Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Protocol Jokes (Lame)
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Protocol Jokes (Lame) Post 302653843 by pludi on Sunday 10th of June 2012 05:52:35 PM
Old 06-10-2012
Taken from #protolol
Quote:
The problem with TCP jokes is that people keep retelling them slower until you get them

The problem with token ring jokes is you need to wait your turn to laugh

I tried to come up with an IPv4 joke, but the good ones were all already exhausted

I’d make a joke about UDP, but I don’t know if anyone’s actually listening…
This User Gave Thanks to pludi For This Post:

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

lame question

i have one stupid question... so please don't laught at me :-) actually i have linux on my pc, but i want to install a solaris... i heard that solaris is not free, but my friend said that there is a free solaris dostridution in gnu licence... is it real? if yes where can i get it? if no -... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pgas
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

lame php question

When do PHP variables/objects vanish? Say, I have a database structure in index.php, I called connect(). Then I sent the user another page, say index2.php. Should I create a fresh database structure and call connect() again, or is there a way around this? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rayne
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Another lame 'vi' question......

This is a long shot, but there are many bright folks on here ;) My next vi drama involves a using a prototype file for a makefile. I have an old prototype file but its not in correct format. It's formated as: /the/old/path/file1 <garbage> <garbage> /the/old/path/file2 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yinzer955i
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with 'batch conversion using lame' shell script

Hi. I am trying to write an sh script that will: 1. take each wav file in ~/Documents 2. convert each into mp3 format using "lame" encoder 3. save the new mp3 in ~/Documents/newmp3s. It has to follow the 3 steps in this order for each wav file before taking the next file. I tried a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kingzy
8 Replies
ndd(1M) 																   ndd(1M)

NAME
ndd - network tuning SYNOPSIS
network_device parameter network_device parameter value [parameter] DESCRIPTION
The command allows the examination and modification of several tunable parameters that affect networking operation and behavior. It accepts arguments on the command line or may be run interactively. The option displays all the supported and unsupported tunable parameters that provides in the following categories: ARP, IP, IPSEC, IPV6, IPV6 Neighbor Discovery (ND), RAWIP, RAWIP6, SOCKET, TCP, and UDP. The tunable parameters in each category may be accessed with the proper valid network_device name. The network_device name is referred to as in The valid network_device names (and their associated parameter categories) are: (ARP), (IP and IPSEC), (IPV6, IPV6 Neighbor Discovery, and IPSEC v6), (RAWIP), (RAWIP6), (SOCKET), (TCP), and (UDP). Set parameter to to get a list of parameters for a particular network_device. Get the value of the parameter for network_device and print the value to standard output. Returned numbers are always displayed as decimal strings. Set parameter for network_device to value. All times are specified in milliseconds; for example, 240000 for 4 minutes. Unless stated otherwise, numbers are assumed to be in decimal. Use "0x" prefix to specify hexadecimal values. In general, all tunable parameters are global; in other words, they affect all instances of the network module. Some settings take effect immediately, while others are used to initialize data for an instance and will only affect newly opened streams. Display all the supported tunable parameters. This set of parameters are supported by HP and detailed descriptions of these tunable parameters are available through the parameter command. Display all the unsupported tunable parameters. This set of parameters are not supported by HP and modification of these tunable parameters are not suggested nor rec- ommended. Setting any unsupported tunable parameters on your system may result in adverse effects to your networking operations. When parameter is specified, a detail description of the parameter, along with its minimum, maximum, and default value are displayed. If no parameter is specified, it displays all supported and unsupported tunable parameters. Read input from the configuration file and set the tunable parameters. A user may specify tunable parameters in the nddconf configuration file, and these parameters will be set automatically each time the system boots. DIAGNOSTICS
When the command fails, an error message is printed to the standard error and the command terminates with an exit value of one. WARNINGS
Care must be used when setting parameters for a network_device. Setting a tunable parameter to an inappropriate value can result in adverse affects to your networking operations. EXAMPLES
To get help information on all supported tunable parameters: To get a detail description of the tunable parameter, To get a list of all TCP related parameters: To get the current value of the tunable parameter, To set the value of the default TTL parameter for UDP to 128: FILES
Contains tunable parameters that will be set automatically each time the system boots. AUTHOR
was developed by HP. ndd(1M)