Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Want to write all the jar name in single with delimiter ":" in beween the jar name Post 302654295 by alister on Monday 11th of June 2012 01:28:09 PM
Old 06-11-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrock
Nice one...but to make it work on all flavors of unix the paste command needs to be "paste -sd: -" as legacy unixes dont understand stdin without the - placeholder.
You're absolutely correct. Fixed. Thank you for reminding me of that.

Regards,
Alister

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

communicating wth another user aside from "wall" and "write"

Hi, Can anyone suggest a Unix command or c-shell algorithm to simulate to behavior of "wall" command minus the "all users"? What I'm trying to do is to send a notice to just one particular user but i dont want other remotely-logged-on users to receive the message (on the pseudo-terminals). I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deanne
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

"Join" or "Merge" more than 2 files into single output based on common key (column)

Hi All, I have working (Perl) code to combine 2 input files into a single output file using the join function that works to a point, but has the following limitations: 1. I am restrained to 2 input files only. 2. Only the "matched" fields are written out to the "matched" output file and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Katabatic
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problems with the jar -tvf command and "if" logic

Hi, I am reading a directory that has a list of jar files. I am searching these files for specific keywords. What i would like to do is write the address of the jar file to a new file if the search result is returned as false. For example; /home/user/JarDirectory/Examplefile.jar ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crunchie
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. Solaris

How to avoid "cannot execute" issue with a runnable jar file?

I am trying to understand why the runnable jar file runs on one Unix server, but not the other with same environment settings. I copied exact same test jar from here --> http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/javatips/javatip127/MakeJarRunnable.zip on to both Unix servers. Then changed... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substituting comma "," for dot "." in a specific column when comma"," is a delimiter

Hi, I'm dealing with an issue and losing a lot of hours figuring out how i would solve this. I have an input file which looks like this: ('BLABLA +200-GRS','Serviço ','TarifaçãoServiço','wap.bla.us.0000000121',2985,0,55,' de conversão em escada','Dia','Domingos') ('BLABLA +200-GRR','Serviço... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: poliver
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding the strings beween 2 characters "/" & "/" in .txt file

Hi all. I have a .txt file that I need to sort it My file is like: 1- 88 chain0 MASTER (FF-TE) FFFF 1962510 /TCK T FD2TQHVTT1 /jtagc/jtag_instreg/updateinstr_reg_1 dff1 (TI,SO) 2- ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Behrouzx77
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems with "write" and "wall"

Hello, I am using VirtualBox to simulate a small network with two Linux computers, the host is Mac OS X. My problem is that I can't send "write" and "wall" messages from the host to one of those Linux computers. Here is what works: - The virtual Linux computer answers "ping" messages that have... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 123_abc
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
JH_GENERATEORBITDIR(1)						    Javahelper						    JH_GENERATEORBITDIR(1)

NAME
jh_generateorbitdir - Creates and populates an orbit dir used by pde-build for third-party jar files. SYNOPSIS
jh_generateorbitdir [debhelperoptions] [--orbit-dir=dir] [orbit-dep[...]] DESCRIPTION
jh_generateorbitdir is a javahelper program that handles creation of an orbit dependency dir. This directory has to be populated with non- eclipse jar files. However, eclipse refers to these jars by their "symbolic name". jh_generateorbitdir can extract this name from the jar's manifest (provided it has the OSGi metadata) and create a symlink to it. jh_generateorbitdir will replace regular files with symlinks if they are present in the orbit dir and clash with the name of one of the orbit jars. If an orbit jar name clashes with a symlink in the orbit dir, then jh_generateorbitdir will assume that the given jar has already been symlinked correctly. In this case the jar file is still recorded in the cache (see below). jh_generateorbitdir will also check the default installation for jar files on Debian systems (at the time of writing /usr/share/java), if it cannot find the jar in the current dir. Jar files replaced by jh_generateorbitdir will be recorded so that jh_installeclipse can replace with symlinks them post install. FILES
debian/eclipse.orbitdeps List of orbit dependencies - one per line. This can be used as an alternative to passing it per command line. OPTIONS
--orbit-dir=dir Specifies the directory from where the orbit-dir is or should be created. Defauls to "debian/.eclipse_build/orbitdeps". EXAMPLE
jh_generateorbitdir --orbit-dir orbit asm3 oro Will generate a folder called orbit with two symlinks based on asm3 and oro's symbolic name. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of javahelper and uses debhelper as backend. There are also tutorials in /usr/share/doc/javahelper. AUTHOR
Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2010 by Niels Thykier This tool is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of GNU GPL 2. 0.43 2011-04-29 JH_GENERATEORBITDIR(1)