Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting To tar the content while copying files Post 302654425 by Chubler_XL on Monday 11th of June 2012 11:05:12 PM
Old 06-12-2012
If you want to store tar contents of directory ./XYZ and all files/directores under it to /path/to/dest/XYZ.tar use:

Code:
tar cf /path/to/dest/XYZ.tar  ./XYZ

Example contents of /path/to/dest/XYZ.tar tarfile might be:

Code:
./XYZ/.profile
./XYZ/.kshrc
./XYZ/save.ksh
./XYZ/ZZZ
./XYZ/ZZZ/testing.c
./XYZ/ZZZ/testing.o

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copying content of a file

Hi, I have a file in my unix system let's call it FileName. First I want to copy its content into a another file, but outside of the unix, meaning I could open it at home. (text file would be perfect) Second (if it's possible) I need to take the first word of each line in the file (you know... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: talzohar
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying selected content from file

I want to capture contents of a file between 2 strings into another file for eg all lines in between the keywords "start log" and "end log" should be copied into another file (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: misenkiser
1 Replies

3. AIX

copying files to a remote aix server using tar!

Hi, I am using AIX 5.2, and I want to copy some files from one server to a remote server using tar command. Can anybody tell me exact command? Thanks. Aqeel (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: system-admin
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying the content of a filesystem to different Harddrive

my server runs solaris 10 , one of the partition in my primary harddrive is 99% full , i want to move the contents of it to the second harddrive . what is the best way to move the contents to 2nd drive ? which command should i use cpio/dd/tar/ufsdump .... please guide me with the command and the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: skamal4u
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Copying the content of a filesystem to different Harddrive

my server runs solaris 10 , one of the partition in my primary harddrive is 99% full , i want to move the contents of it to the second harddrive which has higher capacity. what is the best way to move the contents to 2nd drive ? which command should i use cpio/dd/tar/ufsdump .... please guide me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skamal4u
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

tar command to explore multiple layers of tar and tar.gz files

Hi all, I have a tar file and inside that tar file is a folder with additional tar.gz files. What I want to do is look inside the first tar file and then find the second tar file I'm looking for, look inside that tar.gz file to find a certain directory. I'm encountering issues by trying to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bashnewbee
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell :copying the content from one file to another

I have a log containing the below lines. file1.log ----------- module: module1 module10 module2 module002 module9 moduleRT100.2.1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying all the .sh files into a tar file

Hi All , I need to tar all the .sh files in a server along with the path . Please let me know is there any way this can be accomplished . Need to grep through all the directories and sub directories in a server and tar all the .sh scripts . (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: saj
16 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Linux read specific content file from tar.gz files without extracting

hello i wish to write the result of these below conditions in a file: 1. in a specific folder, i have many tar.gz files. 2. each tar.gz file contains ".dat" file in sub folders. 3. i wish to get the full path of these .dat files, if i find in it a specific word ("ERROR24"). 4. all this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyjames9
6 Replies
ICCLINK(1)						      General Commands Manual							ICCLINK(1)

NAME
icclink - little cms device link generator. SYNOPSIS
icclink [options] <profiles> DESCRIPTION
lcms is a standalone CMM engine, which deals with the color management. It implements a fast transformation between ICC profiles. icclink is little cms device link generator. Links two or more profiles into a single devicelink profile. Colorspaces must be paired except Lab/XYZ, that can be interchanged. OPTIONS
-8 Creates 8-bit devicelink. -b Black point compensation. -c <0,1,2,3> Precission (0=LowRes, 1=Normal, 2=Hi-res). [defaults to 1] -d description Description text (quotes can be used). -h <0,1,2,3> Show summary of options and examples. -i profile Input profile (defaults to sRGB). -k <0..400> Ink-limiting in % (CMYK only) -o profile Output devicelink profile. [defaults to 'devicelink.icm'] -t <0,1,2,3> Intent (0=Perceptual, 1=Colorimetric, 2=Saturation, 3=Absolute). -x Creatively, guess deviceclass of resulting profile. Built-in profiles: *Lab -- D50-based CIEL*a*b (PCS) *XYZ -- CIE XYZ (PCS) *sRGB -- sRGB color space *Gray22- Monochrome of Gamma 2.2 *Lin2222- CMYK linearization of gamma 2.2 on each channel EXAMPLES
To create 'devicelink.icm' from a.icc to b.icc: icclink a.icc b.icc To create 'out.icc' from sRGB to cmyk.icc: icclink -o out.icc *sRGB cmyk.icc To create a sRGB input profile working in Lab: icclink -x -o sRGBLab.icc *sRGB *Lab To create a XYZ -> sRGB output profile: icclink -x -o sRGBLab.icc *XYZ *sRGB To create a abstract profile doing softproof for cmyk.icc: icclink -t1 -x -o softproof.icc *Lab cmyk.icc cmyk.icc *Lab To create a 'grayer' sRGB input profile: icclink -x -o grayer.icc *sRGB gray.icc gray.icc *Lab To embed ink limiting into a cmyk output profile: icclink -x -o cmyklimited.icc -k 250 cmyk.icc *Lab NOTES
For suggestions, comments, bug reports etc. send mail to info@littlecms.com. SEE ALSO
jpegicc(1), tifficc(1), icc2ps(1), icctrans(1), wtpt(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Shiju p. Nair <shiju.p@gmail.com>, for the Debian project. September 30, 2004 ICCLINK(1)