Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Prize of being an Admin
The Lounge War Stories Prize of being an Admin Post 302653995 by hedkandi on Monday 11th of June 2012 06:12:08 AM
Old 06-11-2012
this just happened to me last week

anyone else having the same issue with paid Linux support?

They're always late so this time I decided to play rough Smilie
Prize of being an Admin-rhelsupportjpg

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

fresh admin

hi everybody i'm just recreuted as UNIX system admin... please tell me from where do i have to begin... best regards (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hmaiida
8 Replies

2. Solaris

Tape Admin

Tape: Need tape library help please. Need to configure a remote admin card in the L100. Anything helpful.....thxs (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uwinix77
2 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

note for admin

i left a message for admin in the wrong thread.. it is in the what is on your mind thread since i can't move it or delete it.. i thought I would mention that I meant it to be in this thread.. sorry about the mistake.. thanx for your patience moxxx68 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
3 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Windows Admin switching to *nix Admin

I'm currently a Windows admin and have wanted to jump ship to the *nix side for a while now. I've been studying both through an lpic level 1 manual as I have time (focusing on debian), and a solaris 10 cert book. The problem is I only have a handful of hours a week to study, and my current job... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobwilson
3 Replies

5. War Stories

Prize of being an Admin - Part 2

I was reading this thread of admin_xor Prize of being an Admin and thought will share this experience of mine which is kind of opposite to what he did - I didn't tell anybody what happened :D We were porting one of the subsystem from Solaris to Linux. As part of that we developed many wrapper... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahamed101
23 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Regarding Admin life either as DBA or UNIX Linux admin

I am planning to choose my career as Unix/Linux Admin or a DBA. But I have come to know from forums and few admins like the job will be 24/7. I have few questions on that. Can we get "DAY" shifts in any one of the admin Job ? Can't we have shift timings in any company ? Eventhough the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jacktts
7 Replies
TENMADO(6)							  tenmado manual							TENMADO(6)

NAME
tenmado - hard-core shoot 'em up game in blue-or-red world SYNOPSIS
tenmado [ --dump stage ] [ --full-screen ] [ --help ] [ --slow ] [ --stage stage ] [ --undump stage ] [ --undump-default ] [ --version ] DESCRIPTION
tenmado is a vertically scrolling, late 1990s style (that is, a massive number of enemy shots against a smaller-than-it-looks spaceship) shoot 'em up game. A very accurate collision detection makes it a game of dexterity. If something looks like a triangle, it is a trian- gle, not a rectangle of similar size. However, surviving is only 20% of the game. The main feature of tenmado is the "color chain bonus". You can get a very big score (about 100 times bigger than a normal enemy-destruction point) by destroying enemies of the same color successively. It is easy or difficult depending on how greedy you are. In the game, use cursor keys to move, press space key to shoot (auto-repeat). A joystick is also available for move and shoot. Note that you must plug the joystick before you invoke tenmado. For more information, see the tutorial demo by choosing it from the menu in the title. Also check the README file which can be found at /usr/share/doc/tenmado/README . OPTIONS
--dump stage Write high score data to standard output and exit. Usually you save the output in a file and later use that file as the input of --undump. stage must be between 0 and 5. stage 0 means total score. stage 1 -- 5 means each stage score. --full-screen Run the game in the full screen mode. --help Print a help message and exit. --slow Run the game at the half speed. Technically, the length of waiting between each frame is doubled. This slows down everything in the game, including your ship. The idea is to study the enemy formations for a later (normal speed) play. The animation may be rough because this option gives you only about 16 fps. You can't enter the high score lists with this option. --stage stage Start the game at the specified stage. stage must be between 1 and 5. Note that you can play only one stage (the specified one) and you can't enter the high score lists. --undump stage Read high score data from standard input, save them and exit. The input is usually the output of --dump. stage must be between 0 and 5. stage 0 means total score. stage 1 -- 5 means each stage score. Only the superuser may use this option. --undump-default If at least one high score list is empty, read the default high score data, save them and exit. If not, do nothing. The main pur- pose of this option is to create high score database files at installation time so that you can set their permission. --version Print version information, license information and the disclaimer, then exit. BUGS
Please report any bugs you find to Oohara Yuuma <oohara@libra.interq.or.jp>. AUTHOR
Oohara Yuuma <oohara@libra.interq.or.jp> Project Geeste Thu, 16 Jan 2003 TENMADO(6)