebang ala "#!...perl" 0.75 if it has any shebang 0.8 if it's a .t file 0.9 if it's a .pl file 0.75 if it's in a 't' directory 0.25 by default (backwards compat) "make_iterator" my $iterator = $class->make_iterator( $source ); Constructs & returns a new TAP::Parser::Iterator::Process for the source. Assumes "$source->raw" contains a reference to the perl script. "croak"s if the file could not be found. The command to run is built as follows: $perl @switches $perl_script @test_args The perl command to use is determined by "get_perl". The command generated is guaranteed to preserve: PERL5LIB PERL5OPT Taint Mode, if set in the script's shebang Note: the command generated will not respect any shebang line defined in your Perl script. This is only a problem if you have compiled a custom version of Perl or if you want to use a specific version of Perl for one test and a different version for another, for example: #!/path/to/a/custom_perl --some --args #!/usr/local/perl-5.6/bin/perl -w Currently you need to write a plugin to get around this. "get_taint" Decode any taint switches from a Perl shebang line. # $taint will be 't' my $taint = TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Perl->get_taint( '#!/usr/bin/perl -t' ); # $untaint will be undefined my $untaint = TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Perl->get_taint( '#!/usr/bin/perl' ); "get_perl" Gets the version of Perl currently running the test suite. SUBCLASSING
Please see "SUBCLASSING" in TAP::Parser for a subclassing overview. Example package MyPerlSourceHandler; use strict; use vars '@ISA'; use TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Perl; @ISA = qw( TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Perl ); # use the version of perl from the shebang line in the test file sub get_perl { my $self = shift; if (my $shebang = $self->shebang( $self->{file} )) { $shebang =~ /^#!(.*perl.*?)(?:(?:s)|(?:$))/; return $1 if $1; } return $self->SUPER::get_perl(@_); } SEE ALSO
TAP::Object, TAP::Parser, TAP::Parser::IteratorFactory, TAP::Parser::SourceHandler, TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Executable, TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::File, TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Handle, TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::RawTAP perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Perl(3pm)