Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: CUPS + passwd.md5 issue
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat CUPS + passwd.md5 issue Post 302653245 by Corona688 on Friday 8th of June 2012 03:04:57 PM
Old 06-08-2012
The information I have doesn't mention -s as an option for lppasswd.

I'm still not entirely clear on what your issue is. Are you complaining that when you add users, other users are removed?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Md5

Does anyone know a scipt that includes MD5. I need to run a script that includes MD5 encryption. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: duncang3
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

MD5 missmatch

I think it's a problem of gtar, but i'm note sure... I use gtar to create an archive from a directory then i use md5 to get an md5 string for the archive bzip2 to compress the archive and md5 again for the compressed archive. I send the file to my backup machine. When i download the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: noratx
1 Replies

3. Linux

Need Help: MD5

I am trying to compare two identical files by using md5 command, but cant get the right command parameters Please help me with any examples. All I want is to know how to compare two identical files which are residing on two different machines in my local network, for example: Host_A -... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: greenja
6 Replies

4. Solaris

passwd cmd reenables passwd aging in shadow entry

Hi Folks, I have Solaris 10, latest release. We have passwd aging set in /etc/defalut/passwd. I have an account that passwd should never expire. Acheived by emptying associated users shadow file entries for passwd aging. When I reset the users passwd using passwd command, it re enables... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue in passing passwd to login into a sudo account

Hi Gurus, I have small issue... I used to pass the passwd for sudo commands like below, gzcat ~/passwd.gz | sudo su - <villin> >> eof ------ ----- ------ eof And it was able to login into "villin" sudo account successfully. But now, I'm using the same in another script for the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu.iv85
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create md5 sums and archive the resulting md5 files

Hello everyone, I am looking to basically creating md5sum files for all iso files in a directory and archive the resulting md5 files into a single archive in that very same directory. I worked out a clumsy solution such as: #find files for which md5sum are to be created and store the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SurfTranquille
1 Replies

7. AIX

When did AIX start using /etc/security/passwd instead of /etc/passwd to store encrypted passwords?

Does anyone know when AIX started using /etc/security/passwd instead of /etc/passwd to store encrypted passwords? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anne Neville
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

CUPS print issue

Hi all, unable to print from linux box. Earlier it used to work fine. The print job is sitting in the queue and not going to printer. Removed queue job and tried again but no luck. Tried "cupsenable" but ended up with no success. I tried to print two text files as "root" with "lp " command... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lramsb4u
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NTP time issue with md5 authentication.

Hi All Appreciate your help. Here is the scenario: 1. Five months back we configured md5 authentication with network devices and NTP server and it worked fine. 2.Last week all of a sudden the network devices are out of sync. 3.We changed the md5 key and it started working. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: iqtan
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to reverse the b64 format(encoded b64(b64(md5($pass)))) into md5 hash format?

I have about 1500 rows (encoded b64(b64(md5($pass))) algorythm) in a file. I would like reverse the b64 into md5 hash format. How could I do that from command line? So I need only the correct md5 hash formats. These row format: 4G5qc2WQzGES6QkWAUgl5w P9tKxonBOg3ymr8vOBLnDA... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: freeroute
1 Replies
help(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   help(1)

NAME
help - Provides information for new users SYNOPSIS
help DESCRIPTION
The help command presents a one-page display of information for new users. Information is available for the following topics: Concatenat- ing or displaying files Editing lines interactively Sending and receiving mail Reading system messages Changing password file information Identifying current users of the system Sending messages to the other users on the system Displaying the contents of directories Viewing information on the Source Code Control System Setting terminal modes SEE ALSO
Commands: cat(1), ex(1), finger(1), ls(1), mail(1), mailx(1), passwd(1), sccshelp(1), tset(1), who(1), write(1) help(1)