Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Exploring the grep options
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Exploring the grep options Post 302652725 by rangarasan on Thursday 7th of June 2012 03:52:51 PM
Old 06-07-2012
awk

In awk, we are checking the pattern if found just print the matched string else print the string 'not found'..

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep options

Hi Team, I have a list of 12000 files and i am need to search for the names of the file which has long version numbers (say more than 5 decimals).. With the below instance u~15.1.4.1.2.1.5.1.5.1.24.1.24.1.5 lk-l~22.1.3.1.9.1.7.1.24.1.23 YDFVALLN.CPY~1 YEUPCASE.CPY~1 YFPRSTID.CPY~1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganga.dharan
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem with grep command options in Sunsolaris

Hi Experts I need the following output from grep command of Sunsolaris on a set of input files. Output:........ 1st search string from file1 2nd search string from file1 3rd search string from file1 1st search string from file2 2nd search string from file2 3rd search string from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep Options

Hi Folks, I have one query I have a log file to which I reach to putty and I open that particular log file in vi editor and search through /pattern, Suppose I have to search <ProgramId>627857272120951075</ProgramId> Then I have to open abc.log cd /var/log/ ls -ltr vi abc.log... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SankalpS
1 Replies

4. Solaris

grep options in solaris

Hi, I am interested in knowing the grep optiojs availabel in solaris box, to get the grep results in one line from the log files. only the matched values need to be displayed. I need ot find the values in a message where the search values will be in separate lines of the input. like:... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudha143
10 Replies
FNMATCH(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							FNMATCH(3)

NAME
fnmatch - match filename or pathname SYNOPSIS
#include <fnmatch.h> int fnmatch(const char *pattern, const char *string, int flags); DESCRIPTION
The fnmatch() function checks whether the string argument matches the pattern argument, which is a shell wildcard pattern. The flags argument modifies the behavior; it is the bitwise OR of zero or more of the following flags: FNM_NOESCAPE If this flag is set, treat backslash as an ordinary character, instead of an escape character. FNM_PATHNAME If this flag is set, match a slash in string only with a slash in pattern and not by an asterisk (*) or a question mark (?) metacharacter, nor by a bracket expression ([]) containing a slash. FNM_PERIOD If this flag is set, a leading period in string has to be matched exactly by a period in pattern. A period is considered to be leading if it is the first character in string, or if both FNM_PATHNAME is set and the period immediately follows a slash. FNM_FILE_NAME This is a GNU synonym for FNM_PATHNAME. FNM_LEADING_DIR If this flag (a GNU extension) is set, the pattern is considered to be matched if it matches an initial segment of string which is followed by a slash. This flag is mainly for the internal use of glibc and is only implemented in certain cases. FNM_CASEFOLD If this flag (a GNU extension) is set, the pattern is matched case-insensitively. RETURN VALUE
Zero if string matches pattern, FNM_NOMATCH if there is no match or another nonzero value if there is an error. CONFORMING TO
POSIX.2. The FNM_FILE_NAME, FNM_LEADING_DIR, and FNM_CASEFOLD flags are GNU extensions. SEE ALSO
sh(1), glob(3), scandir(3), wordexp(3), glob(7) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.25 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
2000-10-15 FNMATCH(3)