Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Concatenating many files based on a specific column contents Post 302654023 by ygemici on Monday 11th of June 2012 06:59:47 AM
Old 06-11-2012
like this ?
Code:
# cat file1 file2 file3
Sno,Step,Data1,Data2,Data3 etc.

Code:
# awk -F, 'NR==FNR&&NR!=1{a[c++]=$2" "$0}NR!=FNR&&FNR!=1{b[x++]=$2" "$0}END{for(i=0;i<c;i++){w="ok";for(j=0;j<x;j++){
split(a[i],s," ");split(b[j],ss," ");if(ss[1]==s[1])if(w=="ok"){printf "%s\n%s\n",s[2],ss[2];w="nok"}else printf "%s\n",ss[2];}}
}' file1 file2 file3

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Retrieve line from a file based on a value in specific column

Hi, I have a file that has several values seperated by ":" 2006:John:Student:Football:Portugal:Cinema 2006:James:Engineer:Basket:Poland:Theatre 2007:Lucy:Diver:Gymnastic:England:Music 2007:Smith:Plumber:Basket:Spain:Poker I need make a filter based on the 5th field to find countries that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: efernandes
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

(cont) Retrieve line from a file based on a value in specific column

HI, Your help was great: awk -F":" '$5 ~ /^P/{print }' file I would like to know what changes need to be done to this line code, so that I can put it in a shell script and call it as the example below. example: countries that start with chacater 'P' > country P Result: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: efernandes
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging files based on the contents

Hi, I have a file f1 having the contents as below select (<condn>) from dual I have another file f2 having the contents as below 1, 2, 3 I want to replace <condn> in f1 with the contents of f2 I tried using sed like this sed "s:<condn>:`cat f2`:g" f1 The above command resulted in sed:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manii
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenating and appending string based on specific pattern match

Input #GEO-1-type-1-fwd-Initial 890 1519 OPKHIJEFVTEFVHIJEFVOPKHIJTOPKEFVHIJTEFVOPKOPKHIJHIJHIJTTOPKHIJHIJEFVEFVOPKHIJOPKHIJOPKEFVEFVOPKHIJHIJEFVHIJHIJEFVTHIJOPKOPKTEFVEFVEFVOPKHIJOPKOPKHIJTTEFVEFVTEFV #GEO-1-type-2-fwd-Terminal 1572 2030... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming Files Based on Contents

Hello everyone, I currently have a situation which is causing me some issues for keeping up with certain files. I will explain this to the best of my abilities. I have a list of files as follows 50_REPORT_1111 - file contains the word Car 50_REPORT_2222 - file contains the word House... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: DerangedNick
15 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenating contents of a file with members in a directory

Hi, I have a unix file with the below structure - CustId1 CustName1 CustPhn1 /u/home/xmldata/A000001 CustId2 CustName2 CustPhn2 /u/home/xmldata/A000002 CustId3 CustName3 CustPhn3 /u/home/xmldata/A000003 Then I have another unix directory /u/home/xmldata This directory has... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Simanto
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to cut from a text file based on value of a specific column?

Hi, I have a tab delimited text file from which I want to cut out specific columns. If the second column equals one, I want to cut out columns 1 and 5 and 6. If the second column equals two, I want to cut out columns 1 and 5 and 7. How do I go about doing that? Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Appending a files contents to the end of a specific file name in several directories

Here is my dir structure: /tmp/dave/myappend.txt /tmp/dave/dir1/test.txt /tmp/dave/dir2/test.txt /tmp/dave/dir3/test.txt /tmp/dave/dir4/test.txt I want to append the contents of myappend.txt to the end of each file with the name "test.txt" in all dirs in /tmp/dave/ I have tried this:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigd213
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove a line based on contents of the first column?

Good day all. Using basic UNIX/Linux tools, how would you delete a line based on a character found in column 1? For example, if the CITY name contains an 'a' or 'A', delete the line: New York City; New York Los Angeles; California Chicago; Illinois Houston; Texas Philadelphia;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BRH
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a Linux command for find/replace column based on specific criteria.

I'm new to shell programming, I have a huge text file in the following format, where columns are separated by single space: ACA MEX 4O_ $98.00 $127.40 $166.60 0:00 0:00 0 ; ACA YUL TS_ $300.00 $390.00 $510.00 0:00 0:00 0 ; ACA YYZ TS_ $300.00 $390.00 $510.00 0:00 0:00 0 ; ADZ YUL TS_ $300.00... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: transat
3 Replies
OCR4GAMERA(1)															     OCR4GAMERA(1)

NAME
ocr4gamera - OCR system using the Gamera framework USAGE
ocr4gamera -x <traindata> [options] <imagefile> OPTIONS
-v <int>, --verbosity=<int> Set verbosity level to <int>. Possible values are 0 (default): silent operation; 1: information on progress; >2: segmentation info is written to PNG files with prefix debug_. -h, --help Display help and exit. -d, --deskew Do a skew correction (recommended). -f, --filter Filter out very large (images) and very small components (noise). -a, --automatic-group Autogroup glyphs with classifier. -x <file>, --xmlfile=<file> Read training data from <file>. -o <xml>, --output=<xml> Write recognized text to file <xml> (otherwise it is written to stdout). -c <csv>, --extra_chars_csvfile=<csv> Read additional class name conversions from file <csv>. <csv> must contain one conversion per line. -R <rules>, --heuristic_rules=<rules> Apply heuristic rules <rules> for disambiguation of some chars. <rules> can be roman (default) or none (for no rules). -D, --dictionary-correction Correct words using a dictionary (requires aspell or ispell). -L <lang>, --dictionary-language=<lang> Use <lang> as language for aspell (when option -D is set). -e <int>, --edit-distance=<int> Correct words only when edit distance not more than <int>. OCR4GAMERA(1)