Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Grep wildcards
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grep wildcards Post 302654039 by Scrutinizer on Monday 11th of June 2012 07:25:02 AM
Old 06-11-2012
Try:
Code:
number=141526
if echo "$number" | grep -qf file.txt; then
  echo "Number $number exists"
else
  echo "The number does not exist"
fi

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 06-11-2012 at 08:46 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Wildcards in VI

I'm trying to delete lines from a large text file using VI. Every line that I am wanting to delete start with 'S' - all others do not. (A list of users) I've tried using * but doesn't seem to like it...any ideas... Doesn't have to be VI - but I'm better with VI than sed/awk. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: peter.herlihy
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Wildcards In UNIX

on my SCO UNIX wild cards are not displaying wanted result. Why like that . I think that i was not using proper command . what are there . how can i use the wildcards in UNIX. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: smdakram
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep and wildcards

Hi guys, a small problem today, I'm grepping a log file containing lines like this below: Mar 09 16:04:00 blabla Mar 09 16:04:02 blabla Mar 09 16:04:05 blabla Mar 09 16:04:15 blabla Mar 09 16:05:06 blabla Mar 09 16:05:23 blabla Mar 09 16:05:25 blabla ... in this file I'm grepping... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lomic
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

wildcards

when writing a shell script (bourne) and using a unix command like 'ls' is there anything special you need to do to use a wildcard (like *)? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: benu302000
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ls with wildcards

ok, I'm trying to write a script file that lists files with specific elements in the name into a txt file, it looks like this ls s*.dat > file_names.txt can't figure out whats wrong with that line, any ideas? thanks in advance (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: benu302000
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

wildcards NOT

Hi All Please excuse another straightforward question. When creating a tar archive from a directory I am attempting to use wildcards to eliminate certain filetypes (otherwise the archive gets too large). So I am looking for something along these lines. tar -cf archive.tar * <minus all *.rst... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: C3000
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Wildcards

These 2 websites do a GREAT job of explaining different types of wildcards. I learned about the categories of characters which I never knew about at all. GNU/Linux Command-Line Tools Guide - Wildcards GREP (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - grep issue in filenames with wildcards

Hi I have 2 directories t1 and t2 with some files in it. I have to see whether the files present in t1 is also there in t2 or not. Currently, both the directories contain the same files as shown below: $ABC.TXT def.txt Now, when I run the below script, it tells def.txt is found,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: guruprasadpr
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Wildcards used in find, ls and grep commands

Platforms : Solaris 10 and RHEL 5.6 I always get double quotes , single quotes and asteriks mixed up for find, ls and grep commands. The below commands retrieve the correct results. But , unders stress , I get all these mixed up :mad: .So, i wanted to get a clear picture. Please check if... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: John K
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep multiple patterns that contain wildcards

job_count=`grep -e "The job called .* has finished | The job called .* is running" logfile.txt | wc -l` Any idea how to count those 2 patterns so i have a total count of the finished and running jobs from the log file? If i do either of the patterns its works okay but adding them together... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: finn
8 Replies
SSH2_METHODS_NEGOTIATED(3)						 1						SSH2_METHODS_NEGOTIATED(3)

ssh2_methods_negotiated - Return list of negotiated methods

SYNOPSIS
array ssh2_methods_negotiated (resource $session) DESCRIPTION
Returns list of negotiated methods. PARAMETERS
o $session - An SSH connection link identifier, obtained from a call to ssh2_connect(3). RETURN VALUES
EXAMPLES
Example #1 Determining what methods were negotiated <?php $connection = ssh2_connect('shell.example.com', 22); $methods = ssh2_methods_negotiated($connection); echo "Encryption keys were negotiated using: {$methods['kex']} "; echo "Server identified using an {$methods['hostkey']} with "; echo "fingerprint: " . ssh2_fingerprint($connection) . " "; echo "Client to Server packets will use methods: "; echo " Crypt: {$methods['client_to_server']['crypt']} "; echo " Comp: {$methods['client_to_server']['comp']} "; echo " MAC: {$methods['client_to_server']['mac']} "; echo "Server to Client packets will use methods: "; echo " Crypt: {$methods['server_to_client']['crypt']} "; echo " Comp: {$methods['server_to_client']['comp']} "; echo " MAC: {$methods['server_to_client']['mac']} "; ?> SEE ALSO
ssh2_connect(3). PHP Documentation Group SSH2_METHODS_NEGOTIATED(3)