Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting To tar the content while copying files Post 302654425 by Chubler_XL on Monday 11th of June 2012 11:05:12 PM
Old 06-12-2012
If you want to store tar contents of directory ./XYZ and all files/directores under it to /path/to/dest/XYZ.tar use:

Code:
tar cf /path/to/dest/XYZ.tar  ./XYZ

Example contents of /path/to/dest/XYZ.tar tarfile might be:

Code:
./XYZ/.profile
./XYZ/.kshrc
./XYZ/save.ksh
./XYZ/ZZZ
./XYZ/ZZZ/testing.c
./XYZ/ZZZ/testing.o

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copying content of a file

Hi, I have a file in my unix system let's call it FileName. First I want to copy its content into a another file, but outside of the unix, meaning I could open it at home. (text file would be perfect) Second (if it's possible) I need to take the first word of each line in the file (you know... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: talzohar
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying selected content from file

I want to capture contents of a file between 2 strings into another file for eg all lines in between the keywords "start log" and "end log" should be copied into another file (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: misenkiser
1 Replies

3. AIX

copying files to a remote aix server using tar!

Hi, I am using AIX 5.2, and I want to copy some files from one server to a remote server using tar command. Can anybody tell me exact command? Thanks. Aqeel (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: system-admin
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying the content of a filesystem to different Harddrive

my server runs solaris 10 , one of the partition in my primary harddrive is 99% full , i want to move the contents of it to the second harddrive . what is the best way to move the contents to 2nd drive ? which command should i use cpio/dd/tar/ufsdump .... please guide me with the command and the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: skamal4u
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Copying the content of a filesystem to different Harddrive

my server runs solaris 10 , one of the partition in my primary harddrive is 99% full , i want to move the contents of it to the second harddrive which has higher capacity. what is the best way to move the contents to 2nd drive ? which command should i use cpio/dd/tar/ufsdump .... please guide me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skamal4u
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

tar command to explore multiple layers of tar and tar.gz files

Hi all, I have a tar file and inside that tar file is a folder with additional tar.gz files. What I want to do is look inside the first tar file and then find the second tar file I'm looking for, look inside that tar.gz file to find a certain directory. I'm encountering issues by trying to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bashnewbee
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell :copying the content from one file to another

I have a log containing the below lines. file1.log ----------- module: module1 module10 module2 module002 module9 moduleRT100.2.1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying all the .sh files into a tar file

Hi All , I need to tar all the .sh files in a server along with the path . Please let me know is there any way this can be accomplished . Need to grep through all the directories and sub directories in a server and tar all the .sh scripts . (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: saj
16 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Linux read specific content file from tar.gz files without extracting

hello i wish to write the result of these below conditions in a file: 1. in a specific folder, i have many tar.gz files. 2. each tar.gz file contains ".dat" file in sub folders. 3. i wish to get the full path of these .dat files, if i find in it a specific word ("ERROR24"). 4. all this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyjames9
6 Replies
mlib_ImageColorRGB2XYZ(3MLIB)				    mediaLib Library Functions				     mlib_ImageColorRGB2XYZ(3MLIB)

NAME
mlib_ImageColorRGB2XYZ - RGB to XYZ color conversion SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lmlib [ library... ] #include <mlib.h> mlib_status mlib_ImageColorRGB2XYZ(mlib_image *dst, const mlib_image *src); DESCRIPTION
The mlib_ImageColorRGB2XYZ() function performs a color space conversion from ITU-R Rec.708 RGB with D64 white point to CIE XYZ. The source and destination images must be three-channel images. It uses the following equation: |X| |cmat[0] cmat[1] cmat[2]| |R| |Y| = |cmat[3] cmat[4] cmat[5]| * |G| |Z| |cmat[6] cmat[7] cmat[8]| |B| where cmat[] = { 0.412453, 0.357580, 0.180423, 0.212671, 0.715160, 0.072169, 0.019334, 0.119193, 0.950227 }; src[x][y] = { R, G, B }; dst[x][y] = { X, Y, Z }; PARAMETERS
The function takes the following arguments: dst Pointer to destination image. src Pointer to source image. RETURN VALUES
The function returns MLIB_SUCCESS if successful. Otherwise it returns MLIB_FAILURE. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mlib_ImageColorConvert1(3MLIB), mlib_ImageColorConvert1_Fp(3MLIB), mlib_ImageColorRGB2XYZ_Fp(3MLIB), mlib_ImageColorXYZ2RGB(3MLIB), mlib_ImageColorXYZ2RGB_Fp(3MLIB), mlib_ImageColorYCC2RGB(3MLIB), mlib_ImageColorYCC2RGB_Fp(3MLIB), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 10 Nov 2004 mlib_ImageColorRGB2XYZ(3MLIB)