Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Replacement Printer - compatibility Post 302653143 by Royalist on Friday 8th of June 2012 12:36:53 PM
Old 06-08-2012
Situation update: Networking problems solved with existing printer.
However, I am now seriously considering purchasing a Epson Stylus Photo 1500W printer, but cannot find any drivers either on the Epson site, or on Google searching the www.

Any helpful suggestions much appreciated please. I have tried searching Ubuntu home site. No luck.
Thanks in advance

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

know I do for to printer in printer deskjet 80colun

I want to print some thing in HP Deskjet 692.? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: edvaldo
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

How do you send printer codes to an IP printer

We were printing to a serial laser printer with all the HP codes to generate a form (i.e. lines, boxes, etc.) Thus the file is filled w/ control codes. We are switching to an IP printer and we can no longer print directly to the device (i.e. cp text /dev/tty11). It looks like we have to use the lp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffbugfree
2 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Program Compatibility

I really Hate the Monopoly Microsoft has over Software, but the fact remains it exists... so I wonder if there was a way to enable Programs Made for Windows and Mac to be Run in Unix as if it was in the Specified OS. Like a Compatibility Wizard. Or in a dual boot computer, for Unix to be able to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Elliandr
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Configuring Printer with Printer Manager

Hi All, I am trying to configure printer in solaris 10 with the help of print manager. There is no printer attached to my system, ia m doing it for test purpose. However I am unable to do so coz its pops up window - Heading as error with option as dismiss and cancel. Kindly help as I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
3 Replies

5. AIX

Check printer queue on Windows printer server

Hello Let me first give a small overview of the setup. All printers are connected to Windows 2000 servers. There are a lot of UNIX (AIX & HP-UX) servers as well which have SAP running. I'm working on a script to add printers to a specified SAP instance. I want to verify the user input (to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NielsV
0 Replies

6. SCO

Binary compatibility

Hi I'm going to buy C-ISAM 7.25 under sco unixware 7 to install in sco openserver 5.0.7. I'm wondering sco unixware 7 and sco openserver 5.0.6 are binary compatibles ? tnx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: javad1_maroofi
1 Replies

7. Linux

Find printer location and printer type

Hi, Is it possible to find the printer location and printer type (whether it is local or network) using command in Linux ? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: forumguest
1 Replies
GIMPPRINT-MEDIATYPES(7) 				      Gimp-Print Manual Pages					   GIMPPRINT-MEDIATYPES(7)

NAME
gimpprint-mediatypes - Gimp-Print media types DESCRIPTION
Gimp-Print supports many different media types, which are printer type specific. The option names are case sensitive. Two names are listed for each resolution; the first (short) name is the mediatype, and the second (long) name is descriptive. Not all media types are supported on all printers. MEDIA TYPES
Epson and Lexmark (other than the 4076) inkjet printers Media Type Description ------------------------------------------ Plain Plain Paper PlainFast Plain Paper Fast Load Postcard Postcard GlossyFilm Glossy Film Transparency Transparencies Envelope Envelopes BackFilm Back Light Film Matte Matte Paper Inkjet Inkjet Paper Coated Photo Quality Inkjet Paper GlossyPhoto Premium Glossy Photo Paper Luster Premium Luster Photo Paper Photo Photo Paper Glossy Photo Quality Glossy Paper Ilford Ilford Heavy Paper Other Other We have found that glossy photo papers not specifically designed for Epson printers generally perform poorly in Epson printers. The ink tends to pool on the paper, causing muddy shadows and possibly leaving ink on the printer rollers. Use of the highest quality printing modes (1440x720 highest quality and 2880x720 unidirectional) produces the best result on such papers, probably because printing is slower and there is more time for the ink to dry. Canon printers Media Type Description ------------------------------------- Plain Plain Paper Transparency Transparencies BackFilm Back Print Film Fabric Fabric Sheets Envelope Envelope Coated High Resolution Paper TShirt T-Shirt Transfers GlossyFilm High Gloss Film GlossyPaper Glossy Photo Paper GlossyCards Glossy Photo Cards GlossyPro Photo Paper Pro PCL (Hewlett-Packard and Lexmark 4076) inkjet printers Media Type Description ---------------------------------------- Plain Plain Bond Bond Premium Premium Glossy Glossy/Photo Transparency Transparency GlossyQD Quick-dry Photo TransparencyQD Quick-dry Transparency PCL laser printers do not allow specification of any media type. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001 Michael Sweet (mike@easysw.com) and Robert Krawitz (rlk@alum.mit.edu) This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This manual page was written by Roger Leigh (roger@whinlatter.uklinux.net) SEE ALSO
gimpprint-color(7), gimpprint-dithers(7), gimpprint-imagetypes(7), gimpprint-inktypes(7), gimpprint-mediasizes(7), gimpprint-media- sources(7), gimpprint-models(7), gimpprint-resolutions(7). Version 4.2.4 25 Nov 2002 GIMPPRINT-MEDIATYPES(7)