Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: For loop question
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting For loop question Post 302652441 by methyl on Thursday 7th of June 2012 06:54:41 AM
Old 06-07-2012
The problem is quite simple. An underscore character is a valid character in a variable name. Therefore the variable $PLATFORMVAR_$SERVERVAR_contacts is blank !
We need some curly brackets to delimit the variables. This is good practice in Shell scripting anyway.

Code:
cp /opt/firewalker/data/${PLATFORMVAR}/${SERVERVAR}/contacts /opt/apacheprod/scripts/input/${PLATFORMVAR}_${SERVERVAR}_contacts

This User Gave Thanks to methyl For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop question

hi, how would i go about making a loop which gets each line from a single text file, set it to a variable and then print it to screen? thanks eg: #!/bin/sh FILE="somefile.txt" text_line="" what kind of loop would use here? (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: strike
18 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

loop question

HI ALL How to read first 10 line from a file using any method (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aliahsan81
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH loop inside a loop question

Hi all Sorry for the basic question, but i am writing a shell script to get around a slightly flaky binary that ships with one of our servers. This particular utility randomly generates the correct information and could work first time or may work on the 12th or 100th attempt etc !.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rethink
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

For Loop Question

I'm improving the way an existing script handles arrays, but the results aren't what I had in mind: e="Too many consecutive errors... System is probably unstable!" e="Cancelable Timer Wait Failed!" for errcd in ${e} do echo ${errcd} done The for loop interprets the spaces... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ironhalo
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

loop question

hey guys what im trying to do is do a simple script that will ask for a password and on the 5th time it says access denied if the right password is still not entered this is what i have so far can anyone help me im not good with scripting thanks in advance #!/bin/bash secretname=secret... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: randallrivy11
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

For Loop Question

I am struggling with the for loop. I have a file name heros.txt and I would like to go through a list in file where.txt and see if I can find the name from where inside heros. One of the problems that I am having is I dont understand how to setup the for loop to find the list to search.:wall: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: captaindoogles
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

For loop question

I have two files. In file one, there are many columns, but only two of interest to me. Column 1 contains a list of individuals, defined by an ID number. Column 10 contains the diagnosis that each individual has (I am a physician). All together, there are 3000 lines in this file, one line per... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: awc228
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

While loop Question

Hi, I have a requirement where I have to check for 10 files in Unix location. If all of the files present in that directory then i have execute another process. can you help me resolving this issue. sample location /home/usr abc.txt cde.txt aaaa.txt lll.txt ooo.txt if all the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manasvi24
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Loop question

Hi, I would really appreciate some help with manipulating a file. Here is my input file: SNP_1 : 1 SNP_11 : 1 SNP_2 -0.12 1 SNP_12 -0.3472 1 SNP_3 -0.708 1 SNP_13 0.5037 1 SNP_4 1.492 0.5 SNP_14 -0.0685 1 SNP_5 1.27 0.5 SNP_15 0.547 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zajtat
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question about for loop

Hi, I have code like below disk_list=$(ls /root/file1) for disk in $disk_list do pvcreate $i done I know what pvcreate command does, but I do not understand what this $i do here. can someone please explain. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stew
2 Replies
Locale::Script(3perl)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				     Locale::Script(3perl)

NAME
Locale::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. The ones currently supported are: alpha This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA". The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. numeric This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC". ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes Locale::Constants http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2011 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-09-26 Locale::Script(3perl)