Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support [Solved] EMERGENCY - can I revert 1 hour of mysql changes Post 302652619 by angryfirelord on Thursday 7th of June 2012 11:33:53 AM
Old 06-07-2012
Just as a follow-up, mysql does have the ability to reverse a transaction through the ROLLBACK command after a commit. However, you need to make sure you're using InnoDB and you need to use this statement:
Code:
SET autocommit=0;

Otherwise, once it goes in, it doesn't come back out.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

need zpool to revert...

hi i have created a pool using zpool command for my /dev/dsk/c1d0s3 disk. The poolname is qwertyuiopasdfghjklmnbvcxzzxcvbnmasdfghjklqwertyuiopoiuytrewqasdfghjklkjhgfdsazxcvbnmmnbnbcxczxzassd ddddvfhfghgjjgjhgkhkljfjlhohihiuyuioyguioyguiowyuiogwyuigwrigywuigyguiyuiogyugiyguioyuyguiowygiuygui... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SankarV
1 Replies

2. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Revert SVN import

Instead of importing a project/folder as svn import vlsms/ file:///home/repo/vlsms -m "Initial Upload" I did svn import vlsms/ file:///home/repo -m "Initial Upload" How to undo this import (in a clean way,without trace?) ---------- Post updated at 03:10 AM ---------- Previous update was at... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnbach
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[SOLVED] mysql.sock is missing..

mysql.sock file is missing in /opt/lampp/etc/ is there any backup file available in unix... since without that file .. project is not opening.. reply me as soon as possible ... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: senkerth
19 Replies

4. Web Development

[Solved] Disable mySQL autocommit

Hi. Does anyone know how I can disable auto-commit in mySQL? I've been Googling it for ages, and one suggestion that always comes up is adding this to /etc/my.cnf: ... init_connect='SET autocommit=0' But that didn't work. I then read that this wouldn't work anyway for a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scott
4 Replies

5. Linux

Is it possible to revert a file after overwriting it ?

Long story short, there was some sort of corruption with my ide and the script I was working on has been over written with nothing (the file is blank now). The IDE doesn't store a back up from what I know (I'm using notepadd++ in wine lol I know I know I'm addictted to the nppftp sidebar and geany... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: noPermissions
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

gmail revert to old look permanently

I thought I would share gmail revert to old look permanently. I am sure I am not the only one annoyed by the new look. Install Stylish extension Choose the Stylish UserStyle that you want. I know The Return of Old Gmail and gmail-b2b both work but I prefer gmail-b2b since I think it looks... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert 24 hour time to 12 hour timing?

Hi friends, I want to convert 24 hour timing to 12 hour please help me... my data file looks like this.. 13-Nov-2011 13:27:36 15.32044 72.68502 13-Nov-2011 12:08:31 15.31291 72.69807 16-Nov-2011 01:16:54 15.30844 72.74028 15-Nov-2011 20:09:25 15.35096 ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: nex_asp
13 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

[Solved] Mysql - Take data from row and copy it to another row

Sorry if I repost my question in this section, but I'm really in a hurry since I have to finish my work... :( Dear community, I have a table with two rows like: Row1 Row2 ======= ======= 7,3 text 1 1,3 text 2 1,2,3 blabla What i need to do is add/copy... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[solved] Awk/shell question to parse hour minute from text

Hi, I have a quick question on parsing the hour/minute and value from a text file and remove the seconds portion. For example in the below text file: 20:26:01 95.83 20:27:01 96.06 20:28:01 95.99 20:29:01 7.11 20:30:01 5.16 20:31:01 8.27 20:32:02 9.79 20:33:01 11.27 20:34:01 7.83... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satishrao
2 Replies
ROLLBACK(7)                                                        SQL Commands                                                        ROLLBACK(7)

NAME
ROLLBACK - abort the current transaction SYNOPSIS
ROLLBACK [ WORK | TRANSACTION ] DESCRIPTION
ROLLBACK rolls back the current transaction and causes all the updates made by the transaction to be discarded. PARAMETERS
WORK TRANSACTION Optional key words. They have no effect. NOTES
Use COMMIT [commit(7)] to successfully terminate a transaction. Issuing ROLLBACK when not inside a transaction does no harm, but it will provoke a warning message. EXAMPLES
To abort all changes: ROLLBACK; COMPATIBILITY
The SQL standard only specifies the two forms ROLLBACK and ROLLBACK WORK. Otherwise, this command is fully conforming. SEE ALSO
BEGIN [begin(7)], COMMIT [commit(7)], ROLLBACK TO SAVEPOINT [rollback_to_savepoint(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 ROLLBACK(7)