Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl Script to find the disk usage and to delete the files which is consuming more space Post 302654291 by arunkarthick on Monday 11th of June 2012 01:26:13 PM
Old 06-11-2012
Hi Methyl,

Thanks a lot for the input.

Let me try to modify the script and let you know if i face any problems.
This User Gave Thanks to arunkarthick For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

finding disk space usage

How would I go about finding the about of disk space occupied by a certain directory? For example, /u1/cvera => 530 MB Thanks =) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cvera8
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to determine the disk space usage

how can we determine the disk space used by a certain directory? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gfhgfnhhn
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to check free disk space

hello, I have to check the free space on the disk that would work both on Windows and Unix platform e.g on C: \ for Windows and / on Unix. I could use Unix command 'df ' ( my windows system has Unix emulator cygwin and could run 'df ' as well). But I'd like not to rely on system command but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: susja
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script delete log files from folder & subfolders on space usage

Hi, I am trying to write a shell script to delete logs generate by db when space in the folder reaches 70%. i am getting space values from db, find the files at OS and remove them by using a cron job runs every 5minutes. I have to keep the latest 5 files at any time, my problem is that log files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saha
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find a file whick is consuming larger disk space in file system

Hello, Can anybody please tell me the command to find out the filesystem or a file which is consuming larger disk space sing i want to find out the file and want to compress it please help me out any help would be appreciated (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lokeshpashine
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to monitor disk space usage

Some times my disk space is used upto 100% due to the application logs . So this script is to monitor the disk space usage and wall message to the users about the disk space usage if it exceeds the limit set in the script. Here for example the limit is set to 80%. This job is added in cron to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitranjansahu
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disk Usage - Space Used

Hi all, FreeBSD7.1 @ sh. In a backup script I am trying to get the blocks used by the backup once completed. I am using the function: #!/bin/sh spaceused() { du -d 0 "${1}" | awk -F"+" '{ print $1 } } to return the blocks used of said directory and contents. Via. command line... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Festus Hagen
7 Replies

8. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Issue with disk space usage

Issue with disk space usage I have the following line in my "df -h" output: Filesystem Size Used Avail Capacity Mounted on /dev/ad4s1a 496M 495M -39M 109% / What is the issue with having 9% excess utilisation? How can I find out what this partition is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Generic command for disk space usage

Given this directory /web I need to get the current usage (in %) on Linux and Unix both using the same command on bash shell ? The command i tried was working on Unix (solaris) but does not filter the desired same value when run of Linux. My command df -h /web | awk '{print $5}' | sed -n... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
5 Replies

10. HP-UX

Files consuming more space in HP-UX

Hi, Could you please provide OS command to find large files in size MB and GB... under specific directory in HP-UX? Regards, Maddy (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
4 Replies
mdraw_text(3m17n)						 The m17n Library						 mdraw_text(3m17n)

NAME
mdraw_text - Draw an M-text on a window. SYNOPSIS
int mdraw_text (MFrame * frame, MDrawWindow win, int x, int y, MText * mt, int from, int to) DESCRIPTION
Draw an M-text on a window. The mdraw_text() function draws the text between from and to of M-text mt on window win of frame frame at coordinate (x, y). The appearance of the text (size, style, color, etc) is specified by the value of the text property whose key is Mface. If the M-text or a part of the M-text does not have such a text property, the default face of frame is used. The font used to draw a character in the M-text is selected from the value of the fontset property of a face by the following algorithm: 1. Search the text properties given to the character for the one whose key is Mcharset; its value should be either a symbol specifying a charset or Mnil. If the value is Mnil, proceed to the next step. Otherwise, search the mapping table of the fontset for the charset. If no entry is found proceed to the next step. If an entry is found, use one of the fonts in the entry that has a glyph for the character and that matches best with the face properties. If no such font exists, proceed to the next step. 2. Get the character property 'script' of the character. If it is inherited, get the script property from the previous characters. If there is no previous character, or none of them has the script property other than inherited, proceed to the next step. Search the text properties given to the character for the one whose key is Mlanguage; its value should be either a symbol specifying a language or Mnil. Search the mapping table of the fontset for the combination of the script and language. If no entry is found, proceed to the next step. If an entry is found, use one of the fonts in the entry that has a glyph for the character and that matches best with the face properties. If no such font exists, proceed to the next step. 3. Search the fall-back table of the fontset for a font that has a glyph of the character. If such a font is found, use that font. If no font is found by the algorithm above, this function draws an empty box for the character. This function draws only the glyph foreground. To specify the background color, use mdraw_image_text() or mdraw_text_with_control(). This function is the counterpart of XDrawString(), XmbDrawString(), and XwcDrawString() functions in the X Window System. RETURN VALUE
If the operation was successful, mdraw_text() returns 0. If an error is detected, it returns -1 and assigns an error code to the external variable merror_code. ERRORS
MERROR_RANGE SEE ALSO
mdraw_image_text() COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001 Information-technology Promotion Agency (IPA) Copyright (C) 2001-2011 National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST) Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.html>. Version 1.6.2 12 Jan 2011 mdraw_text(3m17n)