Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting wish to use shell variable in xml file, is it possible? Post 302654377 by methyl on Monday 11th of June 2012 06:11:18 PM
Old 06-11-2012
On the surface you will need to run something like sed from a Shell script which has visibility of the value of $USER and edit the master XML and produce the version customised for the current user. It doesn't sound like it needs to be dynamic and could be a one-off bulk proliferation of custom XML.

The task could equally be achieved from multiple high-level computer programming languages.

We know nothing about your "executable", your Operating System, your Shell(s). Anything further would be a random guess.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Plz Help To convert xml file to text file using bourn shell scripts

If someone out there could help me out with this problem. I would really appreciate it. I am trying to convert xml into text file(fixed length) using Unix Borne shell scripts. My xml file: <root> <header_rec recordtype="00"> <record_id>00</record_id> <country_code>AK></country_code>... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ram2s2001
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove xml namespace from xml file using shell script?

I have an xml file: <AutoData xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <Table1> <Data1 10 </Data1> <Data2 20 </Data2> <Data3 40 </Data3> <Table1> </AutoData> and I have to remove the portion xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" only. I tried using sed... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gary1978
10 Replies

3. Programming

Accessing environmet variable in xml file

Hi I have certain environmenet variables defined in .profile: export DBNAME="mydb" export DBHOST="devbox.us.abc.com" export DBPORT="1111" export PASSWORD="mypwd" export MMUSER="myid" I also have an xml file defined like: <CONFIG> <DEFAULTS operator="oraread"> <PROPERTY... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: neeto
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing data from xml file is failing can't open variable

Created a korn shell script, everything is is working except this section, the variable $SYSINFO is being set, but the NASIP & NASDEV are failing, it appears to be treating the config.xml file config directory and xml as the file. Need a second set of eyes to tell me where I am messing up. #... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: juanb25
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to pull a variable out of an xml file...

Hello. I'm new to *ix and am trying to pull a variable or two from an xml document. The document is in the format: <name>7_3(A).mov</name> <description>Some description from a file</description> <updatename>7_3_A.mov</updatename> <updatepath>Dailies Released</updatepath> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renfield
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse xml file in variable-string?

In the wake of the post: how-parse-following-xml-file Thank you for the very useful chakrapani response 302355585-post4 ! A close question. How to pass a file to xmllint in variable? For example, let it be: NEARLY_FILE='<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?><html><set label="09/07/29"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: OleM2k
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert value of env variable in xml file

Hello, I have the following variables set in my env echo $MY_XSD_FILE /home/jak/sample.xsd echo $MY_INTERVAL_VALUE 4 I want to insert them between the xml tags in my xml file cat sample.xml ::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::: <property name="FILE"></property> :::::::::::::::::::::::... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakSun8
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading XML file and print the values in the text file using Linux shell script

hi guys, i want help... Reding XML file and print the values into the text file using linux shell script file as per below xml file <sequence> <Filename>aldorzum.doc</Filename> <DivisionCode>US</DivisionCode> <ContentType>Template</ContentType> <ProductCode>VIMZIM</ProductCode> </sequence>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sravanreddy
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to pull multiple XML tags from the same XML file in Shell.?

I'm searching for the names of a TV show in the XML file I've attached at the end of this post. What I'm trying to do now is pull out/list the data from each of the <SeriesName> tags throughout the document. Currently, I'm only able to get data the first instance of that XML field using the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hungryd
9 Replies
GLIB-COMPILE-RESOU(1)						   User Commands					     GLIB-COMPILE-RESOU(1)

NAME
glib-compile-resources - GLib resource compiler SYNOPSIS
glib-compile-resources [OPTION...] {FILE} DESCRIPTION
glib-compile-resources reads the resource description from FILE and the files that it references and creates a binary resource bundle that is suitable for use with the GResource API. The resulting bundle is then written out as-is, or as C source for linking into an application. The XML resource files normally have the filename extension .gresource.xml. For a detailed description of the XML file format, see the GResource documentation. OPTIONS
-h, --help Print help and exit --target=TARGET Store the compiled resources in the file TARGET. If not specified a filename based on the FILE basename is used. --sourcedir=DIRECTORY The files referenced in FILE are loaded from this directory. If not specified, the current directory is used. --generate Write the output file in the format selected for by its filename extension: .c C source .h C header .gresource resource bundle --generate-source Instead of a writing the resource bundle in binary form create a C source file that contains the resource bundle. This can then be compiled into an application for easy access. --generate-header Generate a header file for use with C code generated by --generate-source. --generate-dependencies Prints the list of files that the resource bundle references to standard output. This can be used to track dependencies in the build system. For example, the following make rule would mark test.gresource as depending on all the files that test.gresource.xml includes, so that is is automatically rebuilt if any of them change: test.gresource: test.gresource.xml $(shell $(GLIB_COMPILE_RESOURCES) --generate-dependencies test.gresource.xml) Note that this may or may not be portable to non-GNU make. --c-name Specify the prefix used for the C identifiers in the code generated by --generate-source and --generate-header. --manual-register By default code generated by --generate-source uses automatic initialization of the resource. This works on most systems by using the compiler support for constructors. However, some (uncommon) compilers may not support this, you can then specify --manual-register, which will generate custom register and unregister functions that your code can manually call at initialization and uninitialization time. --internal By default code generated by --generate-source declares all initialization functions as extern. So they are exported unless this is prevented by a link script or other means. Since libraries usually want to use the functions only internally it can be more useful to declare them as G_GNUC_INTERNAL which is what --internal does. ENVIRONMENT
XMLLINT The full path to the xmllint executable. This is used to preprocess resources with the xml-stripblanks preprocessing option. If this environment variable is not set, xmllint is searched in the PATH. GDK_PIXBUF_PIXDATA The full path to the gdk-pixbuf-pixdata executable. This is used to preprocess resources with the to-pixdata preprocessing option. If this environment variable is not set, gdk-pixbuf-pixdata is searched in the PATH. GIO
GLIB-COMPILE-RESOU(1)